Any new classic synth emus on the horizon? Moog, Arp, Obie?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pondering the few gaping holes in my virtual synth collection. I'm surprised we don't have a "definitive" Arp 2600, Moog Model 10/15, etc emulation by now. The Arturia 2600 doesn't do it for me. We have a truckload of Minimoog emus, and the wonderful PolyM, but we can only get the earliest classic Moogs on iOS. There's the funky standalone Arp 2500 - too crazy to hope for a full Arp 2500 plugin? I wonder if these synths are considered too difficult to emulate properly, or not enough of a market for them (hard to believe). Supposedly the next PA update will fix the broken bx_oberhausen - I'm looking forward to that.

Synapse is working on Prophet-600, OB-X, and maybe at some point also a Memorymoog.

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:38 pm Synapse is working on Prophet-600, OB-X, and maybe at some point also a Memorymoog.
All of those would be awesome... The Legend is in my top 3 - wonderful synth.

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:38 pmMemorymoog.
This! :tu: :tu: :tu:

Isn't Synapse Audio's Legend already a kind of Memorymoog Lite since it is polyphonic? The Memorymoog was basically 6 Minimoogs in one, plus added extras such as an arp.

I'm pretty sure that Gunnare is working on the 64-bit edition of his Memorymoon as he did for ME80 and for Messiah.

There is also probably something on the fire at Xils-Lab.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:38 pm Synapse is working on Prophet-600, OB-X, and maybe at some point also a Memorymoog.
Has Synapse given a time estimate?

BlackWinny wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:26 pm I'm pretty sure that Gunnare is working on the 64-bit edition of his Memorymoon as he did for ME80 and for Messiah.

There is also probably something on the fire at Xils-Lab.
I think Gunnare's role is more or less limited to making factory presets. Chris Kerry does all the programming.

Chris Kerry does all the programming, yes. But Gunnare's role is not limited to making factory presets, no.
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

I've read somewhere (but I can't remember where) that NI hasn't dropped FM8 and plan to release a FM9.

nvmd

The memorymoon thing doesn't get close, so a Synapse memorymoog would be great, as would a U-he one, but I recall reading he said he's made a promise to not do it.

My dreams to be released one day as plugins :
And two synths beloved to my heart:

Wow did not know about all of this. And as of late, and I don't know what it is, but I have had this need for nostalgia in my keyboard sounds. Guess everyone is on the same page. (and I don't mean synthwave...which is actually cool, but not what I mean, ha)

Hope the OB-X is next! Is there much point in the Prophet 600 now that we have Repro-5? I really don’t know... is there much difference?

Return to “Instruments”