Expressive E Noisy!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zvenx wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:31 pm
SLiC wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:52 pm
zvenx wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:55 pm For those who have this and the Touché: Does owning the Touche change the parameters mapped on the midi learn section? If so I would love to see a screen shot to see what parameters they have mapped to what functionality of the Touche.
Thanks
rsp
It maps 1-4 to midi CC16-19 - that's pretty much it!
So 1 (CC16) is Expression control 1, 2 (CC17) Expression control 2 and then Fx control 1 and 2

Or to put it another way- up layer 1 expression, down layer 2 expression, left fx 1 expression and right fx 2 expression (or visa versa, cant remember!)

FYI the midi learn page has 8 slots- the first 4 mapped as above (so could be controlled with anything you map CC16-19 to) and then 4 more which are not pre-set and can be set to CCXX or aftertouch etc (I have vibrato set to AT for example). This IS remembered as a global setting without saving.

Thank you.
Oh you didn't note I bought it.
rsp
:D - so without the Touché plugged in are your first 4 slots still pre-mapped to CC16-19 or is my Touché being detected ?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:42 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:35 pm My first feature request would be MPE support. I don't have the Touche and I do have a Linnstrument.
I think they have already said that's coming....remember its only version '0' so we have a long way to go :wink:

I have an Osmose on order, I am wondering if they will bundle this or an LE version and pre-map everything for that as well...
I also have an Osmose on pre-order.

I'm disappointed that Noisy isn't fully built around MPE and Osmose to start with. I would have thought Noisy would already have MPE to go with the Osmose that was supposed to ship a good while ago.

I listened to a few Noisy demos and was not particularly excited. At least with what is available as far as audio demos at this point, it doesn't really sound like a physical modeled synth. Many sounds are more like the usual subtractive stuff. Doesn't sound bad, just doesn't seem to offer something I don't have already.

I wouldn't mind if they bundled Noisy with Osmose pre-orders since they have had some of my money for a long time and have gone well past the expected delivery date.

:)
No it mapped the first two to modulation and after touch and then left the others unmapped.
I was trying to see if I could try to emulate the touche as best as possible with my lowly KK S61Mk2 :).

In the end I settled with this..... thus far anyway.

I sent them basically a version of my suggestions for the gui as i posted a few hours ago here.
They already responded. ON A Saturday!!!
And weren't just blowing me off, they asked for additional info.
I am impressed.
Definitely will be keeping this.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Definitely a good team :-)
Philippe

Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

databroth wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:29 pm https://youtu.be/d2lWKT7ck1Y
Very cool!

Few quick tips

You can easily add new folders and they show in in the pre-set browser - I added '08 Drums' and copied the drum pre-sets to that folder. The folders can be found in menu, open pre-set folder.

If you like to start on an bank patch (as I do) just save a default in to the selected folder called 'AAA' and it will load when you open the plug.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

pdxindy wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:36 pm
SLiC wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:42 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:35 pm My first feature request would be MPE support. I don't have the Touche and I do have a Linnstrument.
I think they have already said that's coming....remember its only version '0' so we have a long way to go :wink:

I have an Osmose on order, I am wondering if they will bundle this or an LE version and pre-map everything for that as well...
I also have an Osmose on pre-order.

I'm disappointed that Noisy isn't fully built around MPE and Osmose to start with. I would have thought Noisy would already have MPE to go with the Osmose that was supposed to ship a good while ago.

I listened to a few Noisy demos and was not particularly excited. At least with what is available as far as audio demos at this point, it doesn't really sound like a physical modeled synth. Many sounds are more like the usual subtractive stuff. Doesn't sound bad, just doesn't seem to offer something I don't have already.

I wouldn't mind if they bundled Noisy with Osmose pre-orders since they have had some of my money for a long time and have gone well past the expected delivery date.
No demo version of Noisy?

[edit] Found my answer. Weird. Plasmonic has a demo and you can’t buy it. This you can buy but no demo.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Yeh, weird indeed, what is it abut PM synths! Noisy can be registered either on iLok or by serial number on your PC, but I would have assume the iLok version could easily add a demo?

I bought it based on the 30 day money back guarantee (same as Output) but am happy to keep it :-)

As said in the youtube comment, Ee conveyed to me (cause I asked :)) that they are actually already testing MPE... It didn't make it in v1 and they have no ETA for it, but for sure it is coming.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:48 pm As said in the youtube comment, Ee conveyed to me (cause I asked :)) that they are actually already testing MPE... It didn't make it in v1 and they have no ETA for it, but for sure it is coming.
rsp
Yup- I think when its MPE and has a demo it will garner a lot more interest (which it deserves)!

zvenx wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:48 pm As said in the youtube comment, Ee conveyed to me (cause I asked :)) that they are actually already testing MPE... It didn't make it in v1 and they have no ETA for it, but for sure it is coming.
rsp
Good to hear... but it is still a bit of a disappointment for me that it wasn't built around MPE from the start.

SLiC wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:53 pm
rsp
Yup- I think when its MPE and has a demo it will garner a lot more interest (which it deserves)!
Why do you like Noisy? Obviously, since I can only listen to audio examples, I have no sense of using it. But sound-wise why are you liking it? From the audio demos I listened to, I wasn't hearing sounds that caught my interest. I didn't hear much in the way of physical modeling sounds.

pdxindy wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:35 pm
rsp
Good to hear... but it is still a bit of a disappointment for me that it wasn't built around MPE from the start.
If they are already testing the MPE they probably did (as its only been out a couple of days)...They have done a great job making sure all of the modulation amounts are useful and musical with the Touché, so hopefully they putting that much care in to the MPE implementation. They have a good pedigree for this with their other MPE pre-sets...the time isn't necessarily in making the software MPE compatible, its making every one of the 400 play nicely!

What do I like? It has a great and really easy to use interface, it is a joy with Touché for playing expressively, its the easiest PM I have used, very visual...sounds a lot more PM if you don't use the filter (too much filter and everything sounds subtractive). Also I like Expressive E as developers, they are responsive and friendly, this goes a long way with me for 'getting in early', I am convinced this will be a flagship product for them and will be developed with more noise sources, resonator types, filter types, fx etc. For 80E and as a Touché owner (and hopefully soon Osmose owner!) I am a happy camper.

pdxindy wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:43 pm
SLiC wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:53 pm
rsp
Why do you like Noisy? Obviously, since I can only listen to audio examples, I have no sense of using it. But sound-wise why are you liking it? From the audio demos I listened to, I wasn't hearing sounds that caught my interest. I didn't hear much in the way of physical modeling sounds.
Yeah, I’m going to pass on it. Some good sounds in the demos, but I already have a bunch of plugins that are already MPE capable that sound as good. I’ll wait for Plasmonic and maybe revisit Noisy when they add MPE.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”