ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

Bippo wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:21 pm "Faster, bigger, better" speaking of little kids...is that a commercial for a new pokemon? :lol:
Go back to your SampleTank 4 moaning zone and let us rich kids f**king play with our Nexus toy. :clown:

Meanwhile, in the KVR moderation booth:
"Faster, bigger, better" speaking of little kids...is that a commercial for a new pokemon? :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

steve.lindqvist wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:28 pm
Bippo wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:21 pm "Faster, bigger, better" speaking of little kids...is that a commercial for a new pokemon? :lol:
Go back to your SampleTank 4 moaning zone and let us rich kids f**king play with our Nexus toy. :clown:
Rich kids play with Nexus toys, their parents play with Integra ;)

/endThread

PERFECT :love:

Will be new filters inside this super useful plugin ?

Anyway, I can't wait to buy the upgrade and try it and put it in every new track :hyper: :tu:
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

Will this run on Windows 3.11?

Julien Unison wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:02 pm Will be new filters inside this super useful plugin ?
Good question - I'm wondering the same. I'd guess there would be more options. The 29th can't come fast enough! :help: :hyper:

I'm expecting more Avenger 'dna' over here in nexus 3. Filters.. effects.. maybe oscillators and envelopes..

Is Nexus being developed by the same guys who did Avenger? ( I think... René Keilwerth?...)

chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:54 pm Is Nexus being developed by the same guys who did Avenger? ( I think... René Keilwerth?...)
No Manuel Schleis is the link between the 2 companies. And given that there is code in Avenger from Nexus (like the filters) and it also shared some of the bugs Nexus has (like arp precision and note overlap), I think they're sharing more than one might think.

MrBauer wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:05 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:54 pm Is Nexus being developed by the same guys who did Avenger? ( I think... René Keilwerth?...)
No Manuel Schleis is the link between the 2 companies. And given that there is code in Avenger from Nexus (like the filters) and it also shared some of the bugs Nexus has (like arp precision and note overlap), I think they're sharing more than one might think.
Maybe therefore a few of the Avenger filters will additionally be available in Nexus?

mitchiemasha wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:35 am Nexus 2 has 1 serious floor (IMO), if you want to start layering waves from different instances, kiss your phase relationship good bye. Unless at a bpm of 60, 120, 180, it's impossible. The rounding of the triggering means every now and then a note will be a few ms behind/ahead. It took me years to realise what this was, what I was hearing, why my sound kept randomly changing in ways I didn't want, like. So much stress. It should have been obvious really. It's OK if used as intended, for the preconstructed presets, the unintended swing adds a humanising effect or if you want a varying tone to the same note, like for pitch bass styles, only it's the position in time that's shifting, instead of randomising the start point within a sample/wave, turning retrigger off.

A small few (3 of us according to devs) are the only ones to ever mention it so a non issue. Non of the countless professionals who've released with it have the problem (although it is there). I hope since our last conversation he's changed his mind. Apparently it would take to much CPU power but some of us have amazing PC's, for those that do, it should be a choice. Sample accuracy mode!!!
After my high praise for Nexus, I may also do some constructive criticism. I am probably one of the three, welcome.

I am very annoyed that Nexus can hardly be used as a drum sample player (even though the included SQ or Demo Drums are sometimes just super usable), because as soon as the tempo is not mathematically synchronized to the internal 1 ms timer, it diverges.

This is another topic that nobody seems to notice. Time fluctuations of 1 ms, hello? And mostly it's the guys who claim that the converters from manufacturer A sound so much better than those from manufacturer B. Freeware tape machines plug-in A sounds so much more authentic than copy protected manufacturer B - and that even though these guys have never operated a tape machine in their life... but up to 1 ms jitter nobody hears them..

Unfortunately we don't talk about synchron or fixed shifted times but constantly changing times, jitter - and that's the problem. So yes, I begged them too, to make Nexus sample accurate.

But here is the thing: many other plug-ins behave similar. For example Parawave Rapid, you can't even cut on a musical grid, as bounced notes are all over the place. Same is true for the Roland cloud sample based products (e.g. JV-1080). It used to be normal for hardware devices to have higher latency, but I don't understand why a virtual instrument has to simulate these ancient problems. As I sold my last JV-1080 years ago, could you ever test a recording of your external hardware JV-1080: midi -> audio back to DAW (compensated for the audio driver)? I would be highly interested if the external hardware also has this jittering behavior?

Anyway, I simply wish that Nexus would provide a function for sample accurate rendering for offline export. So you could easily work with the 1 ms timer in real time, but as soon as you bounce your files, everything is on the grid as expected.

steve.lindqvist wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:09 pm Image
:tu: :tu: :tu: Thanks for the update!!

What the hell am I going to do with my Dongle now that I won't need it!?!

commodore wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:26 pm What the hell am I going to do with my Dongle now that I won't need it!?!
Buy a few Steinberg, Vengeance Sound, XILS-Lab, VirSyn, Real Sound Lab or Vienna Symphonic plug-ins.

Return to “Instruments”