Synapse Audio OBSESSION is now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

so you can't answer the questions

AnX wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:10 pm
Dasheesh wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:57 pm
2: how come arcsyn oscillators sound so much more detailed?
because they are not emulating obxa oscillators
arcsyn frame work was modeled after obie.... especially the filters, which are fantastic imo. everything is 4*tho, and i believe this can do better: match it to arcsyn audio rates.

Dasheesh wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:57 pm how come arcsyn oscillators sound so much more detailed?
From the Arcsyn product page:

"Oscillators and filters are 4X oversampled",

https://www.spcplugins.com/arcsyn
Yorrrrrr wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:44 pm Richard (Synapse) told me Obsession is already 4x oversampled (at any situation).
-------
Dasheesh wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:57 pm so when it adverts as "a new experience in sound quality"
Do you have a link to back this up ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Dasheesh wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:32 pm
AnX wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:10 pm
Dasheesh wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:57 pm
2: how come arcsyn oscillators sound so much more detailed?
because they are not emulating obxa oscillators
arcsyn frame work was modeled after obie.... especially the filters, which are fantastic imo. everything is 4*tho, and i believe this can do better: match it to arcsyn audio rates.
filters are, and from a diff model, nothing about osc from the obxa

accessdune3 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:02 pmFor me GUI is perfect, only thing i miss is a global Unison detune knob. Will it come with the update?
Just use the "Organic" knob on the back panel.
Dasheesh wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:57 pmhow come arcsyn oscillators sound so much more detailed?
I don't think that's true. I use ArcSyn a lot more than Obsession but it has nothing to do with sound quality. Both are absolutely top notch but I have to crank up ArcSyn a lot more to make it as huge as Obsession sounds without any effort. Seriously, how much "detail" can you get from a Sawtooth wave? It is what it is and that's all it should be.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:34 am
accessdune3 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:02 pmFor me GUI is perfect, only thing i miss is a global Unison detune knob. Will it come with the update?
Just use the "Organic" knob on the back panel.
Dasheesh wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:57 pmhow come arcsyn oscillators sound so much more detailed?
I don't think that's true. I use ArcSyn a lot more than Obsession but it has nothing to do with sound quality. Both are absolutely top notch but I have to crank up ArcSyn a lot more to make it as huge as Obsession sounds without any effort. Seriously, how much "detail" can you get from a Sawtooth wave? It is what it is and that's all it should be.
Organic doesn't do extreme detuning (repro 5, super 8 ex). You have to dial each oscillator fine tine manualy to get that detune.

accessdune3 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:36 amOrganic doesn't do extreme detuning (repro 5, super 8 ex). You have to dial each oscillator fine tine manualy to get that detune.
dial each oscillator fine tine manually and make it a template

accessdune3 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:36 amOrganic doesn't do extreme detuning (repro 5, super 8 ex). You have to dial each oscillator fine tine manualy to get that detune.
Maybe a Detune knob wouldn't, either? You need to be specific with these sorts of things.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:47 am
Maybe a Detune knob wouldn't, either? You need to be specific with these sorts of things.
Detune knob for each voice fine tune to be more specific, to get that supersaw effect :)
carrieres wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:37 am
dial each oscillator fine tine manually and make it a template
Sure you can make a template, but if you want to lower/higher the unison detune you have to dial each 8 voices fine tune again :wink:

And how often does that come up? I'd suggest very rarely for the vast majority of users.

accessdune3 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:04 am
Detune knob for each voice fine tune to be more specific, to get that supersaw effect :)
its not a supersaw synth, it has it predecessor unison

luckily it gives you access to every voice (unlike some) so you can tweak to your hearts content

AnX wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:28 pm
accessdune3 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:04 am
its not a supersaw synth, it has it predecessor unison

luckily it gives you access to every voice (unlike some) so you can tweak to your hearts content
Modulated with step-lfo and detuned Obsession sounds amazing, i might say unlike anything else :)

BONES wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:53 am And how often does that come up? I'd suggest very rarely for the vast majority of users.
Actually quite often, not that its a catastrophie (far from it), but when a synth has so many voices and each has 2 oscillators, having a dedicated knob (or macro knobs you can asign) can make things easier :)

Nonetheless, its just a suggestion, feature request :)

Quite often for you, not for everybody. The range of the Organic knob more than covers my needs and, I imagine, most others.

I love this VST

Return to “Instruments”