One Synth Challenge #145: Kairatune by Futucraft (z.prime wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

doctorbob wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:11 am Just jump in for Reaper users who want chords

use pizMIDIPolyphony on th chords track and spit out each note to child tracks based on midi channel.

Works a charm, as always. If you can't get it to work, just ask

dB
Wow, that indeed works like a charm. :tu:
Only, the tiresome part is to keep the patches synchronized... :roll:
I even routed them to the summing mixer of Analog Obsession, just for the fun of it...

Edit: OMG, I shouldn't use the summing mixer. It eats CPU cycles like popcorn, and doesn't add that much... :o

I agree, keeping the patches in step can be an issue. I usually get the one note sounding OK, and then drag the vst across to the other tracks for the chords. Rinse and repeat!

Of course, you can have slightly different timbres on each track (note) which in many ways helps with realism, and you can also pan the individual notes - e.g. have a "wider" keyboard!

You can get interesting effects as well if you then add in a (different) delay process for each note.

If you have built up a drum track and then want to separate out the individual percussion items, then there's an action to do that, viz "Explode MIDI note rows (pitch) to new items" I have it setup on F8! This doesn't always work correctly and you find the note lengths sometimes get borked. The alternative way is to create a send from the "master midi" to each percussion instrument track, and add in JS Midi Note filter at the head before the VSTi (or fix the note lengths!)

HTH

dB

There is another sure way to get rid of the torment and have fun-create a track without percussion... :roll: Oh, sorry, wrong topic! :lol:

This synth makes a great kickdrum.

Er... Here's my entry for this month's OSC #145 Kairatune. My experience is that this synth doesn't bounce correctly. It misses the first note of a part sometimes. My song isn't that bad with the bouncing errors but it does have some errors, but i decided to in the spirit of TECHNO just enter the song now.
Bitwig is my DAW. I have used 15 instances of Kairatune, 2 instances of Dragonfly Hall Reverb, then on the master i have got Izotope Imager 2, Tokyo Dawn Kotelnikov, and Thomas Mundt Livemax.

https://soundcloud.com/user-492255322/s ... other-name

Edit: I realised today that the faulty/incomplete version i put up yesterday was absolutely terrible. I've managed to fix the problem, it's a simple solution in Bitwig but which i hadn't thought of yesterday. I've replaced the song, i hope you will enjoy this the proper version.
Last edited by Spring Goose on Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Relax!
A slow soft piece meant for calming down.
DAW: Logic
15 instances of Kairatune
Effects all Logic: Channel EQ (1), Compressor (6), Chromaverb (4), Silververb (1)

https://soundcloud.com/user-506331101/relax

IV! wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:55 pm And what was the rating system in OSC #36? I see 0 points in the last places :o
Back in the before-fore times we used to vote for our top five favorite tracks and rank them 5 (best) to 1. I got a few zeros myself...
It made voting go quicker actually. I find now that I agonize over whether an entry gets a five or a four...

OK y'all, I got a track for ya, it's all about aliens and their tools. I hope this ain't a trigger fer nobody.

9 instances of Kairatune in Reaper.
Loudmax, NastyDLAmkII, ThrillseekerLA, PanCake2 and BootEQmkII on various channels, BaxterEQ, TDR Kotelnikov, TesslaPROmkII and Loudmax on the master.

Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/gorgorgathgorgor ... be-o-matic

gorgorgathgorgorgor wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:48 am
IV! wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:55 pm And what was the rating system in OSC #36? I see 0 points in the last places :o
Back in the before-fore times we used to vote for our top five favorite tracks and rank them 5 (best) to 1. I got a few zeros myself...
It made voting go quicker actually. I find now that I agonize over whether an entry gets a five or a four...
In my first challenge (OSC#128, OB-Xd) I didn't understand the voting system and voted that way! :lol: Thank to BJ and RS that they didn't disqualify me at all back then! :hail:

Spring Goose wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:10 am This synth makes a great kickdrum.
My first attempt at a track was just a kick drum with a reverb chained in parallel, the snare was also a bassline and tension builder. I might still use it it was mad.

So, as I don’t have much time, re roofing, landscaping, plumbing, this will probably be it
Falls apart at the end, but don’t we all ;)

https://soundcloud.com/eauson/kairatune-kvr-osc

Daw Reaper
28 instances
Dcfilter,MVmeter ,Trackcontrol ,
Acceleration, n492me, thunder, event horizon , span, Youlean , correlometer, multianalyzer, ReaEq , blockfish, multi verb, minus delay, Varimu, multi and comp, capacitor2, deckerecka, verbity, distance, smooth, midi transpose, Valhalla supermassive, drive, ccstepper, matrix verb , srsly2
Last edited by Eauson on Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Just as an added extra
https://reaperblog.net/2020/02/reaeq-phaser/

How legit would this be, I haven’t used this technique, but was wondering if using an eq as a phaser would be valid, as it’s just an eq :P
I’d only put it on stun ;)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Eauson wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:11 am Just as an added extra
https://reaperblog.net/2020/02/reaeq-phaser/

How legit would this be, I haven’t used this technique, but was wondering if using an eq as a phaser would be valid, as it’s just an eq :P
I’d only put it on stun ;)
I asked this question and was told no you cant

If you’d push the Q of an equalizer into self resonance this wouldn’t be allowed as well...

Driving in Santa Fe...
adsr.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I can't listen to the Ninth anymore at all."

Return to “Instruments”