One Synth Challenge #131: Syncla-X (Voting Over, results pending)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Submissions:
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... 131-syncla

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge #131! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

If you'd like to support the developer, and have your name on their list of patrons: Donate here.

Want a chat room with other OSCers? Join our slack here

An emulation of the Synclavier II FM Unit with extras. :party: :party: :party: :hyper: :hyper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC3Mreo_ARA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdnRZJXzm9M

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
We are offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): FXB Project, or JRR Shop (Uncle E)

NEW Additional Bonus Prize!
For the first Single Instance entry to make the top 5 a small cash bonus of $30. (note: this prize may be carried forward to selected OSC challenges until it is won)

discoDSP : 1 copy of Discovery (Up to 2 winners may choose this)

KV331 Audio : Bundle of Synthmaster One + Synthmaster 2.x!

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik Station V9, Wusik 8008, Wusik SQ200 and Wusik P2000

Dmitry Sches : Tantra Multi-Effect + 3 Expansions

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

SoundGym : 6 Month Subscription. (SoundGym is a
"technological, personalized and gamified audio learning environment")

Sonimus : Any one Plugin (1 license given away per month, max 3 in persons lifetime)

JRR Sounds: Any 1 soundset (This is a secondary prize, you may pick it as well as your main prize)

Synthmorph: Any 1 soundset

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2 Synthesizer

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

Touch The Universe Productions: LuSH-101 Cloud Layers soundset

The FXB Project by alvfaria : 1 commercial sound bank as an extra prize on top of the regular first prize. See the main site here

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune. Unfortunately his main site is down, but if you still want these, let us know!

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice (except for the Future Chill and Space Trips expansions)

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
Last edited by bjporter on Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Good freaking luck. the initialised preset is complely janky.
It's very tasty, I swear!

Logic doesn't seem to recognize the AU version.

VST2 x64 showed up huge in Reaper, wouldn't resize, and froze after three or so notes. Might check out the VST3.

CORRECTION: AU version does work in Logic, but seems kind of unstable -- most notes start with a click regardless of attack settings and there are mysterious volume variations -- even when it's just one carrier and modulator with very simple scaled down settings, no LFO, etc....

Is there a manual???

For everyone else who isn't a fan of the GUI:
there are some nifty options in the plugin folder. Most notably, you can change the knobs to behave like most synths by changing the mouse_response for the knob control to "vertical" (Thanks to Guenon for pointing this out in OSC 120)
You can also edit the images for the knobs, buttons, and sliders. make sure they match the original filename and size though! If you want to create a custom knob, you might want to check out the Knobman software (now available as WebKnobMan).
mostly here for the One Synth Challenge
you can hear some of my newest music at: https://wrenharmonic.bandcamp.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/@wrenharmonic

Leonard Bowman wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:43 pm For everyone else who isn't a fan of the GUI:
there are some nifty options in the plugin folder. Most notably, you can change the knobs to behave like most synths by changing the mouse_response for the knob control to "vertical" (Thanks to Guenon for pointing this out in OSC 120)
You can also edit the images for the knobs, buttons, and sliders. make sure they match the original filename and size though! If you want to create a custom knob, you might want to check out the Knobman software (now available as WebKnobMan).
If it's a plugin made with Synthedit you can probably change the size of knobs and sliders too. You just have to edit the matching text file.

h.s.j.e. wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:51 pm VST2 x64 showed up huge in Reaper, wouldn't resize, and froze after three or so notes. Might check out the VST3.
I can confirm this. UI is huge in Reaper and VST2 crashed DAW after one minute of use.
EDIT: VST3 crashed Reaper too.

MrKarolus wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:16 pm
h.s.j.e. wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:51 pm VST2 x64 showed up huge in Reaper, wouldn't resize, and froze after three or so notes. Might check out the VST3.
I can confirm this. UI is huge in Reaper and VST2 crashed DAW after one minute of use.
+1

The UI doesn't work with Reaper 64-bit. It works well on Waveform 10 though with no crashes so far (surprisingly :o )

MrKarolus wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:16 pm
same experience here - but you CAN (if you want to suffer anyway) click the "UI" button in the top right to just edit parameters without the GUI. it's not fun but it's not horrible either.

this is gonna be an interesting one to say the least. definitely a Guy Fieri "make a chinese meal with only Doritos and Kraft Mac and Cheese" kind of challenge.

Leonard Bowman wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:43 pm For everyone else who isn't a fan of the GUI:
Cool! I made a quick and dirty contrast edit of the knobs and sliders. I struggled with reading the positions, at least on my display, so I thought i'd share. Knobs aren't the prettiest, but they get the job done ;) Oh and I also included the edited txt files so the knobs behave vertically. Just copy (backup and overwrite) the files you need to the synth directory.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Works here, I've been looping a riff for 20 min now ;) Do you have VC runtimes c++ 2015 installed?
VST2 x64, Win 7, Reaper 5 (didn't install Reaper 6 yet)

GUI is huge, but no biggie for me since I use a second screen.

Knobs are wonky on my machine, jumping sometimes 25% of the total range in a small movement (yes I know they are radial.) Gonna sit this one out, thing is a PITA to use w/ its UI issues.

Thank you very much for the zip , Daaf !!! That's really a big improvement. I was starting
get crosseyed from those knobs and sliders.

I did experience freezing of the GUI at first, but closing and reopening seemed to help
( REAPER 6, win7, have a newer version of the runtime, apparently ). Just opened it again
for the new knobs and everything seems to be fine.

Beware of partials 5 and 7. They seem to be quite a bit off. Tuned to MIDI notes
instead of harmonics ?
edit: Apparently I spoke too soon regarding the partials. I was corrected later on by Exponent1.
So, of course, apologies to the maker of Syncla.
Last edited by ELEX on Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”