Wow.. Xils-PolyM Has so much Mojo . I'm Loving this VST-Synth !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Niowiad wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:28 pmI'm not a preset user so this might be the reason I don't understand the issues with the new preset browser, but it seems fine and functional to me.
It's not the new browser per se, but the underlying way presets are handled, which the new browser slightly improves on but doesn't address the real problems with having no actual location on the hard drive where presets exist, making backing them and moving them around hard (particularly if like me you have a system suddenly fail and have not exported them recently to a bank). And even if you are a preset maker (like me) you are still a preset user as well. It doesn't always have to be third party ones (which I also use, to me there is no either/or around presets, but if anything they are less of a problem as at least I can track those down again from emails etc).

Got your point :wink:

zerocrossing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:22 pm
Muziksculp wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:34 pmI also was not that impressed with some of the other Synths they have, but Poly-M is something else. I wish their other synths were half as good as Poly-M.
I don’t really get this sentiment. I love PolyM too (I don’t have it yet, but it’s on my list) but I’ve always felt like all their emulations are on par with PolyM, and I’ll include Oxium in there too, though it’s not an emulation. Great plugins, great company.
Hi,

I have these Xils Synths (Oxium, PolyKBII, Xils V+, Stix, Poly-M), all are very good sounding, but I have to say that the one that Impressed me was the Poly-M, the sonic character of this one was just in a different class. I would love to see Xils develop a Memory Moog Emulation one of these days, that is as impressive as the Poly-M.

Muziksculp wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:19 pm Hi,

I just wanted to praise the Poly-Moog emulation that the Xils PolyM offers .

Wow ! This is an Impressive VST synth, it surely has lots of Mojo, warm analog character, fat and rich sounding filters, Loving this synth :tu:
Isn't it geat? And the factory string patches are some of the best of any synth.
wagtunes wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:06 pm To my ears, it is identical to the real thing. They did a great job with it.
Muziksculp wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:34 pm I also was not that impressed with some of the other Synths they have, but Poly-M is something else. I wish their other synths were half as good as Poly-M.
But nobody was even able to pick XILS V+ (2013) from a blind hardware A/B. PolykB and XILS 3 might be harder to A/B with hardware originals since they are so rare. XILS has a long history of competent hardware emulation.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=398620
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Return to “Instruments”