One Synth Challenge #120: SE PolyMod KX by KX77FREE (Voting Time!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

functionform wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:03 pm I've also noticed the ubiquitous keyboard tracking sometimes causes strange behaviors wrt envelopes. I set them to 0 as best I can before attempting to do standard operations like setting envelopes.
I've been doing the same. It's also strange that with filter eg's set to 0, it still has an affect until you turn the decay or sustain all the way up. Definitely quirky and out of the norm.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Just poking around a tad... In this synth's folder, there are some txt files.

Find the ones called...

kx debug__hslider_med.txt
kx debug__knob_med.txt
and
kx debug__knob_sm.txt

...and in these, change the line mouse_response rotary to mouse_response vertical and stop gradually balding from the atrocious knob movement :D

Guenon wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:32 am Just poking around a tad... In this synth's folder, there are some txt files.

Find the ones called...

kx debug__knob_med.txt
and
kx debug__knob_sm.txt

...and in these, change the line mouse_response rotary to mouse_response vertical and stop gradually balding from the atrocious knob movement :D
HOLY MACKEREL!!!!! PERFECT!! You win the internet today!!!!!!

Sending love to Guenon! ♥ :hug:
...and Happy Lunar New Year! :shrug: :party:

I went ahead and changed it from rotary to sweet spot...now all patches will be solid gold :D

:lol:

Guenon wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:32 am Just poking around a tad... In this synth's folder, there are some txt files.

Find the ones called...

kx debug__knob_med.txt
and
kx debug__knob_sm.txt

Super nice find!!!!

50 points for guenondor :party:

Ranoka wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:26 pm I have been setting the value of the knobs in FL using the 'set value of last tweaked knob' feature. I don't understand why you can't reset the knobs by double clicking, or alt clicking or whatever... Getting stuff back to 0 is almost impossible. I have been tweaking and then undoing in my DAW instead :D
If you click on the number beneath the button, you can just type in 0. Then click anywhere else and the button is reset. It's a bit complicated but should work.
Failure is success in progress.

Taron wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:26 am Sending love to Guenon! ♥ :hug:
...and Happy Lunar New Year! :shrug: :party:
You too! :hug:

And thanks, gang, I just happened to have some luck mining through those txt files :lol:

Nvm
Last edited by Eauson on Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

What can I say? Such a lovely synth.

My entry this month. Dedicated to Japanese anime in the 1980s and poor Ariana's tattoos, both of which I generally know very little about.

https://soundcloud.com/terjefjelde/anime-85

19 Polymods from init,
DAW: Studio One Pro
Master: Mixtool -> BootEQmkII -> ProEQ -> Limiter6
Other efx: ProEQ (10), Mixtool (2), Bittersweet (1), TalReverb4 (1)
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

You are too fast! I was also planning on going with a Japanese style track part City Pop/Anime. We'll see if I get there, but yours is fantastic!

Hey, after 5 Days of trying to get out a Kickdrum from that Synth, i've found, that the 64bit version has a bug with the waveform selecting Knob for OSC1 and OSC2.

I thought that im to dumb to undestand a VA synth ;-)

Tested on PC and Laptop with Win 10.

https://youtu.be/3zrkj6y4Sow

32Bit Version now works fine.

functionform wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:37 pm You are too fast! I was also planning on going with a Japanese style track part City Pop/Anime. We'll see if I get there, but yours is fantastic!
Ah, thanks! One of those rare occasions where everything fell into place really quickly. :)

You should go for it, too - I'm all for more City Pop on OSC! And this synth can produce exactly the kind of lush, warm pads that suit the genre well.
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

Return to “Instruments”