Tal J-8

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gas Giant - TAL J-8 Presets TAL-J-8

Version 1.2.8
Added some lag in the envelope attack with vco modulations.
Slightly calibrated cross mod. This is fix now. Sorry for the issues...

He's still at it

It's the usual thing with TAL synths, wait 2-3 months before they become stable in sound and features :)

I know it seems like I was complaining haha. I'm just impressed with how on it he's been with updates.

For me it's between complaining and being happy about new features :)

I've already started and partly finished several tracks with the synth, and now he changed the sound again. Need to check with the new version or if I stay at the old version to render the pre-masters...

And I know it happened before with Tal-Mod, but just couldn't leave my hands from it, sounds soooo goood.

The quality/price ratio of TAL's plugins is astounding. One of the few devs I buy from every single time.

Version 1.2.9

Long decay times not possible fixed (introduced by 1.2.6)

This is very impressive.

Was hoping for an easier ride on the CPU, but it is obviously fairly involved. Perhaps it's the dual layers (duh)

dermage wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:06 am It's the usual thing with TAL synths, wait 2-3 months before they become stable in sound and features :)
Tal synths are pretty stable from the beginning with no major issues :tu:
Still waiting for cherry audio to fix the osc sync aliasing issue in ca 2600, 3 months after it's release :lol:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:51 pm
dermage wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:06 am It's the usual thing with TAL synths, wait 2-3 months before they become stable in sound and features :)
Still waiting for cherry audio to fix the osc sync aliasing issue in ca 2600, 3 months after it's release :lol:
I did not mean stable in running but stable in sound or features.
Stable in this regard means, the sound doesn't change afterwards (when loading the same project file).

PS.: I've completely skipped the Cherry stuff, fortunately J-8 came out then and I wasn't interested anymore.

It seems that a low cpu mode will be added as there's a new field saved with the presets called 'lowcpumode' (just speculating :oops: )

waltercruz wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:42 am It seems that a low cpu mode will be added as there's a new field saved with the presets called 'lowcpumode' (just speculating :oops: )
yes please

Realistortion wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:16 pm https://tal-software.com/products/tal-j-8

Under the demos tab, you can find an A/B comparison between Patrick's Jupiter and the J-8.
This comparison really is impressive! Especially how exact the osc and filter are. I only noticed a attenuation on the middle frequencies in the filter of tal j8, while the original stays more constant in volume while the filter sweep. Like a small eq peak bump in the upper mids.

As people are talking about updates, can I ask whether these vst's update themselves or can be updated within the program? Or do I have to check the website and download myself?

You have to check the site and download yourself.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:51 pm
Though MPE is completely broken since release...

Return to “Instruments”