Newfangled Audio Pendulate (and Generate coming soon...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Generate Pendulate

I am distantly but pleasantly reminded of Maelstrom from reason!! I had that in Reason 3 many years ago, certainly this isn't granular, but mainly in that it allows for organic yet configurable transformations of the sounds!! Honestly i am also reminded of Crust, which again is a very differently formatted synth, but in terms of the open-ended potential for both the basis and outer reaches of the sounds!!

I hope the next plugin from Newfangled Audio will be called “Ovulate”...

fese wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:15 pm I hope the next plugin from Newfangled Audio will be called “Ovulate”...
As long it's not Ejaculate... :o

Calenberger wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:22 pm
fese wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:15 pm I hope the next plugin from Newfangled Audio will be called “Ovulate”...
As long it's not Ejaculate... :o
Or masturbate.

the next will be called "generate" - apparently, released on September 8th (via https://www.attackmagazine.com/news/eve ... pendulate/)
Pendulate’s full and iLok license-requiring version Generate will be released on September 8th and it will add four more oscillator types, one additional LFO, two envelopes, sample and hold, a step sequencer and more internal effects.

Digivolt wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:11 pm
Turello wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:19 pm No 32 bit... :dog:
Isn't this complaint like being upset that your new car doesn't come with any horses ? :hihi:
Did'nt know, simply i reported an error...

Turello wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:30 pm
Digivolt wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:11 pm
Turello wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:19 pm No 32 bit... :dog:
Isn't this complaint like being upset that your new car doesn't come with any horses ? :hihi:
Did'nt know, simply i reported an error...
What error?
Running 32 bit in 2020?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I think the wave folder sounds great! Which is a bit troubling as I would not put it past
myself to drop 20 grand on a buchla rig...

*Fortunately I don't have 20 grand to drop on a buchla rig...

brightonrock wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:01 pm the next will be called "generate" - apparently, released on September 8th (via https://www.attackmagazine.com/news/eve ... pendulate/)
Pendulate’s full and iLok license-requiring version Generate will be released on September 8th and it will add four more oscillator types, one additional LFO, two envelopes, sample and hold, a step sequencer and more internal effects.
Interesting.
I would have really hoped for at least few voices of polyphony for MPE, but those added features already sound like a pretty significant upgrade.

It was quite the surprise when I received this through a newsletter from Eventide.
All I can say is that I like it, especially for free... this thing is nice! I loved some of the bass presets, and together with the (also free) ValhallaSuperMassive it can be really powerful.

I encourage everyone to try it.

brightonrock wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:01 pm the next will be called "generate" - apparently, released on September 8th (via https://www.attackmagazine.com/news/eve ... pendulate/)
Nice finding :tu:

From the Pendulate user guide:
"Pendulate supports a relatively new MIDI mode called Midi Polyphonic Expression, or MPE. If you’re using an MPE compatible controller and an MPE compatible host, turning on the MPE button will allow you to have polyphonic pitch bend, pressure, and timbre controls. Pendulate is already amazing with a normal midi setup, but MPE allows you to add another level of expressiveness."

Polyphonic pitch-bend, pressure and timbre control, but it's a monosynth.

I'm still not sure what the "MPE" on the top row button is doing.
I might have missed something, but it seems like nothing changes having it ON or OFF.

Imo it’s just copy and paste from their upcoming polyphonic Generate manual.

The more I look at it the more I am excited... A really innovative idea about oscillators:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Z8wLLPNE0
I have to make my own experiments in Max now...; - )

Return to “Instruments”