What is the must have synth(s) of the past three years.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

briefcasemanx wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:16 am
Held wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:52 am MSoundFactory :love:
I never hear people talk about this. What makes it better than other stuff that's come out?
From a financial perspective it is a good investment that will gain value. You can get it for 150 on sale. The Target price is 300 for now - and it will rather increase with the time. Melda sells lifetime licenses and the MSF grows rapidlay. esp. the content.

And from a marketing perpective you might say "it´s not the marketing" - as common today.

Sounds great until you see the transfer fee Melda charge ;)

layzer wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:34 pm choosing synths is alot like choosing a girlfriend. everyone has different preferences
about what they want-like. so the best thing to do is demo, demo,demo
and find the ones you click with :idea:
And they all have a massive overlap and can cover much of the same ground if you spend time with them. That's also true! :)

layzer wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:34 pm choosing synths is alot like choosing a girlfriend.
You have to buy your girlfriends? Or do you rent them? :hihi:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:23 pm Sounds great until you see the transfer fee Melda charge ;)
At least you can sell it 10 years down the line where as other plugins require you to pay for upgrades every few years or if you don't want them to be outdated.

Both models have advantages and disadvantages. Choose wisely 8)

Well i think theyve been around longer but if i was starting out from scratch with what i know now... Omnisphere and Tone2 Icarus 2. Then after fully learning what these can do, see what you need at that point.

NI Monkark, UHE Repro, Adam Szabo Viper, Refx Nexus3, Xfer Serum are all others i enjoy using though

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:31 pm
layzer wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:34 pm choosing synths is alot like choosing a girlfriend.
You have to buy your girlfriends? Or do you rent them? :hihi:

he gets them from flea markets, the new ones don't work on his old unit

Maybe you can search posts from the past couple years and see what most people are talking about on here.

If you ask them now, their memory may be different than what they first mentioned at the time.

I would say Equator 2. Especially if they can add retriggering of the oscs and add a few more features. It is still relatively new and sounds great.

Wow, TAL is still around? Cool. They were one of the very few developers here when I first joined KVR.
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

Check out the free version of Vital and download some of the user presets posted on the forums to jump start things. It’s not serum or massive X, but it’s fresh and modern in it’s own nice way... and free!

If you’re into vintage synths then I would try out Tal J-8, Synapse Audio Legend (or Softube Model 72) and Obsession (assuming you have Repro-1/5). I have lots of hardware and these hold their own!

If you’re wanting to explore something more unique then I would try out Plasmonic.

There are also wonderful super synths that one could spend ages exploring like Omnisphere and Falcon that blend very well with real instruments. Easy to recommend!

Rapid, Massive X, Equator 2, Generate and Serum are all worthy if you go demo crazy. And check out any other U-He synths you might not have as well. It mostly just comes down to taste and workflow preferences.

I never hear people talk about this. What makes it better than other stuff that's come out?
I guess not many people talk about it cause the workflow is poor. Just look at the physical modeling video someone posted and all the clicking around in it.

pdxindy wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:38 am
I guess not many people talk about it cause the workflow is poor. Just look at the physical modeling video someone posted and all the clicking around in it.
MSoundFactory is more a Dev Environment and as such in a Row with NI Kontak. Check for instance https://www.meldaproduction.com/MSoundF ... nstruments

Then secondly it's kind of a Modular Environment where you can build your Synths from scratch. And I think "Modular" always means kind of "you have to do lots more than just dial in a parameters in a fixed structure" ... and on top of the usual complexity that comes with modular MSF is increadibly deep in terms of options. And therefore it is kind of like Reactor ... but not the Blocks Layer, the Layer below. I did complete songs with MSF as the only synth and it was not much more a hazzle then with any other synth (--> One Synth Challenge in 2020, https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/oscs ... ctic-birds)

But to be honest - I really struggle with it a bit too sometimes. It has a very special take on "modular" which make setups that are easy in Reactor - example Cross Oscillator Modulation - need a bit of a awkward work around...

Nevertheless - It's a recommendation from my side. If I'd were an Influencer I would do a video with lots of insta filters share a coupon with you ... just kidding ;-)

Return to “Instruments”