Air Music Technology's Drum Synth 500

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mabian wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:49 pm Alert: I bought Boom as well a while ago, I never used it... you won't believe it but it has a single stereo output...
Thanks for confirming this, just been playing with it and was wondering if I was doing something wrong, I mean, everything has multi outs now surely? ;)

leeleema wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:12 am
starflakeprj wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:40 pm I'm pretty sure DM500 has never been available for £14.95, but there are other reasons not to buy it, or one BIG reason, it's AIR. That should be enough to stay far far away.

AIR stuff (maybe) was top quality, 10 years ago. Now the plugins are almost not even worth the less than $5 some plugins sell for.

Crap company, crap employees. The "We've gone mad" email, claiming over $300 savings on Riser, Loom II and Hybrid 3 is just hilarious.
Can you qualify this? By any measure, AIR stuff is top quality, and to say e.g. Xpand!2 is not even worth the $5 it goes for seems a little extreme.

There are some complaints about the gui being too small and the plugs not being updated. But if those issues do not affect the user, and I suspect they do not affect the majority of users, then they are outstanding plug-ins, especially for the price.
AIR stuff is crap because AIR is crap. They have promised (for about 3 years) resizable GUI's on ALL their plugins. Instead they are releasing Loom II, Boom and DM500, STILL WITHOUT resizable interfaces. Probably plugins they started a long time ago. They have most likely lost people due to acquirements, and now they are lacking competence internally.

Install their plugins on a system a system with the latest iLok software already is installed and see what happens. I started a thread about it a while ago.

I would rather pay €189 again for Parawave Rapid (for instance) than give another cent to AIR.

AIR is in a downward spiral, which is why they are panicking and selling their plugins that cheaply, because nobody would ever pay more than $5 for their stuff in 2020/2021. If someone does, he or she is just stupid.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

yul wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:56 pm The Akai seems interesting but believe you need to own an MPC of some form.
MPC (the software) does not require MPC hardware. It's basically a software version of the hardware that takes advantage of the computer platform. If you know how to use an MPC it'll be natural. If you're coming from a traditional DAW it's a new workflow that is more suited toward building songs via chaining layered patterns. If you want to try it there is the free MPC Beats app that is probably sufficient for many people's needs, they intend to make money via the expansions.

reusenoise wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:51 pm I demo it, nothing special, maybe when they put @9,99 I consider to buy it :D
It's $9.99 now so go for it!

plexuss wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:54 am
reusenoise wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:51 pm I demo it, nothing special, maybe when they put @9,99 I consider to buy it :D
Bought :lol:
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

reusenoise wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:29 am
Is it any good?
It’s actual synthesis, not samples right?

simmo75 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:52 am
reusenoise wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:29 am
Is it any good?
It’s actual synthesis, not samples right?
Yes synthesis and a couple of extra slots for samples, coming with 500 drum midi files they worth 10 euro alone... and you can download the demo and keep the midi files
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

where 9.99?

thanks

Don't krack and you get free garbage lsd http://www.dontcrack.com/news/2021/02/f ... rbage-lsd/

I'm assuming the plugin is the "inspiration" for DrumSynth that was added to MPC hardware late last year?

https://www.akaipro.com/drumsynth

https://youtu.be/lzrEY2BR9pw

If that's the case it should be surprisingly good & versatile, easily worth the $9.99
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Wow, $10 is a great deal for Drum Synth 500 but I am concerned about reports of Air plugins causing serious issues with some computers due to the Pace iLok software.

viewtopic.php?f=265&t=546199

I own a ton of Air plugins but am not reaching for them in new projects for this reason and have also not updated the pace software on my studio system for a long time since I had lost my licenses after an update an it was a hassle getting them back.

Has anyone had issues with installing and/or authorizing DS 500? Did you already have the Pace e-licenser software installed or was it a first time installation?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Never have issues with Pace win7 64 bit

I've only had the one issue where my licenses were lost due to a Pace update.

Have you installed any Air plugins recently such as the Drum Synth 500 ?

I have been reading things like this as recently Jan 5th 2021....

"Beware, iLok/PACE installation (BSOD) problems (Structure/Strike)!"

viewtopic.php?f=265&t=550083
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”