Roli: Equator 2 is here !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

machinesworking wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:35 pm
Alchemedia wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:08 pm Thanks for the info. I tried signing out, reinstalling latest Roli Connect, uninstalling/ reinstalling all Roli software incl registry, rebooting, etc. Still get the "Oh No!" screen. Worst software installation/auth experience I've had since Window 95...and I'm an IT consultant. Start Me Up Roli! :help:
Yeah, I guess I'm not that surprised. Roli Connect is still not synchronized with all my software from Roli. I own a Seaboard Block, Equator 1 and 2, and Cypher 2, which I guess gets me Strobe 2 since it's sitting in there?

So in my registrations on their website (My Roli), Equator 2 doesn't show up at all, neither does Cypher 2. Again I get a serial for Strobe 2, which I thought was attached to the license for the Rise 49 I sold....

In Roli Connect under apps I get Equator 2, a chance to redeem this Strobe 2 license, and no Cypher 2, but if I go to the "demo" tab I can "open" my copy of Cypher 2.

Besides 2 different but annoying single bugs in Equator 2 and Cypher 2, they're fantastic synths, but the whole registration and authorization process with Roli is pretty much a mess right now.
The initial response from Roli support which took 5 days was this, believe it or not...
There is no need for a serial as your licence has been added to your ROLI Connect account which you access with your ROLI Connect credentials. To install Equator2, you first need to download and install ROLI Connect if you have not already done so. If you already have ROLI Connect, please make sure you are on the latest version (1.0.14)
Gee, that was helpful. Wish I had thought of installing the installer. I thought it automagically installed and authorized itself. :dog:

I'm not sure what they did if anything on their end however the Roli Connect software caching is clearly buggy. I'm glad I'm finally able to launch Equator after 5 days however I dislike the fact that they don't actually provide a license number like most every other software developer, or if they do I can't find it anywhere (nothing in Roli Connect or my profile on their website). If I had one I wouldn't have had to go through all this nonsense.

I still haven't heard back from Roli support on the notes cutting off issue with loops in Bitwig, it's been a few weeks.

Alchemedia wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:57 pm
machinesworking wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:35 pm
Alchemedia wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:08 pm Thanks for the info. I tried signing out, reinstalling latest Roli Connect, uninstalling/ reinstalling all Roli software incl registry, rebooting, etc. Still get the "Oh No!" screen. Worst software installation/auth experience I've had since Window 95...and I'm an IT consultant. Start Me Up Roli! :help:
Yeah, I guess I'm not that surprised. Roli Connect is still not synchronized with all my software from Roli. I own a Seaboard Block, Equator 1 and 2, and Cypher 2, which I guess gets me Strobe 2 since it's sitting in there?

So in my registrations on their website (My Roli), Equator 2 doesn't show up at all, neither does Cypher 2. Again I get a serial for Strobe 2, which I thought was attached to the license for the Rise 49 I sold....

In Roli Connect under apps I get Equator 2, a chance to redeem this Strobe 2 license, and no Cypher 2, but if I go to the "demo" tab I can "open" my copy of Cypher 2.

Besides 2 different but annoying single bugs in Equator 2 and Cypher 2, they're fantastic synths, but the whole registration and authorization process with Roli is pretty much a mess right now.
The initial response from Roli support which took 5 days was this, believe it or not...
There is no need for a serial as your licence has been added to your ROLI Connect account which you access with your ROLI Connect credentials. To install Equator2, you first need to download and install ROLI Connect if you have not already done so. If you already have ROLI Connect, please make sure you are on the latest version (1.0.14)
Gee, that was helpful. Wish I had thought of installing the installer. I thought it automagically installed and authorized itself. :dog:

I'm not sure what they did if anything on their end however the Roli Connect software caching is clearly buggy. I'm glad I'm finally able to launch Equator after 5 days however I dislike the fact that they don't actually provide a license number like most every other software developer, or if they do I can't find it anywhere (nothing in Roli Connect or my profile on their website). If I had one I wouldn't have had to go through all this nonsense.
Yeah I tried telling you that earlier, you I guess didn't understand. Roli Connect is a software application, like Native Access, Arturia Software Center... UVI, iZotope etc. also use them. It's not the same as My Roli on the web etc.

I kinda hate them, I get they help in the long run though. You do have to log in to your account on Roli Connect for it to work, which in my case means a dance between Safari and Roli Connect to get my auto generated super long password over...

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:12 pm I still haven't heard back from Roli support on the notes cutting off issue with loops in Bitwig, it's been a few weeks.
I remembered you mentioned that and it was the first thing I tried in Bitwig and can confirm I had the same issue. I will create a TT also.

machinesworking wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:13 pm Yeah I tried telling you that earlier, you I guess didn't understand. Roli Connect is a software application, like Native Access, Arturia Software Center... UVI, iZotope etc. also use them. It's not the same as My Roli on the web etc.

I kinda hate them, I get they help in the long run though. You do have to log in to your account on Roli Connect for it to work, which in my case means a dance between Safari and Roli Connect to get my auto generated super long password over...
Yes, thx you did and I understand that. I use Arturia, NI, UVI, Softube, PA, etc., however. Roli Connect is clearly buggy and the pop-up error msgs that appear are frustratingly irrelevant.

Alchemedia wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:46 pm
machinesworking wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:13 pm Yeah I tried telling you that earlier, you I guess didn't understand. Roli Connect is a software application, like Native Access, Arturia Software Center... UVI, iZotope etc. also use them. It's not the same as My Roli on the web etc.

Yes, thx you did and I understand that. I use Arturia, NI, UVI, Softube, PA, etc., however. Roli Connect is clearly buggy and the pop-up error msgs that appear are frustratingly irrelevant.
Could you explain. Reading through this, you seem to have been able to authorize your software but there's no explanation as to how that happened.

machinesworking wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:59 pm
Alchemedia wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:46 pm

Could you explain. Reading through this, you seem to have been able to authorize your software but there's no explanation as to how that happened.
It was a comedy of errors, however my understanding is there was apparently a glitch in the system which culminated with my trouble ticket getting lost in the ether. Lucky for me Dan from Roli spotted this thread and helped sort everything out. In any event it's all good now! Thanks everyone & Happy New Year! :party:

Alchemedia wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:15 am It was a comedy of errors, however my understanding is there was apparently a glitch in the system which culminated with my trouble ticket getting lost in the ether. Lucky for me Dan from Roli spotted this thread and helped sort everything out. In any event it's all good now! Thanks everyone & Happy New Year! :party:
OK I'm trying to get you to add the information that would be helpful to people who might run into a similar situation that you did, but I get that for some reason you're not willing to detail what the solution was.

machinesworking wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:30 am
Alchemedia wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:15 am It was a comedy of errors, however my understanding is there was apparently a glitch in the system which culminated with my trouble ticket getting lost in the ether. Lucky for me Dan from Roli spotted this thread and helped sort everything out. In any event it's all good now! Thanks everyone & Happy New Year! :party:
OK I'm trying to get you to add the information that would be helpful to people who might run into a similar situation that you did, but I get that for some reason you're not willing to detail what the solution was.
On the contrary, I'm more than happy to share--that's why I'm here! All I can say is that the crossgrade license from Roli Studio wasn't provisioned properly and I never received a serial #, I was informed their was a glitch & my TT was overlooked, Roli Connect is buggy and their average wait for a response is 2 weeks. However once my license was provisioned and I logged back in via Connect I was able to authorize the software. As a side note, Equator is great so it was worth the hassle. ;-)

Three weeks and no reply from support (except the automated one after a few days saying sorry for the delay). I know it's been Christmas but that's a bit long!

I got the "Oh no" error message as well and the fact that Equator 2 wasn't in my ROLI account led my mind to take me down rabbit holes that were unnecessary and wasted my time. After uninstalling and reinstalling ROLI Connect which didn't help, the end solution was super simple and the one thing I didn't try. I needed to log out of ROLI connect and log back in. For whatever reason that did it. I felt pretty stupid at that point. As others have said, the implementation could be better but once it is working it is totally worth it.
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

License provisioning is archaic, Roli Connect software caching is buggy, the pop-up msgs are irrelevant and tech support is MIA. However, the synth is great! 😎🤘

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:07 pm Three weeks and no reply from support (except the automated one after a few days saying sorry for the delay). I know it's been Christmas but that's a bit long!
I finally got ahold of them. At least they know about the bug. Now it's a matter of seeing if they do anything about it. If the disappearing modulation in Cypher 2 when you turn a knob up 100% is any example, we're going to have to live with it. :bang:

Whywhy wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:52 pm The great thing about Equator 2 is the possibility to modulate in reel time, the granular sample index.( i didn't see that feature a lot ) And you could do your own sample set too.( perhaps, some sample sequencing, wave seq are possible )
I believe Falcon also has this feature for Granular Synthesis... I'm really interested but would be interested to understand what is unique compared to Falcon or Serum?

Whywhy wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:52 pm The great thing about Equator 2 is the possibility to modulate in reel time, the granular sample index.( i didn't see that feature a lot ) And you could do your own sample set too.( perhaps, some sample sequencing, wave seq are possible )
The Sample index is the sample within a folder right? So how do we put our imported samples into custom folders?

Return to “Instruments”