NI Summer of sound has begun

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

m-ac wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:04 am Looks like it's kicked off, or at least here it has https://www.absolutemusic.co.uk/catalog ... 589491b0c2
They're just bloody upgrades and bundle deals. Nothing special.
I think they have the real deals soon like libraries and shit

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:44 am
Gamma-UT wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:59 pm I was surprised to see the CE version so cheap just a year in when I looked first time.
Yeah, I thought they would not include CE in this sale, but surprised they did.

However, for anyone looking to buy K12U CE, they only differences are 30 new expansions and full version of Symphony series. So unless you really need them, it is better to save some money and go for K12U instead. Less choices without much impact (less confusion) and you can also save your hard disk space. Of course you could do that if you do not install what you don't want, but then it might be wiser to go for normal K12U.
I have K11 Standard now. Still debating the upgrade to K12U vs. K12U CE. The full bore Symphony Series seems really nice, but I'm not sure how necessary it is for the music I tend to make.

It's also cheaper to upgrade to CE straight away than to add the Symphony Series later.

I'm waiting for this! Good thing is starts early so there's a chance I'll get it before summer holidays :hyper:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

agharta wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:32 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:39 pm
agharta wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:55 pm
Cinebient wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:51 pm Not that i plan it but in a case where you would want to resell it. Would it be handled by N.I. or the reseller (if even possible). I know that reselling is really easy and as good as it can gets with N.I. but a hassle or even not possible with some resellers.
It's always handled by NI. You have to register with NI so only they can handle the transfers. Retail boxes are sealed so the retailers don't even know the serial numbers they are supplying with those.
Applies for download version too, right? Obvious, but just checking. Basically, it should be the same like buying from NI from reselling point of view, right?
There's no difference.

Separately, if you buy a download from NI direct they don't activate the license to your account but just add it your purchase list.
It means you can buy from NI and pass on the serial number as unregistered.
Thanks.

And yes, about registration part, I do know that. When you buy anything, it shows as unregistered in your NI website account. Only if you install or manually register it in NA will that serial number move to registered section.

Tappistry wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:09 pm
Gamma-UT wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:59 pm I was surprised to see the CE version so cheap just a year in when I looked first time.

However, for anyone looking to buy K12U CE, they only differences are 30 new expansions and full version of Symphony series. So unless you really need them, it is better to save some money and go for K12U instead. Less choices without much impact (less confusion) and you can also save your hard disk space. Of course you could do that if you do not install what you don't want, but then it might be wiser to go for normal K12U.
I have K11 Standard now. Still debating the upgrade to K12U vs. K12U CE. The full bore Symphony Series seems really nice, but I'm not sure how necessary it is for the music I tend to make.

It's also cheaper to upgrade to CE straight away than to add the Symphony Series later.
I completely understand and agree on your point. But if you are sure you are never going to use that additional stuff from K12U CE, you save about $100. I was mainly interested for the additional 30 Expansions, as I am not into orchestral stuff and Symphony Series Essentials would be more than sufficient, in fact, a bonus for me if I ever want to use it for anything. Then, I realized that I already have a few Expansions from the 30 in K12U CE, which I really love. I could sell them, but it would be a hassle. Lately, I have observed it has become a bit difficult to sell Expansions anyway. Also, the more Expansions you have, the less you will actually tend to use and it will all be confusing. So, I decided to limit myself (even when I could get K12U CE by stretching my budget a bit). K12U will anyway give me 20 more Expansions, which is cool.

So, overall I have convinced myself to go for K12U Update, because:
- It will avoid unnecessary clutter of space and mind.
- Not get something I don't intend to use and save some money.

You could get K12U right now and see how much you miss Symphony Series. Later, during BF or next year SoS, you could resell K12U and get K12U CE. :)

agharta wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:45 pm
chk071 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:22 pmDon't worry. I also didn't get my serial, and, obviously I need to wait until mid next week... yeah, quite surprising. First online shop which didn't deliver the serial immediately. Not a good first impression.
It's not that unusual and many people have had similar issues with Cubase recently via other sellers and not just because of the Crossgrade requirements.
I use Best Service fairly often and usually the license is instant but when it's not it's usually because the actual vendor needs to manually supply it. So nothing to see here!
It never happened to me. All my license purchases for audio software so far has been instant. I mean, that's basically the whole deal with paying with Paypal, isn't it? Instant purchase.

Anyway. Hopefully they'll be able to deliver it first half of next week. It just leaves a bit of a unprofessional taste.

As far as I see it Native Instruments will start their SoS promo on Monday. Some resellers were not able or willing to stay with that time line (incompetent or bad boys). These shenanigans cause the strange situation.

Yep. That's what i suspect as well. Suckers. Took my money. :( (OK, OK, i gave it to them, willingly)

Next time, i'll wait for official start, buy directly at NI, and don't try to save 4 €.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:13 pm
Tappistry wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:09 pm

I completely understand and agree on your point. But if you are sure you are never going to use that additional stuff from K12U CE, you save about $100. I was mainly interested for the additional 30 Expansions, as I am not into orchestral stuff and Symphony Series Essentials would be more than sufficient, in fact, a bonus for me if I ever want to use it for anything. Then, I realized that I already have a few Expansions from the 30 in K12U CE, which I really love. I could sell them, but it would be a hassle. Lately, I have observed it has become a bit difficult to sell Expansions anyway. Also, the more Expansions you have, the less you will actually tend to use and it will all be confusing. So, I decided to limit myself (even when I could get K12U CE by stretching my budget a bit). K12U will anyway give me 20 more Expansions, which is cool.

So, overall I have convinced myself to go for K12U Update, because:
- It will avoid unnecessary clutter of space and mind.
- Not get something I don't intend to use and save some money.

You could get K12U right now and see how much you miss Symphony Series. Later, during BF or next year SoS, you could resell K12U and get K12U CE. :)
I'm still a little fuzzy on what I'm able to sell and not sell with Komplete after upgrades. I've asked some questions to NI about it and seems that any product that is upgraded/crossgraded from can't be sold.

Say your qualifying product for the upgrade discount is Kontakt; you may not sell Kontakt or you'll be disqualifying your Komplete license.
Other than that I think there is no problem, albeit I would double-check

Tappistry wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:52 pm I'm still a little fuzzy on what I'm able to sell and not sell with Komplete after upgrades. I've asked some questions to NI about it and seems that any product that is upgraded/crossgraded from can't be sold.
If you sell both the product which hass been upgraded, and the upgrade, then you can sell it, as far as i know. It's just that the upgrade will lose its validity/will stop working, when you remove the upgraded product from your account, obviously.

For example, if you upgraded to Komplete from Kontakt, and after that, you sell Kontakt, your Komplete license will stop working, because the product you upgraded from is not in your account anymore.

yep, when i upgraded to komplete from reaktor, i also had absynth, which i was then able to sell as i hadn't used that to upgrade.
i then upgraded from komplete 9 to 11.
i still cant sell my old reaktor or komplete 9, as then id lose 11.

chk071 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:14 pm
agharta wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:45 pm
chk071 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:22 pmDon't worry. I also didn't get my serial, and, obviously I need to wait until mid next week... yeah, quite surprising. First online shop which didn't deliver the serial immediately. Not a good first impression.
It's not that unusual and many people have had similar issues with Cubase recently via other sellers and not just because of the Crossgrade requirements.
I use Best Service fairly often and usually the license is instant but when it's not it's usually because the actual vendor needs to manually supply it. So nothing to see here!
It never happened to me. All my license purchases for audio software so far has been instant. I mean, that's basically the whole deal with paying with Paypal, isn't it? Instant purchase.

Anyway. Hopefully they'll be able to deliver it first half of next week. It just leaves a bit of a unprofessional taste.
This has nothing to to with if you paid with PayPal! :o
The issue here is more likely to do with the vendor not the retailer.
Just because you haven't experienced it before doesn't mean that Best Service are unprofessional.
It may just be that BS as with many others jumped the gun with the NI offer and they can't supply the serial number until the offer officially starts next week.

Cinebient wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:28 am Damn....all these sales...stop it please! Resistance is futile. :borg:
+1 :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”