NI Komplete Ultimate is just too massive

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Steve Bolivar wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:15 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:09 am
It does feel like there's a "never mind the quality feel the width" thing going on with some providers boasting about the amount of your SSD space they're going to take up. One reason I prefer plugins that don't use samples if they can do a good enough job.
I'm a little surprised there hasn't been a sample based synth/sampler come out that boasted of its small size and efficiency; "check out the amazing range and quality of sounds with 10% the size..." Of course that would put it into comparisons with the physical modeling synths. There definitely is a bigger is better mindset with marketing samplers and their libraries. I see deals at VST Buzz all the time and just think $10 is a great price for a cool product but where would I put it.
I have K12U and it's fun to just randomly pick something from it and see where it leads me. I'm pretty sure I use the expansions a lot in Battery.
Happens occasionally, I noticed this recently
Sampleson’s Suit73 Rhodes plugin is a “35MB suitcase electric piano that sounds like 8GB”
https://www.musicradar.com/news/samples ... s-like-8gb

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

enCiphered wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:39 am Yes, KU is the exact opposite of minimal :)
What I really like about it is, it has a very good balance of different tools.
I agree. And, I do think it's great. The Collector's Edition, with the full symphony series libraries, very useful.

It's more a personal issue - I think as I started building my toolset years ago, I bought things more out a perspective of "I might need this" vs "I need this". So, I'm trying to get back to a smaller toolset, and if I need something as I go, it's ok to buy (again, as the case may be).

NI allows you to store its products on external media. I keep a lot of their instruments on a 256 GB flash drive, which cost just $35. With the ability to store an abundance of excellent sounds and instruments externally, off my hard drive, I have no complaints about the enormity of offerings.

Before I invest in any more NI instruments, however, I do wish NI would develop at least one more major product: a deep, complex multisampler/synth combo like Halion 6 or Falcon. Vojtech at Meldaproductions has come up with a great one pretty much all by himself. NI has more resources.

Kontakt is pretty much that. There's quite a bit of capability beyond straight sample playback.

Are you safe?

enCiphered wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:10 pm Yes, I really like the concept of being able to install and use only what you like and need. And not everything like other similar product bundles.
Same here... I do wish Native Access had an uninstall option too

pdxindy wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:39 am
enCiphered wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:10 pm Yes, I really like the concept of being able to install and use only what you like and need. And not everything like other similar product bundles.
Same here... I do wish Native Access had an uninstall option too
Oh yes! That would be really cool!

Today I spent a bit of time programming some patches in Razor. It sounds really good and the GUI is amazing. Much better than many overhyped synths.
It is great for different types of sounds and very easy to use.
Looking forward to make some tracks with it!

K12U is one of those bundles you have to make time for.

Since K9U I think I've used about 5% of the content. But.... its not bad content, at all. Reaktor alone is immense. Bot to mention Adding Guitar Rig as a general fx processor to Kontakt or any of the synths.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

I haven't used most of it, but the few times I have used it makes it worth it. Its nice to have all of that in your arsenal in case you need it. There's a bit of everything. Just depends on what you do I guess. If you are strictly a certain type of genre, you may not find a ton of value in it.

I've barely scratched the surface with K12 Ultimate. I've mainly used Monark and Battery 4. I really have no use for the Guitar / Bass Kontakt instruments since I play both, so I'm probably going to sell those off at some point. I really need to give Massive X some love.

transmisser wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:04 am I've barely scratched the surface with K12 Ultimate. I've mainly used Monark and Battery 4. I really have no use for the Guitar / Bass Kontakt instruments since I play both, so I'm probably going to sell those off at some point. I really need to give Massive X some love.
Can you sell off parts of it? I always assumed if you buy it as a bundle you could only legally sell it as a bundle.

Are you safe?

I don't know that you can sell all of it's counterparts individually, but I'm pretty sure you can sell the individual Kontakt libraries. You need to submit a list of all the stuff you want to sell to NI and then they authorize it.

You definitely can't sell individual items from if they're from Komplete. It's all one license.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

I use about 1/2 of it. Big Maschine user, so I use all that. I also use all the Kontakt Bass and Drums and Pianos more or sell. Started getting into learning Battery recently. As far as synths. Mostly Monark and a little bit of Massive and Prizm. I use the effects quite a lot as well. I don't really use the orchestral stuff in it. I think i got my moneys worth.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

I use 10 % of Komplete 12.

But here’s the thing: I don’t always know what will I use next, but I know no matter what I need, there is something I can use.

Example: Six months ago I participated as sound designer in a game development hackathon (teams go to a venue and make a video game in a weekend) on two different teams.

That means, i had to produce soundtrack and sound effects for two completely different games in 48 hours.

And I had no control on the subject of the two games.

So there I was, a Synthwave producer and synth geek having to produce a Celtic music track for a medieval game, and a weird DnB/ska/punk hybrid out of thing air, with no external help, in 48 hours.

Komplete saved both projects. For the Celtic track I used Strummed Acoustics guitars, strings, horns, Scarbee bass and Drumlab for Bodhrán-like sounds. For the DnB/ska/punk thingy, Scarbee bass again, Electric sunburst for guitars.

That is the big value of Komplete for me. No matter what I’m being thrown into, I have something there to save the day and deliver something usable FAST.

We won best game and best soundtrack, by the way. 8)
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

Return to “Instruments”