BASSYNTH - Organic Low End.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

IIRC, the demo has an extremely limited set of samples. Use it to get a feel for how the instrument works, not how it sounds.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I picked this up yesterday for 60% off. Super excited to dig in. Looking forward to the big brass/orchestra samples

awol9000 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:11 am I picked this up yesterday for 60% off. Super excited to dig in. Looking forward to the big brass/orchestra samples
Where did you find it for that price?
I spotted the PB sale offer ... but it ended on the 5th. :|

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:27 am
awol9000 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:11 am I picked this up yesterday for 60% off. Super excited to dig in. Looking forward to the big brass/orchestra samples
I also just see 60% advertized on the top level page, but no opportunity to catch them.
:shrug:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:27 am
I can't remember 100% but I think it was the Wave Alchemy site

Don't feel too bad, I was really excited by the demo but when I bought it, I realised that all the good stuff was included in the demo and the full product doesn't really offer much worth having. I don't think I have even thought about it for six months or more, it turned out to be a bit of a one trick pony. I reckon Output's Substance is a much better bet.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Yeah I haven't really used it much. It's good for trap 808s and powerful trap horn stabs tho.

Heads up this is £28.95 with code Bassynth35 right now. :tu:

I think it is definitely worth that much.

Does anyone know when the sale ends?

Yeah, it thumps! Some really cool presets if you have the right kind of track going. Definitely sounds that exist to move peoples asses!

MogwaiBoy wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:42 am Heads up this is £28.95 with code Bassynth35 right now. :tu:
No brainer for me at that price. I am surprised it's so low. Really nice bass synth and not gimmicky.

I paid about $50 for it and that's also a solid price. Less than $50 is fantastic.

This thing sounds fantastic and has decent usability which is suprising for a Kontakt instrument Ofcourse there's some delay when switching presets - but atleast it has a real preset selector, not the dumb 'Snapshot' default Kontakt junk. Doesn't feel like a sampler, actually - feels like a standalone plugin (which it was though - Kontakt sucks). Easy to blend really rich bass sounds with complex movement that makes them sound alive.

Well worth it!

Why is it surprising? We use Kontakt stuff all the time and find it mostly incredibly usable. The only exception I'd make is for guitar instruments. I've tried a few and find them all impenetrable. Other than that, I've got some great stuff from Heavyocity and Output's Substance is outstanding in every way. We also use the free version of Ferrum all the time and find it extremely usable and quick to dial in. I love Straylight and I know I'm going to love SCHEMA: Dark if I ever get a chance to spend some time with it.

The snapshots are just a way to get a quick preview, without having to wait for the samples to load. You can easily change presets from the instrument in the standard working mode of the GUI. If those snapshots existed before Kontakt 7, I was completely unaware of them.

Return to “Instruments”