FXpansion’s BFD Acquired by inMusic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BFD 3 BFD Eco

Skorobagatko wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:26 pm
Amberience wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:15 pm Reaper is one of our primary test hosts. Something is wrong there. Try closing all BFD related apps, and DAW's, and reinstalling 3.4.1.11 from afresh. It will upgrade License Manager and BFD3. Make sure you 100% select the correct VSTplugin directory on install.

Then Reaper should scan the plugin.
I tried everything I can think of.

How to make it work? I have license manager opened and I'm logged in.
I'm on Reaper as well. Everything has been working for the last couple of weeks, so I think I'll wait to update to 3.4.1.11. (Just finished a project with my freebie kit, Horsepower, and it is awesome!)
As for presets, I make multi-track templates within Reaper itself for all of my vsti's, so that isn't even something I'd know if it's working or not.

Skorobagatko wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:14 pm Doesn't help in my case.
Check the version of the License Manager.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:41 pm
Skorobagatko wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:14 pm Doesn't help in my case.
Check the version of the License Manager.
It's 3.0.1.3, Reaper can't scan the dll, I can open standalone but can't vst version.

Dasheesh wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:11 am dont try upgrading air music lol. that would scare the poop outta me.
I did an AIR upgrade and it DESTROYED MY C: DRIVE!!! Took me months to recover my software and some of it is gone FOR GOOD. You are correct to fear the AIR poop!!!

Amberience wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:15 pm Reaper is one of our primary test hosts. Something is wrong there. Try closing all BFD related apps, and DAW's, and reinstalling 3.4.1.11 from afresh. It will upgrade License Manager and BFD3. Make sure you 100% select the correct VSTplugin directory on install.

Close license manager entirely. Reinstall BFD3 so license manager also gets updated. Try again.

Weirdly yesterday all my licenses were missing, had to re-up the lot with License manager.

Skorobagatko wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:25 pm It's 3.0.1.3, Reaper can't scan the dll, I can open standalone but can't vst version.
Sorry, I got thrown off by one of your posts that seems to have someone else's image in it. It shows the BFD3 screen I saw when I didn't have the latest License Manager installed. But your problem is about Reaper being able to scan the BFD2 plugin, right?
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:11 am

Close license manager entirely. Reinstall BFD3 so license manager also gets updated. Try again.
Did it, now it works as a standalone but Reaper can't scan the vst version. Tried in Bitwig and Ableton as well - same issue.

Another strange issue - BFD3 standalone and LM launch only when I enable this option:

If it's disabled - both programs just close upon opening.

Skorobagatko wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:10 am

Did it, now it works as a standalone but Reaper can't scan the vst version. Tried in Bitwig and Ableton as well - same issue.
Try deleting the DLL that Reaper is looking at, and copying the one from Program Files/BFD Drums/BFD3 to your VStplugins folder.

Reaper can definitely scan the plugin, because I'm using it here this weekend to write some stuff! Cubase 11 is fine here too.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Amberience wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:34 am
Skorobagatko wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:10 am

Try deleting the DLL that Reaper is looking at, and copying the one from Program Files/BFD Drums/BFD3 to your VStplugins folder.

Reaper can definitely scan the plugin, because I'm using it here this weekend to write some stuff! Cubase 11 is fine here too.
Tried it, no change. Maybe it's because of the previous version that was installed on this computer?

I managed to get it work on another PC which didn't got any BFD3 installed before.

Amberience wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:34 am Try deleting the DLL that Reaper is looking at, and copying the one from Program Files/BFD Drums/BFD3 to your VStplugins folder.

I am encountering the same issue after upgrading to the latest version. REAPER scans it just fine, instance is fine. I copied the ProgFiles dll over, they are identical and the problem persists. It says I'm not logged in and to open License Manager. I click the button which opens License Manager and it connects just fine. But nothing changes.

I don't know how the plugin figures out License Manager is logged in but if I did I might be able to figure it out. The previous version was working just fine so I don't know what changed.

Edit: unnecessary.
Last edited by yellowmix on Sun May 23, 2021 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skorobagatko wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:04 pm Tried it, no change. Maybe it's because of the previous version that was installed on this computer?

I managed to get it work on another PC which didn't got any BFD3 installed before.
Are you running a recent Reaper version? If so, try this...

1. Open Reaper's Preferences
2. Go to Plugins -> VST
3. Click the Rescan button
4. From the dropdown button select "Plugins that failed to scan" - expand that list
5. Find BFD3.dll in that list (if there) and select it

I suspect what happened is that you started Reaper after updating to the new version, back when you had the incorrect License Manager version installed. This fact that it was unlicensed due the mismatch in LM versions could've caused the scan to fail in Reaper, putting the plugin on the blacklist.

But in recent Reaper updates, you no longer have to reset your entire plugin cache and can just rescan the individual .dll using the procedure above. Hope that helps!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:28 pm
Skorobagatko wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:04 pm Tried it, no change. Maybe it's because of the previous version that was installed on this computer?

Are you running a recent Reaper version? If so, try this...

1. Open Reaper's Preferences
2. Go to Plugins -> VST
3. Click the Rescan button
4. From the dropdown button select "Plugins that failed to scan" - expand that list
5. Find BFD3.dll in that list (if there) and select it

I suspect what happened is that you started Reaper after updating to the new version, back when you had the incorrect License Manager version installed. This fact that it was unlicensed due the mismatch in LM versions could've caused the scan to fail in Reaper, putting the plugin on the blacklist.

But in recent Reaper updates, you no longer have to reset your entire plugin cache and can just rescan the individual .dll using the procedure above. Hope that helps!
That's the first thing I did: https://imgur.com/QlgOjaA

That's a strange one. Which version of Windows are you running?

Return to “Instruments”