Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you.
Quite Enjoying these. Reminds me why the OB was my all time favourite Analog synth.
rsp
sound sculptist

I was sure it was going to be by today..
Alas :(
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:44 pm I was sure it was going to be by today..
rsp
I have a feeling we have a bit of a wait.

AFAIK it has not been mentioned here yet but it was discussed at the Synapse Audio forum:
OBsession will include a Triangle waveform for both oscillators. This is activated when both the SAW an PULSE buttons in an oscillator are switched off. This waveform was not included in the real OB-Xa but later in the OB-8.

I am very happy that a Triangle waveform is included and IMHO this is a very important feature with any analog synth. A lot of sounds are not really possible without it.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Same thing is possible on the Arturia one.

And the wavetable and granular stuff is on the auxiliary GUI panel?

e-crooner wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:22 pm And the wavetable and granular stuff is on the auxiliary GUI panel?
lol
dwl

And sampling and modular synth options.
rsp
sound sculptist

Sure. And free pizza for everyone, orderable from the panel. :P

chk071 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:21 pm Same thing is possible on the Arturia one.
That is true but it would not be included if it would be a pure 1:1 emulation of the OB-Xa...
FWIW this was already included before the Arturia plugin was released.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Sure it was.. :wink: :wink:
I kid I kid :)

rsp
sound sculptist

rsp

yeah, prob could have been if there hadn't been such an uproar about the gui, and some other pointless stuff being done

i predicted May, now I have no idea....

its got a triangle waveform tho :hyper:

Ingonator wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:32 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:21 pm Same thing is possible on the Arturia one.
That is true but it would not be included if it would be a pure 1:1 emulation of the OB-Xa...
I would have differentiated between the oscillators: no waveform selected = triangle on osc 1 and sine on osc 2.

Ingonator wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:32 pm
And it probably was included in the Arturia way before they released it. ;)

Anyway, I didn't want to imply anything by my post. I just wanted to say that... the Arturia has it too. ;) Which I find interesting. No judging.

AnX wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:39 pm
rsp

yeah, prob could have been if there hadn't been such an uproar about the gui, and some other pointless stuff being done
Screw social media and forums. :D

Return to “Instruments”