One Synth Challenge #136: Odin 2 by The Wave Warden (Photonic Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Submissions:
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... 136-odin-2

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge #136! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

Note: If you want to help report bugs, there is a Beta test thread here.

Want a chat room with other OSCers? Join our slack here

This blurb is all you need to know: "The sound of this 24-voice polyphonic beast will take you from your studio right to Valhalla." :party:

There's not a great video yet showcasing Odin 2, if anyone wants to make one, put it up on youtube, and we'll put it up here.

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
We are offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): FXB Project, or JRR Shop (Uncle E)

NEW Additional Bonus Prize!
For the first Single Instance entry to make the top 5 a small cash bonus of $30. (note: this prize may be carried forward to selected OSC challenges until it is won)

discoDSP : 1 copy of Discovery (Up to 2 winners may choose this)

KV331 Audio : Bundle of Synthmaster One + Synthmaster 2.x!

Dmitry Sches : Tantra Multi-Effect + 3 Expansions

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

SoundGym : 6 Month Subscription. (SoundGym is a
"technological, personalized and gamified audio learning environment")

Sonimus : Any one Plugin (1 license given away per month, max 3 in persons lifetime)

JRR Sounds: Any 1 soundset (This is a secondary prize, you may pick it as well as your main prize)

Synthmorph: Any 1 soundset

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2 Synthesizer

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

Touch The Universe Productions: LuSH-101 Cloud Layers soundset

The FXB Project by alvfaria : 1 commercial sound bank as an extra prize on top of the regular first prize. See the main site here

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune. Unfortunately his main site is down, but if you still want these, let us know!

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice (except for the Future Chill and Space Trips expansions)

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
  • DiHalt Demoscene competitions - Developers may be looking for artists to make music.
  • Indaba - Has a mix of popular and indie artists with various contests like remixing and song writing.
  • Mix Challenge - Who can mix a song the best (Without adding extra recordings /musical additions)? Each person starts out with the same stems. Also includes other competitions, like the Song Writing Competition.
  • Open Source Music Nexus Challenge - From the people who brought you the FM Challenge last year!
  • Skio Music Contests - Lots of remixes you can join (Mostly EDM) - big prizes.
Last edited by bjporter on Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

I was looking forward to this month's Odin 2 OSC, but...

:dog: I just bricked the motherboard on my new build! Well that will set me back a couple of weeks at least to RMA and then get it back... :cry:

I may have to wait till July...
"I can't listen to the Ninth anymore at all."

:party: Woo! :party: Seems like a good one! Time to smoke the party pipes! :party:

Hi, I'm the dev of Odin, I am superstoked this is happening :)

Just a quick heads up: Odin2 is currently in beta (but will be released soon). There's another thread here on KVR about the beta:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=542997

I am still in the process of gathering presets for the Factory Presets Library. If you have any you think would make a nice addition, contact me.

Have fun and enjoy the OSC! :D

bummer.. this one looks really nice. unfortunately renoise (VST2) is my only DAW... :neutral:

Let's get it out of the way - I assume we can use all built in wavetables, and draw anything (chip/wave/additives). Is that correct?

Quick question, what's the difference between Mod* vs Global*? Both are assignable in the matrix looks like.

Built in wavetables, wavedraw etc. can all be used, no probs :tu:

keith303 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:53 pm bummer.. this one looks really nice. unfortunately renoise (VST2) is my only DAW... :neutral:
I'm in a similar position with Podium, but found a solution that works reasonably well for me:
Try wrapping Odin 2 inside Element: https://www.kvraudio.com/product/element-by-kushview

Hope that helps!

Ooh wavedraw and a routing matrix? I'm excited to check this one out :tu:

Any way to get this working on MacOS Catalina? The idiotic unidentified developer security is not allowing it to load in Live -- even after smashing the Open Anyway button.

I think I'm done with MacOS.

bh9090 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:38 pm Any way to get this working on MacOS Catalina? The idiotic unidentified developer security is not allowing it to load in Live -- even after smashing the Open Anyway button.

I think I'm done with MacOS.
Please check the FAQ on my website, there are instructions on how to unjail it:

https://www.thewavewarden.com/faq

Sadly, I cannot remove the block without paying a fee to apple, which frankly is one of the last things I intend to do :?

TheWaveWarden wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:47 pm Sadly, I cannot remove the block without paying a fee to apple, which frankly is one of the last things I intend to do :?
I don't blame you. It's getting ridiculous. Thanks for the link. I missed it. :tu:

tomx2188 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:38 pm Try wrapping Odin 2 inside Element: https://www.kvraudio.com/product/element-by-kushview
Hope that helps!
Yes, that helped a lot actually, thanks ! :)
Feels a bit sluggish and probably uses way more CPU than usual (a simple one voice saw takes 7% cpu time, which is like twice what the average vsti takes) and you also have to midi learn params you want to automate in element until they become available for the DAW, but hey.. it works ! :D

Thanks again for this great tip!

this be my first one, wish me luck!

All these oscillator options, filters, mod destinations and effects! We're well and truly spoilt for choice in the free synth section in 2020!

Thanks for this, WaveWarden - can't wait to dive in!
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

Return to “Instruments”