FXpansion’s BFD Acquired by inMusic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BFD 3 BFD Eco

Thanks. Unless I'm missing something, I can't import a BFD2 preset - I can only set it up as a preset location and get BFD3 to scan. I can load a bfd2 preset (but then get the same missing cymbal), but only import bfd3 presets.

I'm going to try rescanning the relevant BFD2 paths, but it tends to just sit there and hang so I'm never actually sure if it's completed properly. Pass.

Apparently this is a bug that they are experiencing with bfd1 and bfd2 migration.

One more for PM

having bought a couple of expansions, such as cocktail, while they are on sale i noticed the instrument doesn't import the expansions' presets.

realising some of them use bfd2 preset formats and locations i tried clicking on "add bfd2 paths" in the content manager window, which does nothing - mainly because it seems to be scanning the fxpansion folders not the bfddrums folders. i finally had to add the path to the bfd2 presets in application support/bfd drums by hand.

is it meant to work like that?

are there other expansion paths that the software is missing because of this?

this is on mac, version 3.4.0 build 24

You can manually add the data paths within the BFD content manager (if they do not go to the bfd folder, but elsewhere - which is the case for some older packs). I guess you have done that already? Sometimes you then need to do an additional manual rescan of these. At least that did the trick for me.

The scanner behavior is a bit erratic, as the data paths have changed from previous packs and versions to the new one. I think Drew is aware of this - it has been mentioned multiple times that a better scanning behavior and some kind of "consolidate all to one location" would be fab.

Anyway, sometimes it needs some persistence to get BFD to recognize the old packs, but in my case, I could get all of them to work - and I do have all of the FXPansion/BFD packs, plus a few form 3rd parties. So it's possible to get it work!

I’ve added the path for the bfd2 generation presets manually (well, the “system” folder that contains them anyway). I’m not sure if there are some I’ve missed by doing that but it did pick up presets for the new packs.

Ugh...having problems again. I switched my Samples drive recently and pointed BFD to it. BFD seems to recognize it.
I'm logged in, and also logged into my InMUSIC profile.
My license manager is Ver 3.0.3.1

Message #1- There was an error retrieving your list of products
Our server was unable to process your account.
Message #2- Could not connect to the server. Please try again shortly.

windowman wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:38 pm Ugh...having problems again. I switched my Samples drive recently and pointed BFD to it. BFD seems to recognize it.

Could you please PM me some more details - Your customer ID, your operating system, version of BFD3, and whatever else you can think of.

Does the issue disappear if you log-out of everything, and then log back in?? If so, then that's something worth knowing; something I can send over to the devs.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

windowman wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:38 pm Ugh...having problems again. I switched my Samples drive recently and pointed BFD to it. BFD seems to recognize it.

I had that last weekend and the fix is easy ( found the info on the issue and how to fix buried somewhere on the BFD site ) -in the manager choose ‘logout’ ( it’ll warn you about licenses doing so - click ok). Reboot and then re-launch and log back in - and it should correctly pick up your account and licenses

jdnz wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:52 pm I had that last weekend and the fix is easy ( found the info on the issue and how to fix buried somewhere on the BFD site ) -in the manager choose ‘logout’ ( it’ll warn you about licenses doing so - click ok). Reboot and then re-launch and log back in - and it should correctly pick up your account and licenses
Yes, Drew helped me and that fix worked. Everything is working again!
I meant to come back here and mention that and say thanks, but I was working on a snare sound! :D

Hi everyone,

BFD3.4.3.7 is out today. Release notes here: https://forum.bfddrums.com/t/bfd3-4-3-7-released/1660
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Amberience wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:46 pm Hi everyone,

BFD3.4.3.7 is out today. Release notes here: https://forum.bfddrums.com/t/bfd3-4-3-7-released/1660 (https://forum.bfddrums.com/t/bfd3-4-3-7-released/1660)
Hi Amberience....you seem to be the person who can help people who are having problems. I was a BFD 1, BFD 2, BFD Percussion, and had several expansion packs. I just upgraded my system and am trying to reinstall all my plug ins. I went ahead and upgraded to BFD 3, but I am having no luck trying to reinstall all the other stuff. I need help. I tried to PM you but I'm not authorized to do so on this Message Board because I'm new and haven't posted a lot yet. Please help. Thanks!

Adam I will PM you.

EDIT: Oh. Apparently I cannot. :roll:

Please head on over to the BFD Forum:
https://forum.bfddrums.com/

Create an account and make a post. Tag me in it using the ampersand functionality - BFD_Drew - and I'll PM you over there.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi Drew....I just posted over on that forum. Tried to tag you but I'm not sure it worked. Here's the link: https://forum.bfddrums.com/t/transfer-f ... damgorgoni (https://forum.bfddrums.com/t/transfer-from-fx-expansion-to-bfd-3/1677?u=adamgorgoni)

Any help you could give me would be appreciated.

PS. I read a post over there and it may have solved my issue. I have been able to migrate the licenses and am in the process of downloading. I am a little confused about the relationship between the BFD 2 sounds and BFD 3 sounds. Does the BFD 3 sound set already include the older sounds? I have projects that use them. I read something about the "London" patches. If you could explain that would be helpful. Thanks so much.

Return to “Instruments”