Looking for distortion VST for AudioRealism Bass Line3 ABL3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Check amp simulations too, situational and may need a touch of EQ but it can fit really well sometimes.

Saturation Knob i'd recomm this
Roots, Rock, Reggae

For hard acid basslines go Devastor 2. Well, that's what I do at least.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I agree that Izotope Trash 2 for 9 bucks is an absolute must buy. Serious.

benmcc wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:00 pm I agree that Izotope Trash 2 for 9 bucks is an absolute must buy. Serious.
what presets are recommended for acid?

Not sure what preset would be the best for you... I would say just start with the trash module on its own to begin with. There's a ton of models in there.

MXR Distortion+ is a popular pedal to use with the TB-303.

I don't know of a great software version outside Helix, but you should be able to do this sort of thing easily in Trash 2. It's basically a gentle highpass -> soft clipping -> lowpass, a lot like a tubescreamer with the tone turned down. The main difference is how the soft-clipping is implemented; see if you can match the sine-waveshaping shown in this analysis:

https://www.electrosmash.com/mxr-distor ... s-analysis

For ABL3 i'd use something like GTR3 (Which I own) loads of good options in that, and amp sims add nice character to 303 lines.

But tbh I use Phoscyon these days and that has its own distortion in it, which is awesome sounding.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Return to “Instruments”