VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

izonin wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:59 pm
gruberman wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:39 pm
izonin wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:36 pm
SampleScience wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:24 pm You probably did the best SE synth of all time! :tu:
Even better than Sylenth1? Let's see. :wink:
Sylenth1 has always been programmed in C++. SynthEdit was used for some UI stuff only.
Genesis Pro is built with SEMs (32-bit modules written in C++). Under the hood they are both coded in C++.
Of course they are. But no SE modules were used in Sylenth1's audio engine.
I5-8600K, 16 GB, Presonus Audiobox USB 96, Fl Studio, Reason 11, Studio One 5 Artist.

Now im feeling real good that im running Fl studio on windows :hihi:

MuzikFreq wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:28 pm
Could talk to Adam Szabo, he has converted his stuff to 64bit. Even Viper was first 32bit
What good would that do?
The synth is built in Synthedit, not Synthmaker. And he doesn’t have the sourcecode for at least several key components, I assume he used at lot of CK & DHmodules..if not more from different devs that quit.
Next problem, he needs a Mac to compile for Mac. A Mac VM could be a free option.

Use this synth as is, it’s an amazing piece of work IMO.

64bit and Mac support: create a new synth in collab with a good coder.

RPH wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:38 pm
MuzikFreq wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:28 pm
Could talk to Adam Szabo, he has converted his stuff to 64bit. Even Viper was first 32bit
What good would that do?
The synth is built in Synthedit, not Synthmaker. And he doesn’t have the sourcecode for at least several key components, I assume he used at lot of CK & DHmodules..if not more from different devs that quit.
Next problem, he needs a Mac to compile for Mac. A Mac VM could be a free option.

Use this synth as is, it’s an amazing piece of work IMO.

64bit and Mac support: create a new synth in collab with a good coder.
Sure I will but it sucks as it will not be a go to as my go to DAW is Ableton

That's really not my area, but.. couldn't he just embed a bridge into the synth code?

Sinisterbr wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:01 pm That's really not my area, but.. couldn't he just embed a bridge into the synth code?
Yes, it's possible if he asks for it, the jBridge dev offers this service.

But isnt jbridge buggy?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:32 am But isnt jbridge buggy?
Well it had stopped working for me, but it turns out that migrating a disk from HDD to SSD somehow caused issues. That's the only change I made, but I reinstalled jbridge and so far it seems back to normal.

I am going to introduce back the plugins I bridged and see if they work again, but if so, then this Genesis Pro should bridge fine, and tbh, even if it doesn't i'm pretty sure JF (Jbridge dev) will sort it out as to why. Always been a good person to deal with.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:03 am
Halonmusic wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:32 am But isnt jbridge buggy?
Well it had stopped working for me, but it turns out that migrating a disk from HDD to SSD somehow caused issues. That's the only change I made, but I reinstalled jbridge and so far it seems back to normal.

I am going to introduce back the plugins I bridged and see if they work again, but if so, then this Genesis Pro should bridge fine, and tbh, even if it doesn't i'm pretty sure JF (Jbridge dev) will sort it out as to why. Always been a good person to deal with.
Cool. :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Nice marketing, but he had no more money to hire DSP people and port it to 64bit?

Jorgeelalto wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:14 am Nice marketing, but he had no more money to hire DSP people and port it to 64bit?
Im sure porting would cost much much more then making nice marketing campaign. Another question if it would be worth it considering:

1. This synth is done by EDM popular producer
2. Focus group is people working with dance music
3. FL studio is most popular music making app for years which is a fact
4. Windows is more popular

So basicly mac users who use other then FL in the dance music industry is the minority.

Now porting means:

1. More costs
2. Higher plugin cost
3. Costs alienating young dance music producers
4. No profit or small profit or actually getting in debt.

Just food for some thought

For what I know, making an integrated Jbridge version costs few hundred euro. Proting into native code is probably way more. Probably not the kind of expences an 1 EUR plugin could justify.

I'll definitely try to get it to work with Jbridge.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:38 am For what I know, making an integrated Jbridge version costs few hundred euro.
You mean a wrapper around the 32bit .dll?

RPH wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:45 am
recursive one wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:38 am For what I know, making an integrated Jbridge version costs few hundred euro.
You mean a wrapper around the 32bit .dll?
Yes
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:38 am For what I know, making an integrated Jbridge version costs few hundred euro. Proting into native code is probably way more. Probably not the kind of expences an 1 EUR plugin could justify.

I'll definitely try to get it to work with Jbridge.
If thats the case maybe indeed Ummet could consider this.

Return to “Instruments”