IK Multimedia releases MODO DRUM

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MODO DRUM

Specs "... 8GB of RAM (16 GB suggested), 20GB of available hard-disk space" What's all that disk space for? The graphics?

As for the price - the pre-order cross-grade price here is €240, include VAT. I would think that is is the usual "any product over 99.99 qualifies for a cross-grade").
Last edited by DarkStar on Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:15 am Specs "... 8GB of RAM (16 GB suggested), 20GB of available hard-disk space" What's all that disk space for? The graphics?
Additional paradigms.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

That's for storing all your Credit Card receipts.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Nope, it's for unused Jan Points

For owners of Modo Bass: You qualify for the cross grade price (199), and you get an additional 50 off for being a Modo user - which brings down the price to 149 + VAT.

"combination of modal synthesis and advanced sampling"

Hmm. ..not really interested anymore.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Thought this is physical modelling...
Just another sampler with some bells and whistles?
:headscratching:

tq wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:24 am For owners of Modo Bass: You qualify for the cross grade price (199), and you get an additional 50 off for being a Modo user - which brings down the price to 149 + VAT.
How do you get the 50€ off? I have Modo Bass but my price is 199€

You should get a promo code when checking out. That's from their website:

"As a special thank you to current owners of IK’s MODO BASS software, those users will also receive an automatic coupon for $/€50 off the Crossgrade version. Just be sure you are logged in on our site and add the item to your cart."

It was directly in my cart when checking out - didn't have to do anything. (You need to be logged in, though, for obvious reasons.)

martinjuenke wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:35 am Thought this is physical modelling...
Just another sampler with some bells and whistles?
:headscratching:
No, it seems to be a hybrid of modeling and sampling.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/m ... /#modeling

I just wish this would allow building your own crazy drums, instead of just tweaking existing ones... Still, this seems to be more than just sampling.

Shit that sounds awesome...finally I can start getting some serious rhythm tracks down.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Doesn't matter if it's a hybrid of sampling and modeling - that amazing solo Stradivarius violin by Samplemodeling years ago was the result of sampling and modeling.

These drums are incredible and the realism is such that I wouldn't need to bother with any of my older purely sample based drums.

benjamind wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:48 am Doesn't matter if it's a hybrid of sampling and modeling - that amazing solo Stradivarius violin by Samplemodeling years ago was the result of sampling and modeling.

These drums are incredible and the realism is such that I wouldn't need to bother with any of my older purely sample based drums.
Yeah, as you already said you will delete all samples from your drives now you have a good reason to do so: Space for your new samples! :lol:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

So if I want a drum sound that requires a sample that this doesn't have, I'm out of luck.

Okay. I guess I'm just an idiot because I don't get how this is a game changer.

I'll keep the samples I have that cover just about every drum sound I could ever want to make.

mladi wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:50 am
benjamind wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:48 am Doesn't matter if it's a hybrid of sampling and modeling - that amazing solo Stradivarius violin by Samplemodeling years ago was the result of sampling and modeling.

Yeah, as you already said you will delete all samples from your drives now you have a good reason to do so: Space for your new samples! :lol:
Nah, I'll keep the good ones but MODO DRUM is definitely going to be my main one now...I love literally all of the demos I heard.

Return to “Instruments”