Roli: Equator 2 is here !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

vertibration wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:31 pm Thanks for letting us all know how long it takes. For that reason alone, I aint buying that garbage
it doesnt take that long, I got mine the same day - I think that message refers to support in general, not serials

Hi. I work at ROLI. DM me or let me know your support ticket number and I'll see what I can do for you!
D

ahhh ok, I take it back, its not garbage anymore LMAO :)

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:41 pm
vertibration wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:31 pm Thanks for letting us all know how long it takes. For that reason alone, I aint buying that garbage
it doesnt take that long, I got mine the same day - I think that message refers to support in general, not serials
No, not support, new license!

Alchemedia wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:15 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:41 pm
No, not support, new license!
I don't think so - I got this email as soon as i had ordered

When will I get my new software?

'If you opted to have your software automatically registered to your account, download or open ROLI Connect and sign-in using your credentials to download your license. Once you have downloaded your software, use your same ROLI account credentials to log in and enjoy using your software.

If you did not opt to have your software automatically registered, then you will receive another email with the subject line "ROLI Software Serials" that contains your serial number and instructions on how to access your new ROLI software within 24 hours. Please add no-reply@roli.com to your address book to ensure this message does not go to your spam folder.'

The license was added soon after for me. The message you have is not the normal email in response to purchases but to messages to their support, which is, unfortunately, sometimes slower (although in my experience it depends on who you contact).

I received the same email initially aMUSEd but never received email containing serial numbers and couldn't locate any place in my user profile to enable automatic registration. Why that isn't the default setting is beyond me. I have in the interim received several email offers for a 25% discount on expansions. :dog:
Meanwhile, still waiting. Hopefully DanRoli will sort this out for me.

Update:
Now I am miraculously able to download Euqator2 however when I attempt to launch it I get this error msg:
"Oh No! We can't look up if you have access to Equator 2." :dog:
No joy in Roliville.

DanROLI wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:47 pm Hi. I work at ROLI. DM me or let me know your support ticket number and I'll see what I can do for you!
D
Thanks Dan! DM sent. :tu:

Alchemedia wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:11 pm "Our response promise:
We aim to reply to all messages within 2 weeks. This week's average response time is 12 days (business hours)."

Seriously Roli? The plot thickens. From 24 hours to 2 weeks to receive a new license? This is unacceptable! Not just the holidays either, since the average response time posted on their support page was 2 weeks back in June. 🙄
Just a guess, because it is a bit confusing, Roli switched to their own version of Native Access, Arturia Software Center etc. called Roli Connect, you can find it on their website. I don't see any serial number email in my email history and as far as I remember it was as simple as installing Roli Connect and it automatically registers Equator 2 to your account when you set up your registration with Roli in the Roli Connect software. Opening Roli Connect you will see your serial number in the list of products you can install etc. but it again automatically does all this for you.

Hope that helps.

machinesworking wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:18 pm
We aim to reply to all messages within 2 weeks. This week's average response time is 12 days (business hours)."

Seriously Roli? The plot thickens. From 24 hours to 2 weeks to receive a new license? This is unacceptable! Not just the holidays either, since the average response time posted on their support page was 2 weeks back in June. 🙄
Just a guess, because it is a bit confusing, Roli switched to their own version of Native Access, Arturia Software Center etc. called Roli Connect, you can find it on their website. I don't see any serial number email in my email history and as far as I remember it was as simple as installing Roli Connect and it automatically registers Equator 2 to your account when you set up your registration with Roli in the Roli Connect software. Opening Roli Connect you will see your serial number in the list of products you can install etc. but it again automatically does all this for you.

Hope that helps.
Thx machinesworking! Unfortunately, Roli Connect doesn't indicate my serial number and I never received one via email. Roli Connect only provided me with software downloads, which works fine, however when I attempt to launch the VST I get their cute "Uh oh!" pop-up and nada. Incidentally, I sent several emails to Roli support, both directly and via their website, plus their Twitter support channel and still nothing.

Alchemedia wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:00 am

Hope that helps.
Thx machinesworking! Unfortunately, Roli Connect doesn't indicate my serial number and I never received one via email. Roli Connect only provided me with software downloads, which works fine, however when I attempt to launch the VST I get their cute "Uh oh!" pop-up and nada. Incidentally, I sent several emails to Roli support, both directly and via their website, plus their Twitter support channel and still nothing.
If you're on a PC, close out of it and then when you run it next time, run as Admin by right-clicking on it. Hopefully after that it will run normally.

Examigan wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:56 am
Alchemedia wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:00 am

Hope that helps.
If you're on a PC, close out of it and then when you run it next time, run as Admin by right-clicking on it. Hopefully after that it will run normally.
Thx Examigan. Already tried that, and contrary to the silly pop-up below, I am signed in to my account. Still waiting on serial #. :help:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I didn't get one like that exactly, but when I tried to open Roli Studio Player it had a similar message. No matter what I tried it would not work. Roli Connect would then give me a weird error with uh-oh! and some symbols in it. I wrote to their support with a screenshot of it. About a week later when I tried it I noticed I had to sign into Roli Connect and never had to previously (except for the first time). After I was signed in, then the Roli Player screen opened. Equator2 had been working for long time, just not the Studio Player. So maybe you can try signing out of Roli Connect (and not just restart it), then sign back in and see if it changes.

Thanks Examigan, you were right! Problem resolved! Roli Connect is apparently buggy.
Last edited by Alchemedia on Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alchemedia wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:08 pm Thanks for the info. I tried signing out, reinstalling latest Roli Connect, uninstalling/ reinstalling all Roli software incl registry, rebooting, etc. Still get the "Oh No!" screen. Worst software installation/auth experience I've had since Window 95...and I'm an IT consultant. Start Me Up Roli! :help:
Yeah, I guess I'm not that surprised. Roli Connect is still not synchronized with all my software from Roli. I own a Seaboard Block, Equator 1 and 2, and Cypher 2, which I guess gets me Strobe 2 since it's sitting in there?

So in my registrations on their website (My Roli), Equator 2 doesn't show up at all, neither does Cypher 2. Again I get a serial for Strobe 2, which I thought was attached to the license for the Rise 49 I sold....

In Roli Connect under apps I get Equator 2, a chance to redeem this Strobe 2 license, and no Cypher 2, but if I go to the "demo" tab I can "open" my copy of Cypher 2.

Besides 2 different but annoying single bugs in Equator 2 and Cypher 2, they're fantastic synths, but the whole registration and authorization process with Roli is pretty much a mess right now.

Return to “Instruments”