My ability to claim 2 products per year from Roland Cloud was revoked (and given back)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Reefius wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:39 pm
bioroid wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:40 am I claimed my two instruments when I signed up for the 2-4 life promotion end of last year. End of 2019 I went back and I saw I had earned 2 more and now have 4 unlocked. I still resubbed for another year to keep access to everything else.

There was no need to wait until the end of the year, because you can always change them.
Tyson82 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:13 am I signed up for the 2-4 life promotion end of last year. End of 2019 I went back and I saw I had earned 2 more and now have 4 unlocked. I still resubbed for another year to keep access to everything else.

There was no need to wait until the end of the year, because you can always change them.
I wonder what the point is of creating a forum account just to copy/paste someone else's post :roll:
Haha, Roland Cloud in disguise?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:59 pm
cleverr1 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:49 pm The Roland Cloud loyalty program doesn't look in any way like it's being managed from my account's view. I've made 3 consecutive quarterly payments since June 2019, and in my account it says:
Loyalty Program
Your rewards status is: Pending
You have 11 months until your next reward.

As an early Roland Cloud adopter, you are a member of our loyalty program. Stay tuned for information on any earned benefits. Thanks for your continued support.
:roll:
Did you start in 2019?
I started a paid subscription in 2019, but I previously did the free trial in 2017.

cleverr1 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:49 pm The Roland Cloud loyalty program doesn't look in any way like it's being managed from my account's view. I've made 3 consecutive quarterly payments since June 2019, and in my account it says:
Loyalty Program

As an early Roland Cloud adopter, you are a member of our loyalty program. Stay tuned for information on any earned benefits. Thanks for your continued support.
Where do you see this?
In my account it only says "Your rewards status is: Claimed", and nothing else.
I got 4 after asking Last summer but lost the 2 and have only 2 left in my account and i have 1 Month left for my next 2 but have now decided to stop subscribing.
Tried to contact support a few times this month from the Roland Cloud support page and not even a support ticket received on any of those.

Tried the other mail too and no response their either the last Month.

D-Fusion wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:07 pm
Loyalty Program

Where do you see this?
In my account it only says "Your rewards status is: Claimed", and nothing else.
I got 4 after asking Last summer but lost the 2 and have only 2 left in my account and i have 1 Month left for my next 2 but have now decided to stop subscribing.
Tried to contact support a few times this month from the Roland Cloud support page and not even a support ticket received on any of those.

Tried the other mail too and no response their either the last Month.
It's at the bottom of the web page I get when clicking on "Manage your Roland Account" from the Roland Cloud Manager.

I've raised a support ticket to ask Roland why it says my reward is 11 months away.

cleverr1 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:02 pm
Loyalty Program

Did you start in 2019?
I started a paid subscription in 2019, but I previously did the free trial in 2017.
So you started paying in 2019 and are considered early adopter, and Roland Cloud is telling me they cancelled it Dec.31 2018. It's like they have no idea of their own history and it seems people are getting totally different treatment.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:41 pm
cleverr1 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:02 pm
Loyalty Program

Did you start in 2019?
So you started paying in 2019 and are considered early adopter, and Roland Cloud is telling me they cancelled it Dec.31 2018. It's like they have no idea of their own history and it seems people are getting totally different treatment.
In that case I suspect it's linked to the date of initial registration of the accounts, but that doesn't explain why they think my entitlement can be realised after a further 11 months from now.

I'll post back if my support ticket explains any of this.

i was able to claim my instruments, but they canceled my account at the one-year mark even though i was sure i had auto-renew turned on. so now i lost the play2-4life deal unless they help me out. I contacted support 2 days ago but have not heard back.

I got an answer about why after paying for 9 months I still need to do a further 11 to get my reward:

The Loyalty Reward points are only awarded for non-promotional subscriptions, i.e. the regular full price monthly or annual subscriptions. It looks like you're on one of the 90 day plans, which are less expensive, but don't provide loyalty points.

So I pay $59.95 every 3 months instead of $19.95 per month.

This means I pay an extra 10 cents per month and for that small increase in cost I lose my reward privileges. :dog:

EDIT: I got some clarity around this - My initial 3 months was at a promotional rate so no reward, but the subsequent quarterly payments were at the standard rate. So Roland have now corrected this and confirmed that I'm now revised from a reward at 11 months to a reward at 5 months instead.

To keep this relevant to the OP it would appear that my early trial subscription was the reason I am apparently eligible for the loyalty reward despite starting to pay for a subscription in 2019.
Last edited by cleverr1 on Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

After reading all the above: wow. I'd often been a bit tempted by the Roland subscription, but never actually pulled the trigger. Now I'm glad I avoided this mess altogether, and any residual interest is well and truly dead. Thank you to everyone for sharing your experiences!

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:41 pm Roland Cloud is telling me they cancelled it Dec.31 2018. It's like they have no idea of their own history and it seems people are getting totally different treatment.
Timezones are a plausible reason. EG It might've ended midnight Eastern US, or midnight GMT etc. Though it seems terribly unfair since the previous 2018 Christmas offer ran until 31st Dec and (AFAIK) didn't state a time zone. I reckon most people would assume it ran until at least 23:59 31st Dec 2018 California time.

In terms of yearly plans not counting for rewards, only monthly.. That's crazy. People are showing trust by investing more money up front in return for savings. Don't punish them for that Roland!!

I'm also a bit concerned that they're having members create their own Roland Backstage account, instead of just migrating people automatically. Don't want to read too much into it, but it means they won't (or couldn't) allocate the resources to do that for some reason. Or maybe it's just their way to make sure they only take those actively interested with them, and get rid of all the freeloader accounts?

Concerning times. Though, IMO, they should ultimately give the people what they want.. the ability to both rent AND buy outright. :tu:

I’m on a yearly taken out just before the end of 2018. I seem to be one of the lucky ones in that I hadn’t trialled the Cloud beforehand so got a free month - the sub’s renewal date is late January - and seem to be able to pick two instruments. I suspect the way to get the two instruments on a yearly is to renew for another year if you don’t have that free month to begin with.

However, looking at the various responses people are getting, Virtual Sonics seem just to be making it up as they go along in order to wriggle out of the offer if they see the opportunity.

The permanent licences seem to be of questionable value in any case - there seems to be no commitment to supporting users with them the moment you stop paying Roland Cloud money. So, I’m taking the view there’s almost no value in the permanents. I’m Inclined to get the D50 and JV and just sample the arse off the waveforms for dumping into Falcon or Kontakt.
Last edited by Gamma-UT on Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PAK wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:51 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:41 pm Roland Cloud is telling me they cancelled it Dec.31 2018. It's like they have no idea of their own history and it seems people are getting totally different treatment.
Timezones are a plausible reason. EG It might've ended midnight Eastern US, or midnight GMT etc. Though it seems terribly unfair since the previous 2018 Christmas offer ran until 31st Dec and (AFAIK) didn't state a time zone. I reckon most people would assume it ran until at least 23:59 31st Dec 2018 California time.
Time zones don't matter at all. The website said you get 2 instruments for life when I signed up. And my acount had the ability to claim my two instruments all year until recently when that function was removed before I claimed them. And reporting this to support resulted in them giving me 2 instruments but telling I wouldn't be able to claim them in future years (if I had stayed with it which I absolutely would not).

I don't even see the instruments anywhere in my account. And after uninstalling the Cloud Manager after not having my instruments, and then reinstalling it after they said they'd give me the two instruments, the Cloud Manager isn't working for me now anyways. I give up, I don't care anymore.

Gamma-UT wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:14 pm I’m on a yearly taken out just before the end of 2019. I seem to be one of the lucky ones in that I hadn’t trialled the Cloud beforehand so got a free month - the sub’s renewal date is late January - and seem to be able to pick two instruments. I suspect the way to get the two instruments on a yearly is to renew for another year if you don’t have that free month to begin with.

However, looking at the various responses people are getting, Virtual Sonics seem just to be making it up as they go along in order to wriggle out of the offer if they see the opportunity.

The permanent licences seem to be of questionable value in any case - there seems to be no commitment to supporting users with them the moment you stop paying Roland Cloud money. So, I’m taking the view there’s almost no value in the permanents. I’m Inclined to get the D50 and JV and just sample the arse off the waveforms for dumping into Falcon or Kontakt.
Yes it is weird.
It seems like they treat people different and i have been polite every step of the way when contacting them.
I have been subscribing since 2017 right after they started the Cloud.
I have been a active member for 35 months now but their total silence lately and lack of interest in solving my issue makes me think it is time to quit while the price i have payed is lower than buying the originals as hw.

This is pure speculation but with the planned migration to Roland's own servers, I wonder if the deal they have with Virtual Sonics is on the way out - so the staff there are just treading water until that takes place and Roland fully takes over and decides what it's going to do. Knowing Roland, that could be anything from pulling the plug on the whole shebang through letting it wither in much the same way as the Plug-Outs (and various other software wheezes they've tried over the years) to maybe finally pulling their finger out and doing it properly. I don't hold out much hope for that last one.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:56 pm Time zones don't matter at all. The website said you get 2 instruments for life when I signed up.
I agree with you - I'm trying to come up with a plausible reason why they'd tell you this, which is not to justify it. If you have your confirmation e-mails, which prove you started whilst it still said 2018, then it should definitely qualify you. It's really about how much you want to chase it up and how difficult they want to be about it all.

As others have noted, I'm surprised you even got a response out of them. Not sure if normal operations might be getting impacted by the whole account transfer to Roland Backstage.. But, again, not a justification.
my acount had the ability to claim my two instruments all year until recently when that function was removed before I claimed them.
Did you create a Roland Backstage account? I'm wondering if it's been switched off as part of the process of them transferring accounts or something? On that account page there should've been a specific "2-4-Life" section. What you're describing sounds like the "membership rewards" bit, where they also offer 2 instruments for every 1 year of subscription, and tell you to "stay tuned for further rewards" .
And reporting this to support resulted in them giving me 2 instruments but telling I wouldn't be able to claim them in future years
I don't even see the instruments anywhere in my account
Which means they likely didn't allocate them when they said they would. Again, it depends how much you want to push this with them but, IMO, you definitely qualified if you purchased during their 2018 sale.
the Cloud Manager isn't working for me now anyways. I give up, I don't care anymore
At this point I can't say I blame you. Really disappointing. It really sounds like something's wrong somewhere.. and hopefully gets sorted sooner than later for everyone :(

Return to “Instruments”