Hyakken (HY Plugins) releases HY-POLY

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HY-POLY Motoko The Computer Music Soundbank

briefcasemanx wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:47 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:39 pm I find the Euclidean sequencer view is far easier to use to set up poly rhythms
I want complete control. Euclidean you don't have control over where the hits are, hits are just evenly spaced.
Fair enough. This is the HY-POLY thread anyway IIRC so I'll shut up about the sequencer.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Please tell me what is great about Poly.

greenmind72 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:55 am HY has just started with Plugin boutique - a rare sale currently on, including Poly.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/manufact ... HY-Plugins

No excuses now! :wink:
Oh man I really shouldn't be spending any money on plugins right now but HY Poly has been on my wish list for a while and that really is a no-brainer price. :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

greenmind72 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:55 am
HY has just started with Plugin boutique - a rare sale currently on, including Poly.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/manufact ... HY-Plugins

No excuses now! :wink:
So, I can buy it on sale at Plugin Boutique for 59 dollars, or here for 60 dollars at full price. I'm beginning to wonder if Plugin Boutique is the best place to buy anything. It's 60 dollars at ADSR as well. Perhaps it is a tax thing, I don't know

I already bought it anyway, at ADSR, and got the Melda MTurboEQ for free, so I'm satisfied
Last edited by YnJ on Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

I just picked up HY Poly at Plugin Boutique for $45 and it comes with the Melda EQ. :shrug:

PB HY.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:54 am I just picked up HY Poly at Plugin Boutique for $45 and it comes with the Melda EQ.
Most likely a tax thing then, as it adds up to 59 dollars when I add it to the cart from my corner of the old world :party:

£39.50 in UK which is approximately same price as HY own site. ($60)

Is that with tax? Shows as £32.92 here which according to google conversion would be $44.90.

PB HY2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Teksonik wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:08 am Is that with tax? Shows as £32.92 here which according to google conversion would be $44.90.
I get £41.15, so I guess that's with tax. They enjoy taxes, those people running this country. Strangely, I don't pay any taxes it seems if I buy here or at ADSR. Probably some EU regulations, the favourite thing our politicians enjoy after taxing people is following rules from the EU :help:

Mkay, I bought Hy-Poly as well as the collection of 4 sequencers. Like the stuff. Hope a better solution for drum polyrhythms is implemented in the future on one of their sequencers, a la Drum Sequencer in Reason.

Spring Goose wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:31 pmPlease tell me what is great about Poly.
It's very versatile, very easy to use for all the features it has and it sounds OK, too. And that's its limitation for me - it only sounds OK, which is perfectly good for parts that are filling out a mix but I'd never use it for a prominent part. That's the same issue I have with Pigments but at least HY-Poly is a lot cheaper.

Which is not to suggest HY-Poly is no good, it's actually very handy and I use it a fair bit. It's just never going to replace ANA or Thorn or Viper, or even Invader, in my set-up.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I think it sounds excellent, but for very specific types of sounds. Really nice for square wavey type stuff.

Maybe on its own but when you put it up against the really good sounding synths, it sounds like it's missing that last tiny bit of polish that would make it exceptional. Like I said, Pigments has the same problem for me, as does Hive, which is pretty decent company to be in.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I also think Hive sounds excellent for square wavey, hollow, plucky type sounds too. Hive and Hy-Poly will probably be my go-to synths for square wavey stuff (Hive already for sure is, Hy-Poly we'll see), and I likely own most/all of "the really good sounding synths" too.

From my short experience with it, Hy-Poly sounds pretty mellow in the high end. so people that are into bright, hyped sounding stuff might not like it (they should buy Avenger, which sounds like awful plastic but the sausage fattener crowd seems to love it, or better yet Tone2 synths which sounds hyperreal in a good way). The filter is not mindblowing, but for like half the sounds I use that doesn't matter. I have lots of synths with amazing filters at this point.

Spring Goose wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:31 pm Please tell me what is great about Poly.
From my first impressions (free version):
Great, ergonomic user interface. Very easy to assign LFOs, envelopes and so on to modulate parameters. Very fun to use for sound design. That's the foremost strength of this synth.

The oscillators don't really sound very analogish, they sound digitally clean, but not bright or unpleasant. Personally I prefer oscillators that have a bit more "vibe" going on. Filters do also sound okay. The commercial version ofc adds a lot of additional features like the complete FX section, some really exciting additional OSCs modes and a sequencer.

Return to “Instruments”