Released: Free Synthesizer Odin 2 [Win / Mac / Linux]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Odin 2

How wonderful! Waiting then!

KIMCHRISTOPHER wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:16 pm How wonderful! Waiting then!
You could try twiddling a few knobs while you are waiting if you are bored. :wink:

I submitted a bunch of presets. I'm looking forward to hearing what other people came up with
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Me too.

Version 2.0.21 is live!

This is a big update which changes a lot of things under the hood:

Voicing
- The voice count was increased from 12 to 24 voices! This should help especially with the new unison feature!
- Voices which are in release-section are now stolen before other voices
- Now applying random phase in all oscs on voice start if unison is active or the osc is a MultiOsc (this is overridden by "Osc-Reset")

Loading Patches
- Clicking the patch-display now reveals a dropdown with all the patches in the same folder
- The patch display now has up and down buttons to easily scroll through patches

Gain Modulation
- completely reworked all gain modulation (osc-vol, filter-gain, amp-gain and master-gain):
modulating +100% will always go up to 0dB (or +12dB from current value, if it is bigger than -12dB)
- modulating -100% will always go to -Inf dB from current value
- this will make it much easier to control individual oscillators by envelopes

Param Ranges
- filter-gain and osc-volume: [-Inf dB, 12dB]
- filter-cutoff on main filters: (20Hz, 20kHz)

Other
- fixed issue where FM-ratios and Pitchbend amount were not loaded with patches
Older patches / projects will be loaded properly!

Full changelog:
- increased number of voices from 12 to 24
- patch-display now has up and down button to browse through patches in same folder
- clicking the patch-display now reveals a list of patches in the same folder
- reworked how volume and modulation works for osc-vol, filter-gain, amp-gain and master-gain
- updated voicing priority: voices in release are prioritized when stealing notes
- now applying random phase at note start when using unison or multiosc (overwritten by osc-reset)
- changed range for volume of oscs and filters to [-Inf dB, 12dB]
- changed range for main filters to [20Hz,20kHz]
- fixed FM carrier ratio not being loaded
- fixed FM modulator ratio not being loaded
- fixed pitchbend amount not being loaded
- FM carrier ratio, FM modulator ratio and pitchbend amount are no longer modulatable by the host
- fixed issue where FM-osc moddepth was dependent on pitch-controls
- fixed ".odin" file still being saved when canceling patch-saving
- fixed Decay and Release parameters not automatically updating after change in samplerate
- removed 12-voice option from unison
- removed "Poly Aftertouch" from modulation sources
- fixed LFO-sync button always being off on GUI-load
- fixed reversed sawtooth icon in small GUI LFO
- adjusted sync-time-selector font justification
- removed saturation modulation target for OH-12 filter

Jbravo wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:31 pm I'm looking forward to hearing what other people came up with
Erisian wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:40 pmMe too.
I uploaded the current patches here.

Do not reupload them elsewhere or spread them over the internet!!

These are literally all the patches I received so far, I didn't remove any, didn't rename them, categorize them, adjust volume or anything, which I will do before release.

I am super stoked about the particiption and engagement of everybody :tu: Thanks so much, patches are great so far! :)

Make sure you use the most recent version 2.0.21.beta from the post above, or you'll get crazy browsing these :wink:
Last edited by TheWaveWarden on Sun May 03, 2020 6:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.

TheWaveWarden wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:50 pm
Jbravo wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:31 pm I'm looking forward to hearing what other people came up with
Erisian wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:40 pmMe too.
I uploaded the current patches here.

Do not upload them elsewhere or spread them over the internet!!

These are literally all the patches I received so far, I didn't remove any, didn't rename them, categorize them, adjust volume or anything, which I will do before release.

I am super stoked about the particiption and engagement of everybody :tu: Thanks so much, patches are great so far! :)
My "Me too" was agreeing to looking forward to hearing what other people came up with. My new patches are still only on my hard drive and will soon be sent to your email.

Erisian wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:55 pm My "Me too" was agreeing to looking forward to hearing what other people came up with. My new patches are still only on my hard drive and will soon be sent to your email.
A missunderstanding? I uploaded all the current patches and posted them above, so you can listen to what other people came up with :wink:

TheWaveWarden wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:05 pm
Erisian wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:55 pm My "Me too" was agreeing to looking forward to hearing what other people came up with. My new patches are still only on my hard drive and will soon be sent to your email.
A missunderstanding? I uploaded all the current patches and posted them above, so you can listen to what other people came up with :wink:
:oops: :oops: :oops: Thank you.

I can't get over how incredible this synth is. I loved version 1 but Odin2 is in a whole other league!

I need to round up the patches I've created so far and get them to you asap. 8)

thank you!

TheWaveWarden wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:43 pm Version 2.0.21 is live!

This is a big update which changes a lot of things under the hood:

Voicing
- The voice count was increased from 12 to 24 voices! This should help especially with the new unison feature!
- Voices which are in release-section are now stolen before other voices
- Now applying random phase in all oscs on voice start if unison is active or the osc is a MultiOsc (this is overridden by "Osc-Reset")

Loading Patches
- Clicking the patch-display now reveals a dropdown with all the patches in the same folder
- The patch display now has up and down buttons to easily scroll through patches

Gain Modulation
- completely reworked all gain modulation (osc-vol, filter-gain, amp-gain and master-gain):
modulating +100% will always go up to 0dB (or +12dB from current value, if it is bigger than -12dB)
- modulating -100% will always go to -Inf dB from current value
- this will make it much easier to control individual oscillators by envelopes

Param Ranges
- filter-gain and osc-volume: [-Inf dB, 12dB]
- filter-cutoff on main filters: (20Hz, 20kHz)

Other
- fixed issue where FM-ratios and Pitchbend amount were not loaded with patches
Older patches / projects will be loaded properly!

Full changelog:
- increased number of voices from 12 to 24
- patch-display now has up and down button to browse through patches in same folder
- clicking the patch-display now reveals a list of patches in the same folder
- reworked how volume and modulation works for osc-vol, filter-gain, amp-gain and master-gain
- updated voicing priority: voices in release are prioritized when stealing notes
- now applying random phase at note start when using unison or multiosc (overwritten by osc-reset)
- changed range for volume of oscs and filters to [-Inf dB, 12dB]
- changed range for main filters to [20Hz,20kHz]
- fixed FM carrier ratio not being loaded
- fixed FM modulator ratio not being loaded
- fixed pitchbend amount not being loaded
- FM carrier ratio, FM modulator ratio and pitchbend amount are no longer modulatable by the host
- fixed issue where FM-osc moddepth was dependent on pitch-controls
- fixed ".odin" file still being saved when canceling patch-saving
- fixed Decay and Release parameters not automatically updating after change in samplerate
- removed 12-voice option from unison
- removed "Poly Aftertouch" from modulation sources
- fixed LFO-sync button always being off on GUI-load
- fixed reversed sawtooth icon in small GUI LFO
- adjusted sync-time-selector font justification
- removed saturation modulation target for OH-12 filter
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
That's a big list of updates! You're a machine! :borg:

Awesome update! :clap:

Quite a number of the patches go into the red. Perhaps a simple limiter just before the output would be an idea?

Is there a final output level knob, BTW?
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:39 pm Awesome update! :clap:

Quite a number of the patches go into the red. Perhaps a simple limiter just before the output would be an idea?

Is there a final output level knob, BTW?
Yes, Master-volume is to the left of the XY-Pad.

I will adjust volume on all patches before releasing them. I noticed most people just left master gain at the levels they were at. I recently updated the default value from 0dB to -3dB to -7dB. Those are the values you will find in the patches. ;-) I guess people adjusted volume in their DAWs

thanks for the updates, you addressed a lot of the things I was hoping to be changed. I will try the new version tonight :)
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Return to “Instruments”