Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

cfanyc wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:53 am one more question if anyone knows: the ripchord plugin although designated
"internal" does not seem to be installed and points to the website where
one should get it? what is the deal?
There's a "RipChord player" built into Unify, which can read and play RipChord presets. The presets themselves are simple XML files and are easy enough to edit by hand, or you can just get RipChord.
-shane

I bought this yesterday and I was able to play around with it a little (I quickly realized that I'm going to need to work on my sound design skills LOL). Only plugins I had trouble with was Unfiltered Audio. I moved that folder to my desktop and then everything else scanned in fine. Even some of the ones users have had problems with. I then tried dragging the UA folder to Unify and it crashed. Not sure if it's a specific UA plugin or not. I didn't really deep dive to check one by one but I'll try again tonight.

getdunne wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:12 pm
cfanyc wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:45 am Very excited about the potential of this plugin and happy early adopter.

Is there an option for LFO modulation of parameters? And is there a modulation
matrix? I cannot find either...
Neither of these features are in Unify 1.0, but are on our to-do list!
-shane
Thank you for the reply and for planning to add those.

getdunne wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:15 pm
cfanyc wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:53 am one more question if anyone knows: the ripchord plugin although designated
"internal" does not seem to be installed and points to the website where
one should get it? what is the deal?
There's a "RipChord player" built into Unify, which can read and play RipChord presets. The presets themselves are simple XML files and are easy enough to edit by hand, or you can just get RipChord.
-shane
Thank you for clarifying Shane. I wish there was some entry in the manual
at some point clarifying the specifics of both options. I know you have lots in
your hands though.

Mac Unify users: There was a problem with our code-signing certificate, which will have caused your Unify app and plug-ins to stop working if you're on MacOS Mojave. Please log into your account on PlugInGuru.com, re-download the installer file (Unify_Mac_1.0.2.dmg), re-run the installer, then reboot your Mac. (I'm not certain if the reboot is required, but I'd suggest it.) This should get you back up and running again. Abject apologies for this problem, and thank you all for your patience.
-shane

Which sample libraries are included? I see a list of plugins and that there are 2.5gb of sample libraries included, but not mention about what libraries are included specifically (or have missed it).
Also there is some type of "rompler workstation" included?
I read the developper has done many Korg workstation presets/libraries, so I expected something similar, but not shure if its there.
I find the concept of layering varios elements (synths, samples, etc) to create a new sound very interesting (from the era of the D50 LA syntesis pioneering of this concept) and to have a platform focussed on it very promissing. For this I think is important to have a set of stable source synthesizers inside Unify. The included synthesizers seems to be a great step and can be complemented with sample libraries in the sampler included to create a range of sounds very rich and usable by ALL users.
On the other hand, using external plugins, while it may be attractive a priori, I think it would create very segmented user niches, because there are countless plugins and it is impossible that we all have the same ones.

krraqk wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:23 pm Which sample libraries are included? I see a list of plugins and that there are 2.5gb of sample libraries included, but not mention about what libraries are included specifically (or have missed it).
I read the developper has done many Korg workstation presets/libraries, so I expected something similar, but not shure if its there.
I find the concept of layering varios elements (synths, samples, etc) to create a new sound very interesting (from the era of the D50 LA syntesis pioneering of this concept) and to have a platform focussed on it very promissing. For this I think is important to have a set of stable source synthesizers inside Unify. The included synthesizers seems to be a great step and can be complemented with sample libraries in the sampler included to create a range of sounds very rich and usable by ALL users.
On the other hand, using external plugins, while it may be attractive a priori, I think it would create very segmented user niches, because there are countless plugins and it is impossible that we all have the same ones.
Unify includes "LITE" versions of samples from 13 previously published PlugInGuru libraries, plus basic waveforms, three pianos, and a bonus folder with drum kits, loops, etc. See attached image.

There is a built-in rompler plug-in called Guru Sampler, to play this content.

The 400 included patches use ONLY the bundled and built-in plug-ins. Future patch libraries will make use of these PLUS one or two popular plug-ins (e.g. Serum and Spire).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks for your response and the info.
That LITE name for libraries that are made of a single sample (isn't that the limitation of Omnisphere's external libraries?) scare me a little :? What can be reduced from single sample library? sounds strange (no offense). Is the plugin included an "one sample per keymap only" rompler?
It seems that the concept of "workstation, bread and butter" sounds is not very present at this momment as it seemed to be maybe expected.
In the otherside the idea of making libraries using a very popular plugin and mixing it with the internal synths could be functional, even though there are many plugins ... of the two you mention I don't have any :dog:

getdunne wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:15 pm
krraqk wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:23 pm Which sample libraries are included? I see a list of plugins and that there are 2.5gb of sample libraries included, but not mention about what libraries are included specifically (or have missed it).
Unify includes "LITE" versions of samples from 13 previously published PlugInGuru libraries, plus basic waveforms, three pianos, and a bonus folder with drum kits, loops, etc. See attached image.

There is a built-in rompler plug-in called Guru Sampler, to play this content.

The 400 included patches use ONLY the bundled and built-in plug-ins. Future patch libraries will make use of these PLUS one or two popular plug-ins (e.g. Serum and Spire).
it would be cool if someday , sometimes , maybe in the future , if we could load some instrument patches into the Guru Sampler like sfz and so on . to create own instruments or librarys for Unify without 3rd VST Instruments .

@DrumAddict this will be possible with Unify Pro, which will be out next year.
-shane

Bought, installed and played around with it for a few hours. Most plug-ins i tried seem to work. Workflow is nice, much easier to work with than other chainers. Especially liking the easy modulation assignments. Very promising product and i'm having lots of fun with it, makes layering a breeze. :tu:

But, it still needs some work :
- Latency Delay Compensation is not working correctly. Lots of plug-ins that i tried add latency, resulting in notes playing too late. This happens sometimes with just adjusting functions inside plug-ins, so pretty hard to work with.
- Window resizing acts weird : When closing with browser on, it reopens without browser but the length is adjusted like it still has the browser open. Also, it doesn't remember window placement (pretty standard in plug-ins nowadays), pretty annoying.
- Unify can't open or browse vst3 presets of used plug-ins, including defaults. Since all vst3 presets are in the same place, it should be easy to implement (i'm guessing, maybe i'm wrong). Guess i have to save new defaults inside Unify.
- UAD plug-ins don't show their name, only a general "UAD Powered Plug-ins".

And there are more (small things) i ran into when using Unify so far. But the Latency thing is something that really needs work, makes a lot of plug-ins unuseable this way.

Btw : I'm on Win7 Pro 64-bit, Cubase 10 Pro, RME Fireface UFX. Using the vst3 version of Unify.
More BPM please

getdunne wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:38 pm @DrumAddict this will be possible with Unify Pro, which will be out next year.
-shane
sounds good , thanks for clarification and also excited what you guys comes up with .

Thanks for getting it Catalina compatible so quickly. Great work!

Here was todays livestream; Unify and midi effects...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKcf8w379sM
Last edited by mrsugmad on Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

So there is no way to set-up Unify to have auto LFO fade-in?

Will this option be added in the future?

This is the type of plugin (pad oriented) that would best benefit from this effect, IMO.

Return to “Instruments”