One Synth Challenge #125: T-Force Alpha Plus 2 (exponent1 Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Synthedit win only? :x

Eauson wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:10 pm Sadly Version 2 doesn't work...

Im on reaper..:)
Loads without any issues here in Reaper (64bit).
FrankH wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:42 am I still have not located any factory presets.
The synth does come with a handful of presets. Shows it does sound rather big, not much else in the presets.

Why a bass preset is drowned in delay is beyond me though :shrug:
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

I figured out the preset issue. I renamed the preset XML extension to XMLbank.

It works ok in CbB (Cakewalk). No difference to other vsti's in regards to loadtime, cpu-use or gui size.
Win 8.1 / loaded as vst2 64-bit.

In FL Studio 20 64-bit Win10 the VST3 isn't working for me, I can't switch presets or choose the banks.
But I installed the VST2 instead and that does work, so if you're having issues, try the VST2.

The CPU also seems to be lower in the VST2 version (for me in FL at least)...

I was a bit hasty with my writing.
First it crashed when i deleted the instrumenttrack then it crashed when i shifted the presets fast.
Both times taking down the daw.
It is not a healthy plugin.

Saffran wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:47 am It is not a healthy plugin.
It is indeed not stable. Crashed a few times while testing it since it was released.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Testing with the latest Reaper … no crashes so far.

25 tracks each loaded with the default supersaw patch. 8 bar midi loop on each track. Overall cpu varies up to 50% as it plays. Using reaper's performance monitor. RT cpu is barely ticking over!

When idle each track is consuming just over 0.5% … but, interesting observation, if you load up task manager to see what gives, all the tracks drop to 0% consumption (when idle!)

So, far so good for me … time will tell of course.

dB

in win 7(64) + studio one presets can by saved in a different directory as vst3preset

crimsonwarlock wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:51 am
Eauson wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:10 pm Sadly Version 2 doesn't work...

Im on reaper..:)
Loads without any issues here in Reaper (64bit).
FrankH wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:42 am I still have not located any factory presets.
The synth does come with a handful of presets. Shows it does sound rather big, not much else in the presets.

Why a bass preset is drowned in delay is beyond me though :shrug:
Weird, I'm 64bit as well :(
And I've installed a plugin, dont know which one which won't allow me to use 15 yr old nuendo.. Could try hollyhock :?:
Might try install, scan, shutdown, restart, otherwise its version 1, no midi keyboard, although I might try reaper virtual midi.
Fun doing everything with just a mouse, although the pitch bend works on my keyboard, so I might do lots of pitch bend for once :D :phones: :party:

Edit
Tried using tonespace as a pre midi device, has worked "YaY"

This is an acid baseline Beastie :phones: :tu: :party:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Some people say "high cpu usage", but they never mentioned their cpu model :roll:

cactoos_dahoo wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:40 am Some people say "high cpu usage", but they never mentioned their cpu model :roll:
Vintage
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

cactoos_dahoo wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:40 amSome people say "high cpu usage", but they never mentioned their cpu model :roll:
It is more like bug that cause high CPU usage randomly. So normally patch takes just a little CPU but suddenly CPU jump to 100% and I need to restart FLStudio. It only happen to me during making and tweaking preset. I will try more with vst wrapper settings to see if it helps.

Eauson wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:15 pm
Weird, I'm 64bit as well :(
And I've installed a plugin, dont know which one which won't allow me to use 15 yr old nuendo.. Could try hollyhock :?:
Might try install, scan, shutdown, restart, otherwise its version 1, no midi keyboard, although I might try reaper virtual midi.
Fun doing everything with just a mouse, although the pitch bend works on my keyboard, so I might do lots of pitch bend for once :D :phones: :party:

Edit
Tried using tonespace as a pre midi device, has worked "YaY"

This is an acid baseline Beastie :phones: :tu: :party:
I have the same problem, Reaper won't load it, 64bit as well :(

Works well in my Mulab. Really high CPU for what it is though.

At any rate, already trying to make this thing work for me. Making a kick drum is already proving to be fun. I've been trying to get it to work with portamento or self-resonating lowpass. It's hit and miss right now, not really able to shape the sound.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Return to “Instruments”