Obsession Vs OB-Xa V Poll

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Pick Two - One From Option 1 And One From Option 2

Option 1 Choice 1 - Arturia's release of OB-Xa did affect my decision of which synth to buy.
15%
Option 1 Choice 2 - Arturia's release of OB-Xa did not affect my decision of which synth to buy.
18%
Option 2 Choice 1 - My choice will be the synth that sounds the best.
24%
Option 2 Choice 2 - My choice will be the synth that is the cheapest.
5%
Option 2 Choice 3 - My choice will be Arturia regardless of any criteria.
8%
Option 2 Choice 4 - My choice will be Obsession regardless of any criteria.
6%
Option 2 Choice 4 - My choice will be Arturia and Obsession regardless of any criteria.
10%
Option 2 Choice 5 - I have no interest in this synth and will not buy either one.
14%

Total votes: 104

RELATED
PRODUCTS

recursive one wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:36 pm I suspect we'll soon have a bunch of videos comparing the OB-Xa with the original where the reviewers will say that the emulation doesn't sound like it should (I have no idea if it's actually the case but I think you can find such opinions about virtually any VSTi having a hardware prototype, and especially the Arturia stuff), so people will be even more eager to try the supposedly more accurate emulation.
Your logic is kinda weird, isn't it? You suspect "soon there will be a bunch of videos comparing the OB-Xa with the original where the reviewers will say that the emulation doesn't sound like it should"...

Yeah, most probably. But also ANOTHER bunch of viseos praising the synth (those are already there, should you mind looking for them). But I guess you won't bother - you are too busy bashing a company.

And you end concluding that, because of those alleged videos you suspect will appear, people will buy Synapse version instead, because, for that one, there will not appear a bunch of videos "comparing Obsession with the original where the reviewers will say that the emulation doesn't sound like it should" Why? Care to explain? :lol:

Biased, are you not? :roll:
Fernando (FMR)

cmon man, numbers dont lie!!!!!

vurt wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:58 pm cmon man, numbers dont lie!!!!!
Right: 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, ... Must be the Covid-19 - I'm tired :D
Fernando (FMR)

nice sequence :tu:

vurt wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:02 pm nice sequence :tu:
Yeah... I love it :clown:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:01 pm
Right: 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, ... Must be the Covid-19 - I'm tired :D
That's a Fib.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

:hihi:

I got the Arturia at my upgrade offer of $49, so that was easy enough for me to decide without hurting too much financially. I figure that now that I own their collection, I should take advantage of getting new add-ons cheap if/when I can. If they didn't offer these deals, I wouldn't jump right in at much higher prices, and would be inclined to wait.

But, I did vote to buy both, though. I figure both will be different enough feature-wise, sound different enough from each other, and both companies make nice quality stuff, that they could compliment each other (I know, I am pre-justifying my GAS, lol).

It will come down to price/good deal for me.

revvy wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:50 am
wagtunes wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:39 am I'm convinced Synapse Audio will lose money if they don't release Obsession before Arturia's sale ends.

Now we're going to find out.
No we're not, we're going to find out who can be bothered to post in a wagtunes poll i.e. not me, for example.
Well, it's exactly what you did here. :dog:

jamcat wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:06 pm
That's a Fib.
When I was child, I got a fiber... :hihi:
Last edited by fmr on Thu May 21, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:56 pm Yeah, most probably. But also ANOTHER bunch of videos praising the synth (those are already there, should you mind looking for them). But I guess you won't bother - you are too busy bashing a company.
fmr wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:01 pm , ... Must be the Covid-19 - I'm tired :D
Maybe the 19th video could be called OBvid-19 then... :o
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:10 pm
fmr wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:56 pm Yeah, most probably. But also ANOTHER bunch of videos praising the synth (those are already there, should you mind looking for them). But I guess you won't bother - you are too busy bashing a company.
fmr wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:01 pm , ... Must be the Covid-19 - I'm tired :D
Maybe the 19th video could be called OBvid-19 then... :o
:lol:

Glad you answered. I was afraid you had muted me. :D
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:09 pm
That's a Fib.
in the uk "a fib" is a lie.
as i said the numbers dont lie, you used the fibonacci sequence, thats a fib, is a pun on both ;)

fmr wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:56 pm
recursive one wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:36 pm I suspect we'll soon have a bunch of videos comparing the OB-Xa with the original where the reviewers will say that the emulation doesn't sound like it should (I have no idea if it's actually the case but I think you can find such opinions about virtually any VSTi having a hardware prototype, and especially the Arturia stuff), so people will be even more eager to try the supposedly more accurate emulation.
Your logic is kinda weird, isn't it? You suspect "soon there will be a bunch of videos comparing the OB-Xa with the original where the reviewers will say that the emulation doesn't sound like it should"...

Yeah, most probably. But also ANOTHER bunch of viseos praising the synth (those are already there, should you mind looking for them). But I guess you won't bother - you are too busy bashing a company.

And you end concluding that, because of those alleged videos you suspect will appear, people will buy Synapse version instead, because, for that one, there will not appear a bunch of videos "comparing Obsession with the original where the reviewers will say that the emulation doesn't sound like it should" Why? Care to explain? :lol:

Biased, are you not? :roll:
No, I don't conclude that.

I conclude that the appearance of the Arturia emulation will probably raise the interest to the original synth and other existing of upcoming emulations.

Sure there will be group of people which will say "this emulation is not accurate enough, let's wait for a next one", there always are such people, regardless of how accurate the emulaiton actually is, sure there will be people prasing the Arturia's one, and there will be a lot of people who have never heard about the original OB-Xa but now learned that it existed and are now interested in it.

Indeed, I've heard more than once that Artura's emualtions aren't realy very true to their originals sonically, especially the older ones, but I can't comment on that myself, as I never owned any Atruria software nor any of the originals. But I've heard people saying such things about Repro or Monark or Legend as well.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

vurt wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:13 pm
fmr wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:09 pm
That's a Fib.
in the uk "a fib" is a lie.
as i said the numbers dont lie, you used the fibonacci sequence, thats a fib, is a pun on both ;)
Yeah, and then I made another joke, with a pun too. But I guess I wasn't very fortunate at it :(
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”