Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

My main concern is the UI size. I hope it will not be too little for a 4k monitor.
Best
YY

recursive one wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:38 am For what I know, making an integrated Jbridge version costs few hundred euro. Proting into native code is probably way more. Probably not the kind of expences an 1 EUR plugin could justify.

I'll definitely try to get it to work with Jbridge.
An "invisible" jBridge integrated into a plugin cost 500$ (last time I checked). Converting a SE synth to a custom-coded one is around 20k-25k (again, last time I checked). Genesis Pro looks fairly complex so I would tend to think it's closer to 25k.

For real? Only 32 bit? Come on. Isn't it a joke?
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

PietW. wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:19 pm For real? Only 32 bit? Come on. Isn't it a joke?
Ummet himself is chatting with us in this very thread. Please, be more polite. He deserves respect for his work.

SampleScience wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:40 pm Converting a SE synth to a custom-coded one is around 20k-25k (again, last time I checked). Genesis Pro looks fairly complex so I would tend to think it's closer to 25k.
A native coded Genesis Pro would be worth at least $100 no ? That's "only" 250 copies to recover the cost.

If he's got 2.2 million followers I think 500+ copies isn't all that unreasonable thereby putting him into profit. Add in a Mac version and 64 bit versions and it seems even less unreasonable to reach 500+.

But I'm just speculating, no telling what the actual numbers would be. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sinisterbr wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:25 pm
PietW. wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:19 pm For real? Only 32 bit? Come on. Isn't it a joke?
Ummet himself is chatting with us in this very thread. Please, be more polite. He deserves respect for his work.
Well then he should very well understand that 32 bit is useless for most Mac users as ALL the latest mac machines, as well as the latest OS update, won't run 32 bit software of any kind.
Last edited by grdh20 on Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

at a bigger price it would have to compete with other synths in a similar price range, and i dont think it does, so he may struggle to get that money back

ñope. not a joke, just not for you it would seem..
theres other synths, theres no obligation on ummets part to release a mac or 64bit version. it is what it is.

grdh20 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:39 pm
Sinisterbr wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:25 pm
Well then he should very well understand that 32 bit is useless for most Mac users as ALL the latest mac machines, as well as the latest OS update, won't run 32 bit software of any kind.
And? There's still no need to be rude. It's his decisions and we've got to respect them. They're not harming you, nor anybody else here.

Sometimes I really wonder how toxic this place can be.

well then that is very disappointing. all that work and already obsolete for a large number of potential buyers. hope it can be converted to 64 bits soon then. I think it would be worth the effort for him.

(and by the way, I don't think anyone was rude at all)
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

I'm going to buy it, all these controversies are a waste of time. It is in 32 bits and for Windows it is what it is. It also bothered me that overnight the Alchemy developer left me lying because he was going to make his product only for Apple. Life goes on.

I am definitely buying it, I use FL Studio so there is no issue there using 32 bit, FL just converts it.

vertibration wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:10 pm I am definitely buying it, I use FL Studio so there is no issue there using 32 bit, FL just converts it.
No, FL Studio uses a wrapper. That's not "converting", it's running the plugins in another task.

Teksonik wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:30 pm A native coded Genesis Pro would be worth at least $100 no ? That's "only" 250 copies to recover the cost.

If he's got 2.2 million followers I think 500+ copies isn't all that unreasonable thereby putting him into profit. Add in a Mac version and 64 bit versions and it seems even less unreasonable to reach 500+.
Yeah, I totally agree with you. I think it would be possible as he seems to have a fairly large fan base that would be enough to cover the cost.

chk071 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:20 pm
vertibration wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:10 pm I am definitely buying it, I use FL Studio so there is no issue there using 32 bit, FL just converts it.
No, FL Studio uses a wrapper. That's not "converting", it's running the plugins in another task.
Yea thats what I meant.

Return to “Instruments”