One Synth Challenge #125: T-Force Alpha Plus 2 (exponent1 Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Remember to use the vst3 preset (.vstpreset) and NOT the VST2 preset type when saving. EVEN if you are using the VST2 version rather than the vst3 version! I found, in Reaper at least, using the VST2 preset type when using the VST2 version does not work, but using the VST3 preset type does!

I am using the VST2 version as I have had numerous problems with VST3 instruments!

db

At present I am making progress with a track. So far the only fx used are the internal ones, and a little bit of EQ (ReaEQ) on some tracks.

So, the question is: should switch out the fx which I can do outside the synth (probably "better"), or stick with a track done completely with the synth except EQ for mixing and a master chain?

dB

I don't think it matters so long as you aren't doing any crazy sound morphing with external FX.
Using an external delay to echo a sound = fine
Using an external delay to create karplus-strong plucks = dangerous territory.
Of course, if you want to show off, why not use the internal fx? May have some good stuff.
mostly here for the One Synth Challenge
you can hear some of my newest music at: https://wrenharmonic.bandcamp.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/@wrenharmonic

My point was that the track sounds quite good with just internal fx. Just a few eq tweaks and a master chain and it might be OK. But, I guess I don't get any extra "marks" for doing it this way …

dB

I'll render off an example of where it's going with just internal fx, NO external at all … posted on the slack channel.

doctorbob wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:53 pm My point was that the track sounds quite good with just internal fx. Just a few eq tweaks and a master chain and it might be OK. But, I guess I don't get any extra "marks" for doing it this way …dB
I'll render off an example of where it's going with just internal fx, NO external at all … posted on the slack channel.
That's sad.

Getting some weird glitchy/clippy sounds sometimes with this VST on Reaper. Might be related to CPU usage problem. It doesn't have such high CPU usage as some other producers said (AMD Ryzen 7 1700 user here), but it still a bit weird. It takes quite some time to load project or its UI windows, especially then there is multiple instances running in the same project. Also I have seen that someone posted about presets resetting to defaults or something else. first thought that i don't have that problem, but I have just checked my HHats I was making the other day and they all have been reset to init patch or something. Still gonna try to produce a track with this, but it feels like a pain at times... :D

Had a strange thing happen with Reaper … all going well, cpu usage low. But, one patch after 3 or 4 seconds starts to eat up the cpu such that the RT blows 100% AND THEN SNAP, CRACKLE POP!

Reloading the project seems to fix it … Full track, 14 T-Force … RT cpu 0.6% and overall cpu 20%-30%

Need to add some layers now and more FX + master. Enjoying the sounds so far.

dB

here's mine.
hope U like it.
:)

https://soundcloud.com/3lu5iv3/3lu5iv3-7859

DAW -> REAPER 5
T-Force Alpha Plus 2 -> 6
ReaEQ -> 2
Tal Reverb 4 -> 1
OTT -> 1
Event Horizon Limiter/Clipper -> 1
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

Great stuff @Peter:H, not a tree left standing in my head!!!!!

dB

Hi, hier my submission for OSC125. maybe a little crazy track, but, I am not a big fun of dance music.
another way, if you want dance, no problem :-). I hope you enjoy...
https://soundcloud.com/user-236567915/psychorchestra

daw studio one
17x T-Force Alpha Plus 2
built-in compressor
built-in limiter

@Basa333 - Good to have some off the main stream stuff in OSC. Always enjoy to listen to tracks that are made with an "explorer" mind set...sometimes I try to do tracks with the same mindset. Anyway - Psychorchestra is fun to listen to...it's like a electronic free jazz combo in playful mood.

@DoctorBob - Thanks. The title like the previous one is like a statement. Observing the fear mongers and hate spreaders that are taking over the world. They cut one tree (empathy) after the other (compassion) after the other (love) out of the peoples heads ... the green healthy forest will soon become a deadly desert if we don't watch out and stopp them. They don't own the narrative. I don't have to name them, you can find such evil "persons" everywhere... Sorry for being political in this place, but I wanted to explain, that this time it's not just a crazy stupid title...

] Peter:H [ wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:46 am @DoctorBob - Thanks. The title like the previous one is like a statement. Observing the fear mongers and hate spreaders that are taking over the world. They cut one tree (empathy) after the other (compassion) after the other (love) out of the peoples heads ... the green healthy forest will soon become a deadly desert if we don't watch out and stopp them. They don't own the narrative. I don't have to name them, you can find such evil "persons" everywhere... Sorry for being political in this place, but I wanted to explain, that this time it's not just a crazy stupid title...
While some political opinions are certainly volatile, the notion of wanting to protect and maintain our planet in an adult fashion should not be topical. It's crazy that people have to moonwalk on eggshells for no brainer issues like this.

"I don't want to burn down the street we live on."
No one has a problem with this.

"I don't want to destroy the planet we live on."
This is somehow offensive to some people.

It's crazy that you feel you need to apologize to people for not wanting to destroy the planet that they also live on.

Aaanyway,

I found that Alpha Plus 2 was quite unusable on my laptop, which fills me with the salty tears of a weedling child. I was planning on making an attempt while going on holiday, and now i can't. You cannot imagine the depths of my suffering.

But the synth works just fine on my main rig. I think the synth is great, and i do like it a lot. But I also think its efficiency or something can be improved, especially as I am able to run Diva and MassiveX on the laptop or multiple instances of Hive.

I will still try to make an entry, so I'm not sulking over this issue or anything. I think it's a cool synth.

karmoon: it was my problem too, but with carefully work (muting tracks I don't actually need) rendering was OK. sound possibilities of this synth are really great.

Return to “Instruments”