Pianoteq 7

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm a bit confused. Is the upgrade price from standard 6 to 7 a sales price or is this the normal upgrade cost? Do upgrades from versions ever go on sale? Money will be tight through the end of the year but if this is indeed a limited time sale it might be worth purchasing now.

Morphing does seem to be cool for blending different instruments together, but for those of us who only use the piano models, do you still find this a feature worthy of upgrade?

InsertNameHere wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:27 am I'm a bit confused. Is the upgrade price from standard 6 to 7 a sales price or is this the normal upgrade cost? Do upgrades from versions ever go on sale? Money will be tight through the end of the year but if this is indeed a limited time sale it might be worth purchasing now.
Normal upgrade price, and they have small sales here and there.

Morphing affects the modeling engine itself, and is a nice addition to the random functions for people who like to experiment. Even pure pianists can't resist...
Have you tried Vital?

agharta wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:35 am
Sampleconstruct wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:19 am
masterhiggins wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:42 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:03 pm Morphing between three customized timbres in Pianoteq Pro 7.

https://youtu.be/aLzBnAfEQuM
I love that piece you’re playing. 😍
Sometimes those video jams actually produce some decent music too :)
They should pay you for producing that video as it's much more useful than the video they produced with regard to morphing.
Tempted me to buy it, for which you deserve a commission. :)
Cheers, my commission is the joy and usability these instruments create/provide, I used all kinds of PT models in my latest film score, mostly fantasy instruments, now with the morphing the timbral variety and expressiveness has drastically expanded.

Psuper wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:40 am Morphing affects the modeling engine itself, and is a nice addition to the random functions for people who like to experiment. Even pure pianists can't resist...
I'm looking forward to getting crazy and morphing the Hamburg Steinway D with the NY Steinway D! :wheee:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

is the pianoteq page down ?

veloheinz wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:00 am is the pianoteq page down ?
I'm able to access it.

So if you morph halfway between a Steinway Model B and Model D, do you get a Model C? 🤔
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

If you morph between a Steinway and a Bösendorfer your keyboard will suddenly grow on the low end... Its a Bösenway and a clear hint that it a devils instrument like Paganinis Stradivari... Beware, its dangerous, I pray for you all...

jamcat wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:57 am
veloheinz wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:00 am is the pianoteq page down ?
I'm able to access it.

So if you morph halfway between a Steinway Model B and Model D, do you get a Model C? 🤔
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jamcat wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:46 am
Psuper wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:40 am Morphing affects the modeling engine itself, and is a nice addition to the random functions for people who like to experiment. Even pure pianists can't resist...
I'm looking forward to getting crazy and morphing the Hamburg Steinway D with the NY Steinway D! :wheee:
Ya man V7 is just killer, allows incredible control when crafting sounds so much good stuff I'm beside myself.

This should also boost their instrument sales as well due to the availability of them during morphs or otherwise -- which is great because they put a ton of R&D into them and I always had the feeling they don't sell as much as they should. I have studio, and have all the packs but now eager for more!
Have you tried Vital?

Is there an upgrade path to Pro with all the packs? I can only see the option to buy the full thing, or to upgrade to Pro and then buy the remaining packs individually. With the morphing, I'd be much more interested in the additional instruments, and morph a harp or Hohner with a Steinway. :-)

Anyway, this is an excellent upgrade, and a lot of fun.

There's an upgrade path to Pro, but they still haven't created one for Studio (for all the packs) iirc.
Have you tried Vital?

They should... with the morphing, having many or all the packs has become much more interesting.

tq wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:04 pm They should... with the morphing, having many or all the packs has become much more interesting.
Ya that's been a common complaint in their forum for awhile now. I know some people have reached out to Niclas and were able to get a Studio price from their existing license, ymmv.
Have you tried Vital?

This upgrade is amazing. The difference audible. Especially when going quieter or hammering the keys. I still hear a little of that pianoteqy ringing, but its not as in my face anymore. Getting closer and closer to a true singing piano no doubt about it. (and for 40 bucks! wow.)

Return to “Instruments”