Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Invader 2

UPDATE v1.0.6
  • Reduced the contrast of the UI text slightly
  • Cleanup
  • Plugin no longer in beta
  • Pay what you want option remains available as introduction offer.
I would like to thank all of you here for helping me improve this plugin up to this point.
It's currently stable and good enough for a first non beta release!

I will take a short break now as I have been working on this for so long after work. ;-)
Of course I will continue developing and add new features later.

https://www.e-phonic.com/invader.html#/

:tu:

Many thanks for your hard work mate, now go and take that break! Every time I use this I forget I'm dealing with a soft synth, it's so warm and punchy at once. Big ups------

And a tiny download, just 2 MB :tu:

This is such a cute and classy plugin, reminds me of old-school softsynths in its simplicity, but with a nice, warm, up-to-date sound. :tu:

Congrats on the official release. Really nice synth!

Congrats for this gread plugin - Good to know you are back - Just bought it :tu:

WOW! What a great thing this is. I listened to a couple of bass presets, then the first pad preset, and bought it straight away. It sounds absolutely fantastic. I really like the GUI and at 100% it is the perfect size. Filter 2 is fantastic, especially with a bit of drive, and the osc sync is beautiful. And all for bugger-all CPU use. Absolutely amazing!! I can see this becoming my most used VSTi very quickly.

A couple of things, though, if I may. What are the weird Unison modes - 4E, 8E and 6*8? Also, could the second OSC knob be greyed out or hidden when it's not used? It took me a while to work out why it was there. BP, HP and maybe even notch filter modes would be a welcome addition at some point, too. But I'm not complaining, I love it just how it is. I'm a bit skint this week, so I haven't paid much, but I will definitely be buying it again at whatever the final price is, when money is less tight.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:21 am WOW! What a great thing this is. I listened to a couple of bass presets, then the first pad preset, and bought it straight away. It sounds absolutely fantastic. I really like the GUI and at 100% it is the perfect size. Filter 2 is fantastic, especially with a bit of drive, and the osc sync is beautiful. And all for bugger-all CPU use. Absolutely amazing!! I can see this becoming my most used VSTi very quickly.

A couple of things, though, if I may. What are the weird Unison modes - 4E, 8E and 6*8? Also, could the second OSC knob be greyed out or hidden when it's not used? It took me a while to work out why it was there. BP, HP and maybe even notch filter modes would be a welcome addition at some point, too. But I'm not complaining, I love it just how it is. I'm a bit skint this week, so I haven't paid much, but I will definitely be buying it again at whatever the final price is, when money is less tight.
e-phonic wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:59 pm
e-crooner wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:43 pm By the way, what does the E stand for?
E are the emulation unison modes. It's a light weight alternative for true unison that sounds reasonably good, but less clean. I'll make a manual soon to explain a bit more about the synth.

Thanks. What about the 6*8? That's my favourite and it doesn't seem to have much penalty in terms of CPU use.

Interesting little anecdote. After I'd been playing around with this for a couple of hours, I grabbed GForce Minimonsta from Novation for free. It lasted exactly 10 minutes before I started looking for an uninstaller. (It doesn't have one.) Even for free, MiniMonsta wasn't worth keeping after having played with Invader 2. I am absolutely lovin' it!
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

MiniMonsta is awesome :tu:

BONES wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:34 am Thanks. What about the 6*8? That's my favourite and it doesn't seem to have much penalty in terms of CPU use.
It combines the 6 voice true unison with the 8 voice unison emulation mode.
The unison emulation mode is applied at the end of the signal chain so it multiplies the voices by 8 in this case. Making it 6 * 8 :-)

BONES wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:34 am Thanks. What about the 6*8? That's my favourite and it doesn't seem to have much penalty in terms of CPU use.

Interesting little anecdote. After I'd been playing around with this for a couple of hours, I grabbed GForce Minimonsta from Novation for free. It lasted exactly 10 minutes before I started looking for an uninstaller. (It doesn't have one.) Even for free, MiniMonsta wasn't worth keeping after having played with Invader 2. I am absolutely lovin' it!
If my memory is correct. You don't like anything about the Minimoog and any of its emulations.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Anyone compared to BeepStreet Dagger?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

utterly different to Dagger in almost every conceivable way

The sync sounds perfectly clean when set to 100%, like a sine almost. Just out of curiosity, why is that in terms of physics? Does it have to do with the pulse wave?

(I tried it in Retrologue2 and it sounds exactly the same as Invader2, but only when I set the shape control to exactly 60% as opposed to the 100% on Invader2. I also get a clean sound when I set it to other values that are multiples of 20, i.e. 20, 40, 80 and 100%, but the notes are different.)

Return to “Instruments”