I love Synapse Audio Dune 1 VST!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,

Just ranting, but I still love Dune 1 VST too much. For some reason more than Dune 2 and 3. Probably because I'm more used to the GUI of Dune 1.

Anyone else in the same boat?

I used to be in the same boat, but now I'm in a Super Star Destroyer.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

I agree that there's something quite special about Dune 1. Possibly the most versatile and best sounding single page synth around, and really light on CPU.
Would be nice if Synapse set it free, seeing as Dune 2 and up aren't backwards compatible. I wonder if anyone would actually buy Dune 1 at its current price ($99 iirc)

its been virtually free in a very slightly diff state as mag ware for years now...

I bought v1 and still really like it. Was never tempted by the newer versions.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

xalama qo wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:30 am I wonder if anyone would actually buy Dune 1 at its current price ($99 iirc)
It's not for sale anymore. https://www.synapse-audio.com/shop.html

I haven't used Dune 1 since Dune 2 was released and haven't used Dune 2 since Dune 3 was released. Natural progression.... :shrug:

Dune CM can still be purchased for the price of a single Computer Music Magazine and you get 70 more plugins as well........ :tu:

https://www.musicradar.com/computermusic
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:54 am I haven't used Dune 1 since Dune 2 was released and haven't used Dune 2 since Dune 3 was released. Natural progression.... :shrug:
There's zero reason to do so IMO. Dune 2 > Dune 1, and Dune 3 > both. Definitely always a progression.

Who knows, maybe Dune 4 will please me enough to finally keep it. :D Or maybe Richard develops an entirely new synth.

I love Dune II... For some reason, I prefer the sounds I get from it.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

chk071 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:00 am Who knows, maybe Dune 4 will please me enough to finally keep it. :D Or maybe Richard develops an entirely new synth.
To be honest I'd rather he work on something new than work on Dune any further but who knows what the future holds.
Robmobius wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:03 am I love Dune II... For some reason, I prefer the sounds I get from it.
You should be able to get the same sounds with Dune 3. All my Dune 2 patches sound the same in Dune 3. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Dune 1 without FX section is free with cmm.

everyone is slightly different. i own 2 and 3 and use 3 because i bought it, but 2 works best for laptop situations, and i think the extra filter is clunky. i totally get the version 1 lovers. one of the best sounding vsts i've heard. juicy.

What does dune 1 have, which dune 2 doesn't have?

I always felt that dune 1 sounded very thin, dune 2 sounds more like a hardware synth

Teksonik wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:52 am
chk071 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:00 am Who knows, maybe Dune 4 will please me enough to finally keep it. :D Or maybe Richard develops an entirely new synth.
To be honest I'd rather he work on something new than work on Dune any further but who knows what the future holds.
Robmobius wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:03 am I love Dune II... For some reason, I prefer the sounds I get from it.
You should be able to get the same sounds with Dune 3. All my Dune 2 patches sound the same in Dune 3. :shrug:
I'm sure I should! I'm a lot more familliar with D2 but I do own D3 (I just need more time on it). :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

its a workhorse that joins Albino, CRX4, Pentagon, Z3ta+ and Surge in my VA/WT hybrid stable.

DuneBE sporting my slightly modified white ENV1 skin :love:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by layzer on Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Instruments”