MetaSynth CTX 1.0 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Finally the new version has been released, 35% discount for users of MS6, I'm holding back for now but will eventually update as it's still a very special instrument, not many features have been added though...

https://uisoftware.com/metasynth-2/

For a second my heart stopped beating , thinking the win.version was finally released .
Back to reality , and waiting ...
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Unless they seriously update Metasyth with a solid new UI and true new features, that seriously shows its age now, I'm not updating.

Check out this outstanding two-hour MetaSynth session with composer, teacher and Buchla synth guru Todd Barton:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iitMhGbPDD8
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

I’m sticking out on mojave and the last of the 15” mbp for awhile, but glad to see an update for this, like to see something like ara 2, for a deeper integration with daws, if that’s even possible, tried the open in external editor route in logic, using v5 a while back on 10.13, but the audio didn’t transfer over, so I’m wondering if that works in the new version.

Version 1.1 has been released. This is a free upgrade for 1.0 users. The way screens are drawn has been completely rewritten resulting in superfast responsiveness when drawing and scrolling.

p.s. For now, our focus is on supporting ongoing customers who have moved to a Cocoa Only MacOS version or who pre-ordered the product. We'll be working on a new demo/trial version in March so everyone can give CTX 1.x a spin. We had to discontinue the old Demo format as the piracy level was around 90% for MetaSynth 6 and it never came close to paying for itself, let alone CTX 1.x. Looking for new options to keep MetaSynth alive and in folks' toolboxes.

"We had to discontinue the old Demo format as the piracy level was around 90% for MetaSynth 6 and it never came close to paying for itself"

i ,for one, am sad for you hearing that...

:(
Last edited by Krakatau on Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Metasynth is one of those plugins I would love to use but it’s priced far out of my range.

I’m just a hobbiest so I could never justify the cost but would love to use it. For the record I’ve never, nor will I ever, used a crack of it and so it always remains something in the ‘man, that would be awesome’ list.

I know you have to honour your customers that have paid for the software but maybe down the road you could look at how other previously expensive pieces of software have been made more accessible (thinking Spectralayers, SoundToys or Eventide).

Just a thought. I saw a prof. Demo MetaSynth in Uni years ago and absolutely love it’s potential.

I don’t mean to show disrespect in any way, I have complete respect for your achievements and understand how difficult it is to survive as an independent developer. Just explaining my position and a would like to be customer.

Nathan

Does it have an undo function yet?

As I've said elsewhere, show me a Windows version and I'm in. MetaSytnh was the only application that ever seriously got me thinking about Apple as a music platform.

Congratulations to the U&I MetaSynth team on the CTX release !! :clap: :clap: :clap:
We shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---

nathanj wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:53 pm Metasynth is one of those plugins I would love to use but it’s priced far out of my range.

I’m just a hobbiest so I could never justify the cost but would love to use it. For the record I’ve never, nor will I ever, used a crack of it and so it always remains something in the ‘man, that would be awesome’ list.

I know you have to honour your customers that have paid for the software but maybe down the road you could look at how other previously expensive pieces of software have been made more accessible (thinking Spectralayers, SoundToys or Eventide).

Just a thought. I saw a prof. Demo MetaSynth in Uni years ago and absolutely love it’s potential.

I don’t mean to show disrespect in any way, I have complete respect for your achievements and understand how difficult it is to survive as an independent developer. Just explaining my position and a would like to be customer.

Nathan
Hi Nathan,

Appreciate the feedback.

MetaSynth's features continue to expand, audio quality goes up, and prices come down (originally it could not do an album end to end, and it sold for $799, by 5.x you could make albums for $599, 6.x dropped to $349, and even with all the rewrite/reset costs of CTX 1.0 it's at $299. For supporters, the prices have dropped even more, with 6.x selling for $75, and the new CTX 1.0 for $195. Not bad for a suite of seven tools you can make an ambient, techno, jazz, world music, or even goth-rock albums with - Eric Wenger has done all of those without leaving the app. I think it is all in how one uses it that defines its value for folks.

Thank you for your statement about piracy. Greatly appreciated! U&I Software is mainly a volunteer organization, and sale funds are used to keep the products in existence - Eric does need to eat from time to time, tho' he works 24/7 on the apps (MetaSynth and ArtMatic).

I'm sure when the new Xx (MIDI and MetaSynth Import/Export) is done in late spring, there will be bundle pricing and eventually things like Black Friday sales. Don't give up hope of joining the community!

All the best,
Kevin

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:44 pm Does it have an undo function yet?
Yes. It now has one level of Undo. There were technical barriers to doing this in the Carbon products and still are in the Cocoa versions. But I think we can all agree None to One is a step forward!

All the best,
Kevin

gnu23 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:55 pm As I've said elsewhere, show me a Windows version and I'm in. MetaSytnh was the only application that ever seriously got me thinking about Apple as a music platform.

Congratulations to the U&I MetaSynth team on the CTX release !! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thank you! It's been a much longer road to make this happen than anyone imagined. There is another thread on KVR regarding ideas on how we might fund a Windows version. I'm still hopeful this could be done by a third party for a release sometime in 2022.

All the best,
Kevin

Thanks for the reply, Kevin

You’ll have to forgive me that I didn’t realise (it too lazy to actually look) that it is available for $299. I was under the impression it was still much more than that.

In that case, $299 is a more than fair price in my opinion.

Gonna go look at the Windows dev. thread now ;)

All the best,

Nathan

The demo version of MetaSynth CTX 1 is now available in the UIsoftware.com store.

Return to “Instruments”