Josh winks higher state TB 303

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The 2nd 303, 2 notes each bar (to begin with) playing the same 2 notes as the main 303. Is the 2nd 303 played an octave higher and in a different wave form?

https://youtu.be/Ldfc68bxlB8

Yeah, first one seems to be square wave, and the second one seems to be a sawtooth.

As it's probably the most famous 303 line ever, i'm sure others know more about it. :D

Yes.

It’s also an MC202.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Josh Wink has on several occasions stated himself that it's just 303. More specifically, two original non-modified 303s. He did tweak the internal pots, but that's it. Either somebody is lying or internet forum postulation has created a myth which is still carried on today.

I'd be interested in hearing higher state recreated in software.

I always had a hard time recreating that kind of distortion in the 303 emus i tried (Rebirth, Venom VB-303, or Phoscyon). I think that's what software is always struggling the most anyway, with analog sounding sturation and distortion.

chk071 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:44 pm I always had a hard time recreating that kind of distortion in the 303 emus i tried (Rebirth, Venom VB-303, or Phoscyon). I think that's what software is always struggling the most anyway, with analog sounding sturation and distortion.
sure... ten years ago.

i read somewhere that the distortion is just an overdriven mackie mixer input. a 24x8 i think.

it was a long time ago when i read that so no idea if i recall investigating it further.

Jwpar22 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:36 pm I'd be interested in hearing higher state recreated in software.
https://soundcloud.com/antto/josh-wink-hsoc-tweak
there ya go
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

Nice. :)

Is that Venom VB-303?

yeah
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

:tu: