RAPID Synthesizer | 1.8.5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Progressive House RAPID Synthesizer

I ran 1.8.5 demo a few days ago on bigsur

I am on Cubase so I use the vst version but not having issue on Big Sur 11.6 and Rapid 1.8.5.
Granted I am not using it often.
rsp
sound sculptist

this synth is really nice to program, it s generaly well tought out for the workflow and it seems like it s what matter the most to me these days, pleasure of programing and without frustration of not beeing totally happy with the sound with the way it react when you adjust things, and this one deliver for lot of sounds.. very easy to program and get result that will be hard to beat , it s a psytrance monster synth, some of the fx are also great for creative purpose and these sound nice ( havent used all of them yet but chorus X is really nice and the delays )
for guys who didnt try it yet, it s a bit similar to serum sound but not as "digital " sounding maybe, but if you find some quality in serum sound these are there as well ( like cutting good into the mix, sounding polished , sound than dont need much eq and processing if any at all to sound finished... )
it feel like lot of the things have been well designed , tought out and tested sonically , it dosen t feel rushed work, but i wouldn t mind more filters even if there is a lot already, one that sound really analog would be great but maybe i will discover some that have great resonance and tight sound..
Last edited by kobal on Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:32 pm, edited 11 times in total.

yes i really love this software
lot of updates for free
and its easy to read the knobs
and dont have strange copy protection

its awesome

at first it remind me the virus.. but after days i think it might be way better than the C i had..i was never totally happy with the sound of virus , this one i don t hear anyhting that annoy me if the patch is good, i never enjoyed the virus osc sound specially the saw and for bassline ,this one is good..the evenlop are tight and precise, fm also good , and the double warp feature like syncro and bend ect.. really nice.. also lot of the inculded wavetable are nice, i programed many sound wihtout using mines, in serum it s the opposite for example

Totally agree. Sound engine in Rapid is truly amazing. I wish it will update shortly because I miss MSEGs a lot of the times during patch creation. ARP cover basic modulation though but MSEGs will launch Rapid to another level.

I have Virus TI, love it. Rapid is not trying to replace it, they are different enough. But, when I’m feeling tired of menu diving in Virus and want to explore new sounds faster, Rapid always delivers :)

Dombaeb wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:53 pm Totally agree. Sound engine in Rapid is truly amazing. I wish it will update shortly because I miss MSEGs a lot of the times during patch creation. ARP cover basic modulation though but MSEGs will launch Rapid to another level.

I have Virus TI, love it. Rapid is not trying to replace it, they are different enough. But, when I’m feeling tired of menu diving in Virus and want to explore new sounds faster, Rapid always delivers :)
yes for sure i wonder how it will be implemented in the user interface, look almost full already :D
the used modulation matrix slot could be unlighted slighty more it can be hard to find but i guess i will be used to it.

i don t know about the Ti but this cover the C and more and with a sound i enjoy more overall , i think it might be one of the best VA for psytrance ever or maybe it s honey moon period.. cause i think it s not really superior sounding to my other plugins i enjoy but the caractere is very well suited for psytrance and it feel the synth is well tought out for programing, i mean its easy to find lot of spots that sound good and there is a bit everyhting to make good sounds in there wihtout much trouble and the sound is also suited to use in dense mix that need cuting powerfull sounds ,it s sound well balanced for this and not muddy in the low mids or dark sounding or too bright for my taste, the user interface also make me creative in making presets , it s easy to try to modulate about everyhting including the FX , and really enjoy the stepers and that is possible to modulate the syncro speed of modulators, i thought it was not possible at first but lot of little things like that suprised me, i thoguht it was more limited at first. i discover more and more great sweet spots with the osc and filters and the fx , i think it s gonna be really fun once i know it better.
in few days of use i m probably around 50 presets i think it didn t happen with a other synth , i m well conected to this one

We just released the new Progressive House XT !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR2Mpp0avmo

Wish you much fun listening. Tell us what you think!

Sounds great, very tight and clean sound.

Are MSEGs far away or we can expect them soon-ish? :)

I hope for more content soon :). Especially also granular use!!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

parawave wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:32 pm We just released the new Progressive House XT !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR2Mpp0avmo

Wish you much fun listening. Tell us what you think!

Incredible stuff. :tu: :tu: :tu: Very Very high quality presets etc. And of course the demo tunes are so dam good from the very gifted Mr Ruta. Well worth waiting for :clap: :clap: :clap: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

i dont like these sounds
for me this is not progressive house
and for this price ,its insane

D.K Envelope wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:37 pm i dont like these sounds
Man I don't know what planet you are from mate :? :? :? :) :) :)

Sounds good to me, but the packs are expensive and they charge VAT even if you are not in a country that requires VAT or are VAT deductible business!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

zeph wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:44 pm
D.K Envelope wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:37 pm i dont like these sounds
Man I don't know what planet you are from mate :? :? :? :) :) :)
its not my cup of tea
boring sounds that all
he can do it better

for this price you must deliver

Return to “Instruments”