Which tone2 after firebird?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No sure if there will be a teasing video. I want to invest the development-time to the product itself and not into advertising.

How about Windbird, then you can name its successor Earthbird? :hihi: (Sorry, that was bad :help: )

Super excited about this, Markus! :hyper: :tu:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

why after firebird? did it stop working? if you like it, keep using it.
just ADD to it. try SURGE if you like it too, it will keep you busy
for a long time.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:52 am why after firebird? did it stop working?
for most ppl, yes
Markus Krause wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:25 am I tried to compile it in 64 bit a while ago, but was not able to do a stable build. The sources were too old. So FireBird 2.1 will stay the final version. .

AnX wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:02 am
layzer wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:52 am why after firebird? did it stop working?
for most ppl, yes
Markus Krause wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:25 am I tried to compile it in 64 bit a while ago, but was not able to do a stable build. The sources were too old. So FireBird 2.1 will stay the final version. .
perfect opportunity to start
yet another long winded 32 vs 64 bit
debate, but not tonight.

there is no debate

Of course there is no debate, everyone should stay on 32 bit and use 20 year old freebies, because layzer says so.

everyone should stay on whatever works for them.
oh you must be a noob user here.

but like i said, not tonight, ignore mode on.

How does 32-bit work for anyone when all major DAW's left it behind by now, and don't even ship a compatibility layer within the DAW anymore?

It may work for you when you're still on Windows 7, and use a DAW from the stone age. But, I don't consider this the norm really. The norm is that 32-bit is dead dead dead.

But, you know all this already anyway.

P.S.: On the current Mac OS X, there is no way to use 32-bit, not even wrappers work. Again, dead dead dead. And dead. Also dead. Time to face it.

Luckily Reaper and Bitwig runs 32bit stuff in sandbox. I'd be very sad if I couldn't use hg fortune synths, since they're quite unique.

I actually installed the portable Reaper some days ago to check out Firebird. :D That was the only thing I did with it though, and now it sits around unused again... all my other plugins are 64-bit.

In 5 or 6 years, we won't even discuss this anymore. Things move on, they don't move backwards.

P.S.: The only other 32-bit plugin I used until some time ago was Terratec Komplexer, but, it's a bit of a PITA. I always have to reinstall it, because it stops working, when one of the big Windows 10 updates is being released, and, additionally, it's unstable, crashes jBridge, or emits some loud noise bursts, and crashes... sweet sound, but, not worth it when I have Largo anyway.

chk071 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:39 am I actually installed the portable Reaper some days ago to check out Firebird
Tbh I still use Firebird :oops: :P

Any news?

Don't forget... Cakewalk & Fl Studio also use 32 bit vsts as well.

TBH, I dont think it's a bad thing to use outdated technology. Aint that what most vsts are based on? Outdated tech? There are some vsts that Im just not gonna part with. I know them back & forwards & even though Im for the newer & better, somethings that have expired have their worth
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

I just downloaded Firebird and it works fine here in Cakewalk on my new PC.

Return to “Instruments”