SynthMaster v2.9.9 RC (Rev 10237) released: NOT a minor update though! ;)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

accessdune3 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:53 pm I strongly advice to kv331 to double check all the presets and expansions. Just by browsing from 1 till 20 i found that abc organ patches from 1 to 7 are all broken. They don't play. Who knows how many patches are broken. Just randomly browsing Arp flubber is also broken.
I played those Nori Ubukata ABC... organ presets hundreds of times while I've been testing, believe me.

Can you please right click on the plugin window and confirm you are running Revision 10082?

Thanks
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

And if he can play them again.... I found some patches that didn't play, yet if I opened another instance of SM2, they played in them. really odd
rsp
sound sculptist

kv331 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:48 pm
accessdune3 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:53 pm I strongly advice to kv331 to double check all the presets and expansions. Just by browsing from 1 till 20 i found that abc organ patches from 1 to 7 are all broken. They don't play. Who knows how many patches are broken. Just randomly browsing Arp flubber is also broken.
I played those Nori Ubukata ABC... organ presets hundreds of times while I've been testing, believe me.

Can you please right click on the plugin window and confirm you are running Revision 10082?

Thanks
Yep in running that version

zvenx wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:53 pm And if he can play them again.... I found some patches that didn't play, yet if I opened another instance of SM2, they played in them. really odd
rsp
I thought I fixed that issue, but I'll revisit it. Basicly SM2 is storing 2 different versions of the waveform. One for v2.5/v2.6 presets, one for higher versions. I suspect this bug is about this versioning.
Works at KV331 Audio

Ahhh... got ya....
rsp
sound sculptist

Crashes Reaper, Mixcraft and Renoise on startup :?

classic wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:56 pm Crashes Reaper, Mixcraft and Renoise on startup :?
I would recommend a clean installation. I've been doing all my tests with Reaper on Win/Mac for the past year.

Delete anything under <my documents folder>/SynthMaster folder except the license key file. That might help.
Works at KV331 Audio

Or move it to your desktop if you have favourites :)
rsp
sound sculptist

that font thing did a trick. Organ sound still doesnt work, but randomly it worked one time using blue skin, after that doesnt work anymore.

Anyways:
1. why some of the names in the browser are in bold (blackened?)
2. I see mallet instrument name overalping
3. Why string and mallet instrument need own subgroup? it looks unorganized
4. Blue skin browser background gives eye fatigue, way too bright.
5. FX and preset sections in blue skin are somewhat wrong color?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Synthmaster 2.9.9 crashes when you import your own wavetables. A single one works but if you have a folder with e.g. 90 imported wavetables crashes the program. Tested with Cubase, FL Studio and Standalone.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

Favourites. If you look closely, you'll see the star next to them is filled in. This is another good reason to alter the background of this skin.

Anyway..

SynthMaster 2.9.9. HELL YES.

I have been waiting for this update. This is incredible. I actually stopped using SynthMaster because there were a couple of niggling bugs that just stopped me from using it. These have been totally fixed. And the updates to the sequencers, the tuners, the visual feedback, this is such a massive update for me.

I wanted to post this message earlier, but I ended up making 3 or 4 patches. For me you have given synthmaster its 'mojo' back. I love using this synth. It's powerful, fun and sounds bloody great. I had forgotten just how good the delay and reverb sound. One of the few synths I have where I don't need to always need to use an external reverb.

I was on the verge of picking up ANA2, which is a fantastic synth. But with this mighty update? ANA2 can wait for next year.

Really, thanks for this. Going over all the patches I made for it made me realise just how much I like this synth. I started to use it for straight up SFX design, and didn't get very far because of some of the issues. Time to put Synthmaster back where it belongs - back in my template.

I am proper stoked about this update. Thanks so much!

I'm gonna get pizza tonight. Going all out with the party here.

Karmoon wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:37 pm
Favourites. If you look closely, you'll see the star next to them is filled in. This is another good reason to alter the background of this skin.
Nope, I have 0 favorited patches

PietW. wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:17 pm Synthmaster 2.9.9 crashes when you import your own wavetables. A single one works but if you have a folder with e.g. 90 imported wavetables crashes the program. Tested with Cubase, FL Studio and Standalone.
Hi Piet,

Could you email those so I can test as well?

I tried to improve the wave file import workflow so that SM can differentiate between samples & waveforms/wavetables. But maybe there is a bug while it's trying to decide:

Length = 2048 or < 4096 & has no loop points -> single cycle
Length multiple of 2048 -> Wavetable
Otherwise sample

For samples, you can import multi-samples in different ways:

1. by putting note name in the file name:
piano.c3.wav
piano.c4.wav

2. by putting note name and velocity ranges in the file name:
piano.c4.0.63.wav
piano.c4.64.127.wav

3. by putting note name and sequence number in the file name
piano.c5.1.wav
piano.c5.2.wav

Thanks!

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio

I installed the update, tried to change the skin in Reaper and got a crashed (tried 3 times, with a different skin, it crashed each time).

accessdune3 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:55 pm Nope, I have 0 favorited patches
The bold displays on author name, instrument type, attributes list are metadata of the loaded preset.

The bold display on the preset list is an indication of favourite preset. Please double check FavouritePresets.txt file under /Documents/SynthMaster
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”