One Synth Challenge #143: Any Hardware or Emulation (Taron Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Taron wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:00 pm Sometimes that happens, doesn't it. I initially felt like my vote wouldn't help one bit, because of all the 5s. So I went through it one more time and still, I just couldn't lower so many of them. Then I went hyper critical and started spreading carefully, whilst still having felt somewhat obligated not to change a few 5er for various reasons. There were, however, actually 2 2s, not as punishment :lol: :uhuhuh: , but simply because they would've destroyed any justification for the 3s... as weird as that may sound. A system of 5 slots just really is hard, because the results could get so misunderstood. At the end, though...with anything around or near 60 tracks, the whole process is quite exhausting and it might be a blessing to only have 5 ratings (really 4). I still think there should be a "null" slot for the artists own track, then we would at least have all 5 slots for rating. :shrug:
Why torment yourself with other systems after all?) If we have 10, then yes, the estimates will be more accurate, but still 1-2/10 will be equal to 1/5, and you are even unlikely to dare to put someone 3/10, because... The" problem " of OSC (actually its a great blessing of OSC! :hail: ) the fact that nobody doesn't write terrible music here! With all the variety, from popular genres of different times to absolutely experimental works, everyone here, even beginners, manages to keep the bar high! Well, yes, someone should be in the last places (as I was in the beginning :hihi: ), but you support these "recruits", and then, after missing a couple of months, you look at the next results and see them above many old names! It's just an unrealistically high level of quality and talent in this place, that's all! :clap: In fact, for me there are grades 3-5, for a long time I have not heard a work for 2 points and... THIS IS JUST A REASON FOR JOY AND PRIDE FOR US! :party: :tu:
P.S. Someone needs to take my bag with exclamation marks and limit my time for writing posts! I can't control myself... :scared:

Oh, yes, also, I don't want to quibble, but Zicolafaille didn't provide access to download his track! :uhuhuh: :hihi: However, he didn't respond to any of the comments on SoundCloud, probably busy or... yes, I hope he's just busy and he's fine! :pray: And also on the fact that he will read it here) Damn, he has a very beautiful track, I want it in my OSC playlist! :D

I agree. The OSC has been a place where I have been able to sharpen my meagre skills over the last 5 years or so, having entered a track every month since OSC #61 OBXD ... Not missed one so far. The help and encouragement I have had here has been amazing, from composing "issues", sound design, to mixing and mastering. I have landed a few top 5's, but never won one, and usually end up about halfway. But, as I have said many times before, it's about making you create and finish a new track in one month, and the fun of doing that and presenting it to the assembled masses to hear and comment. So many good musicians and technical people here you are bound to get good advice.

It's just a pleasure to be acquainted with everyone here, more so in these difficult times. :hug:

Well done everyone again :clap: :clap: Good work all round. :tu: :phones:

dB

PS BJ or RS will contact Zicolafaille about the download.

Voted...Party time! Fun month participating and listening!
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Not sure if line item #5 is a "rule" or just a friendly invitation, but either way, I voted. :ud:

It'd be nice if there was an "official playlist", or if the OSC website had a toggle-mode to automatically play the next song on the list (assuming the SoundCloud embedder can even support something like that) - sometimes it's nice to zone out and listen passively, different aspects of songs can sneak up on a person that way.

Yeah, yeah, should just download (most of) them one at a time and listen offline, but all that clicking is a lot of wear-and-tear on the Keyboard Playing Finger :D

Alright, I've voted.
Well, I sprinted through the full playlist and tried to somewhat order them based on my impressions. All really excellent music; I voted everything high because I didn't have enough time to really find the most magical of the bunch.

sorry for breaking the "generosity" metric yet again.
mostly here for the One Synth Challenge
you can hear some of my newest music at: https://wrenharmonic.bandcamp.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/@wrenharmonic

VOTED :hug: :phew: :party:

Forgot to post that I voted. Voted!
Lots of glorious tracks!

I also forgot to post that I voted, but I did. Finished on the 14th.

Lint_Huffer7 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:29 am Not sure if line item #5 is a "rule" or just a friendly invitation, but either way, I voted. :ud:

It'd be nice if there was an "official playlist", or if the OSC website had a toggle-mode to automatically play the next song on the list (assuming the SoundCloud embedder can even support something like that) - sometimes it's nice to zone out and listen passively, different aspects of songs can sneak up on a person that way.

Yeah, yeah, should just download (most of) them one at a time and listen offline, but all that clicking is a lot of wear-and-tear on the Keyboard Playing Finger :D
The "Voted" post apparently simplifies the work of BJ and RS; once I did not confirm the vote and I was asked about it personally :hihi: In addition, it is already just a tradition and a way to start a conversation or express your thoughts)

About the list - the SoundCloud playlist of the current month is on the first page of this topic. Playlists from all months are here: https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc

Also, these tracks are archived by month, access to the archives (with the ability to download all the tracks at once) is from the main page of the OSC here: https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/
But this does not happen immediately. Now archived months before OSC #136 Odin II (inclusive), and I hope that this will continue! :D

I did vote - forgot to mention it.

Final Results: Taron - Bucketlist is the Winner!!!! :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

1. Taron - Bucketlist - 237
2. jasinski - As If In Another Lifetime - 235
3. photonic - Reversed - 231
4. schiing - Dubby McWannafly - 230
5. simanus - Ascension - 229

6. tomx2188 - Continuation - 223pts
8. Doc Jon - Birth Of The Internet - 222pts
7. doctorbob - Sounds Of The DX11 - 222pts
9. Full Bucket - 1968, 2PM: Leslie Dust - 220pts
10. TheNeverScene - Wishful Thinking - 220pts
11. asi4 - Gray, blue and red - 217pts
12. IrionDaRonin - Pray & Hope - 217pts
14. jemaudio - Canvas - 215pts
13. Leonard Bowman - All Grown Up - 215pts
15. zarf - mono tribe - 214pts
16. L-EctroBit - DexoLectro - 210pts
17. ontrackp - Hot Pickles - 209pts
18. Local Man - Mercurial Midnight - 208pts
20. H-man - Training Waves - 207pts
19. solidtrax - Timeless Alpha Juno Deux - 207pts
21. zicolafaille - CPU Killer - 206pts
22. bh9090 - Two Steps Forward - 205pts
23. ElVincente - Brumes - 198pts
24. Double Tap - Zany Undergrad - 196pts
25. markheath - OrbiTAL Sails - 195pts
26. Impedance Music - Prepare To Fight - 193pts
27. SeBaer - Terpsichore's Day Off - 191pts
28. Tj Shredder - Arping Alone - 189pts
29. Neptune - Planet De-Ex-7 - 187pts
30. IV! - Play as long as I'm alive - 186pts
31. MyLoFy - Casiol Business - 182pts
32. ELEX - ChiarOSCuro 3 - Redemption - 181pts
33. MalTone - Andrean Dreams Of Summer - 181pts
34. nenneb - Time will come - 180pts
36. Darksynth FX - No Secrets - 179pts
35. Eauson - Synth1 KvR OsC - 179pts
37. liqih - Tarkovsky Trip - 179pts
38. reusenoise - Alien Land - 179pts
40. MilksterX - B.M.F - 176pts
39. RuediRena - Casio Stahl Punk - 176pts
41. The B00 - Surrealistic Picnic Ant - 175pts
42. h.s.j.e. - This Time I Will - 171pts
43. _kyle_ - Recursion - 168pts
44. opdobqo - Emmy And Lara Will Figure It Out - 168pts
45. 3lu5iv3 - Sweaty Joystick - 164pts
46. gorgorgathgorgorgor - Forge Fury - 164pts
47. gigue07 - Nord Lead Mood - 161pts
48. PleaseAdvise - Abandonned chip - 159pts
49. emikaela - Social Unrest Conference Call - 150pts
50. nyxeles - Tricking On The Way To The Grocery Store - 147pts
51. Lint_Huffer7 - Upquark, Downquark, Downquark Makes... - 144pts
52. Spring Goose - Thrifty - 135pts

Prizes:
First place winner, please announce your chosen prize in a reply here on this thread. Next place winners, follow up, one after the other. You may choose to skip. To receive the prize, it may take some time (even a week-month+), but be patient. :hug: NOTE: prizes are not passed down below top 5

:phones: :phones: :clap: :clap:

Scoresheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... NBar6cBrU/

Well done Taron and everyone else too - great round this month.

Well done everyone :clap: :clap: One of the best ever rounds music wise. Everyone rose to the occasion.

dB

Congrats to Taron :hail: :clap: : and all you winners up there :clap: . Nice work if you can get it. :) Thanks to BJ and Richard for their work. :tu: to all who survived the carnage and live to make another track.

Return to “Instruments”