Tal J-8

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gas Giant - TAL J-8 Presets TAL-J-8

Thanks.
At least now I don't have to check the j-8 page three times a day to see if the udpate has been posted, until a few days from now. :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Shifrin wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:15 pm I'm having a weird issue in Reaper...
I've attached a Reaper project file that, at least on my machine, demonstrates the weird issue I'm having with TAL J-8. When it's loaded up and I hit play everything sounds perfect. If I then record-arm the track and hit play I get glitches on every note-on :
TAL-J-8 Glitch.zip
All rendered audio is fine, the glitches only occur when the track is record-armed. I've never had anything like it happen before and it's not a CPU issue as far as I can tell.

Specs: Windows 7 64-bit, Reaper v6.23 64-bit, J-8 1.34 VST2, ASIO driver at 256 samples, 44.1kHz 24-bit.

Cheers :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Micro Kid speaks digi-talk.."

I assume you emailed it to Patrick?
That's the best way to get support.
I am not sure how often or if he ever reads this thread in its entirety.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:17 pm I assume you emailed it to Patrick?
That's the best way to get support.
I am not sure how often or if he ever reads this thread in its entirety.
rsp
From my personal experience, they have great support.
Its always best to contact a dev from the official web site directly.

Will give that a go cheers :tu:

Great. Best wishes.... not sure if this is your first Tal product but his service is really unbelievable.
rsp
sound sculptist

I confirm. Immediate response from Patrick, and then a few days later...boom..an updated fixed version comes up.

zvenx wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:09 pm Great. Best wishes.... not sure if this is your first Tal product but his service is really unbelievable.
It is my first commercial Tal product - have used some of the freebies before - couldn't resist getting it, the sound is phenomenal! :love: :D

Shifrin wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:28 pm
zvenx wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:09 pm Great. Best wishes.... not sure if this is your first Tal product but his service is really unbelievable.
It is my first commercial Tal product - have used some of the freebies before - couldn't resist getting it, the sound is phenomenal! :love: :D
Tal Sampler is also very good and TAL-U-NO-LX is a must have.

Just bought - probably because of the updates but this synth when I first demoed on initial release I was very impressed but after a few patches and spending more time with it - it's now one of my favourite VA synths and I class it up there with my other favourites I own like Diva and Repro

Don’t forget Talmod , spectaculair !!!
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Don't forget the Intro price is due to end tomorrow.

"20% intro discount! ends 28.02.2021"

rsp
sound sculptist

I have the Arturia one (v4) but this one is different. Can't say really which one I like more, but I bought TAL's one about an hour ago and I'm glad I did.
Well, the price is almost the same for me, -20% + 15% GST, but it's still ok and worth it. It works well with Live 11 and I'm looking to use it a lot because it has a simple structure while still producing many different sounds. The character is absolutely different than Diva's (seems more raw).

Just wanted to say Patrick's support has been fantastic!! (my issue seems to be CPU related so I just have to watch unison/high voice counts etc). Can't recommend enough :tu: :D

Just finished the manual. It took about one hour. I must say it is crucial to read the manual because some things can't be worked out with guessing.
The manual was really very good and into the point. I begin to like it a lot now, after understanding it and playing around more. It is really a fantastic synth. Works like a charm in Reaper :D

Return to “Instruments”