What synth do you actually USE the most in your own music????

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

PS: though under the hood nowadays there isn't much difference technically, I see synths and samplers separately. Synths work with rather short samples, high processing and produce rather synthetic output, samplers use rather long samples, little processing and produce rather natural output. Of course there is a smooth transition between one and the other, with granular synths or newer synths which use more intense sampling (Avenger etc.) in the middle.

Alchemy and Reaktor

Still Zebra. A real workzebra, so to speak.

Kick2, Parawave Rapid, Avenger, Icarus, Bitwig (actually Bitwig with the Grid is a synth for me as it is a DAW), MSoundFactory.
But I do mostly One Synth Challenge Tracks - And if you check out the Results of these competition you loose your believe in "The next new synth I buy will make my tracks #1". Even with the most basic synths some of the participants create awesome sounding tracks.

BR
Peter:H

---
Check out my current track: https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/line ... achine-mix

Probably Hive
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Hard to say, because I use some synths quite often. But probably you will find Predator and Dune in every of my projects :hihi:

Depends... For Dark Drum & Bass TAL sampler all the way.

For Industrial:
Dune 3
Icarus
Rapid
Serum
RePro

Lately, I'm using a lot of hardware: Novation Peak and lots of Guitar Distortion pedals.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Dune 3 in every track, usually multiple instances. Followed closely by Hive 2 with Parawave Rapid coming on strong. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

nirm123 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:50 am
wagtunes wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:11 am I don't use synths that much. Most of my music is piano, bass, drums, guitars and orchestral instruments
That's entirely not true, you used ONLY synths in ALL tracks you've shared, I didn't even heard a non Sampled/synthesized instrument once.
you're using synths/samplers designed to emulate real instruments (which is why synths and samplers were originally created). you even used synths to sing many of your songs. not judging what's is better but there is a huge difference between using real instruments and synthesized ones (in human feel, timbre, playing with other ppl so each player is bringing his/hers own personality, unlimited sound layers,
much more flexible articulations, the way one plays guitar vs keyboard just to name a few) all of this will yield a completely different musical result but to read this coming from you was very funny, you're maybe the most definite example in this forum for synths/samplers takeover.
So you're calling me a liar? Screw you!

Here's two of my latest tracks.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -a-message

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... youve-done

Instruments Used

Pianoteq 6
MODO Drums
MODO Bass
MusicLabs Guitars
EWQL Symphonic Orchestra

And I did not say I NEVER used synths and even listed the few that I do use.

So before you shoot off your mouth and act like a total asshole, how about getting your facts straight?

It's Zebra and Serum for me.
(edit: ...and I have almost all the other ones.)
Last edited by FarleyCZ on Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evovled into noctucat...
http://www.noctucat.com/

nirm123 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:50 am you're using synths/samplers designed to emulate real instruments (which is why synths and samplers were originally created).
wagtunes wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:44 pm Instruments Used

Pianoteq 6
MODO Drums
MODO Bass
MusicLabs Guitars
EWQL Symphonic Orchestra
And those instruments are not synths and samplers? :dog:

No particular order:

DS Thorn
Uhe Diva
Fathom
NI Massive

Recently bought Icarus2, but I still didnt have time to dig deeper into it.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:44 pm
nirm123 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:50 am
wagtunes wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:11 am I don't use synths that much. Most of my music is piano, bass, drums, guitars and orchestral instruments
That's entirely not true, you used ONLY synths in ALL tracks you've shared, I didn't even heard a non Sampled/synthesized instrument once.
you're using synths/samplers designed to emulate real instruments (which is why synths and samplers were originally created). you even used synths to sing many of your songs. not judging what's is better but there is a huge difference between using real instruments and synthesized ones (in human feel, timbre, playing with other ppl so each player is bringing his/hers own personality, unlimited sound layers,
much more flexible articulations, the way one plays guitar vs keyboard just to name a few) all of this will yield a completely different musical result but to read this coming from you was very funny, you're maybe the most definite example in this forum for synths/samplers takeover.
So you're calling me a liar? Screw you!

Here's two of my latest tracks.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -a-message

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... youve-done

Instruments Used

Pianoteq 6
MODO Drums
MODO Bass
MusicLabs Guitars
EWQL Symphonic Orchestra

And I did not say I NEVER used synths and even listed the few that I do use.

So before you shoot off your mouth and act like a total asshole, how about getting your facts straight?
Why are the personal insults ? I'm really shocked.

My post wasn't personal, but claimed that instruments that you're using are not real which is a fact.

I can promise you one thing, I won't answer with personal insults, as I think you know what people think about you - but I would that whatever is possible to get you banned from this forum. not for my sake, but for the hundreds of ppl that you're keep on insulting.

You should really be ashamed of yourself.
Last edited by nirm123 on Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reefius wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:56 pm
nirm123 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:50 am you're using synths/samplers designed to emulate real instruments (which is why synths and samplers were originally created).

Pianoteq 6
MODO Drums
MODO Bass
MusicLabs Guitars
EWQL Symphonic Orchestra
:party:

Reefius wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:56 pm

Pianoteq 6
MODO Drums
MODO Bass
MusicLabs Guitars
EWQL Symphonic Orchestra
Let's see. Thread title. What SYNTHS do you use.

Hmmm

Pianoteq 6 - NOT a synth
MODO Drums - NOT a synth
MODO Bass - NOT a synth
MusicLabs Guitar - NOT a synth
EWQL Symphonic Orchestra - NOT a synth

I don't know what YOUR definition of a synth is, but these are not MY definitions of synths.

My definition of synths?

Dune 3
Spire
Synthmaster 2
Legend
Biotek 2
ANA 2
Oxium
PolyM

In other words, things that make SYNTH sounds. Dub!

You want to call Pianoteq a synth? Knock yourself out. I don't give a crap enough to argue about this anymore.

My music, for the most part, is NOT synth based. I will not change my opinion on that and nobody here can make me change my opinion on that with all their ranting.

Oh, and to the other member here, good luck getting me banned from this forum when all I'm doing is calling out people for acting rude and nasty.

God I hate this place. 2020 ain't no different.

Return to “Instruments”