Another big Wotja update going live today - Wotja 21.7.2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought the latest version, we'll see if I find time to check it out this weekend :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:46 pm I bought the latest version, we'll see if I find time to check it out this weekend :)
Super cool - I hope you like it :tu:

Best wishes, Pete

@impete

I couldn't find any Wotja 22 thread on here - maybe you are planning on creating one soon.

Anyway, I have updated to Wotja 22 (Windows 10, Wotja 22 lite) and I am having some issues with the plugin scanner.
It keeps asking for a folder for all of my Waves plugins (for every version 10, 11, 12, 13, 13.1).
I am also getting a crash/exit when it gets to Antares Harmony Engine...

"Harmony Engone 4x:vst3 Start Error
Out of place engine initialization failed - Application is terminated"

Is there any way to black list/ignore certain plugins as the above happens every time I open the standalone version of Wotja 22?

In fact, ideally I would want a white list i.e. "only scan for specific plugins" as I own a ton of VST3s that I probably wouldn't use with Wotja e.g. Harmony engine.

Also, my DAWs are not picking up any Wotja VST3 plugin. Where is it located?

Thanks
Last edited by ZincT on Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Does the app at least open for you ?

Here it crashes instantly while doing the scan :-(.

It does not even open the pictures of my existing files, shows that it scans and then puff.....there its gone (must have tried around 20 or more times, instantly crashes).

Pro version on win 10.

@tatanka

Yes it opens and I can even play some of the mixes while it is scanning. It only crashes when it scans the Harmony Engine plugin.

If there was a way to disable plugin scanning on startup (a short key maybe) that would help. I am running the Lite version but want to upgrade to Pro before the sale ends.

The plugin section of the website is still work in progress but hopefully Pete will advise when he sees this.
https://intermorphic.com/wotja/22/guide/#mix-plug-ins

ZincT wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:04 am Also, my DAWs are not picking up any Wotja VST3 plugin. Where is it located?
I found it:
%Program Files%\WindowsApps\Intermorphic.WotjaPro22_22.0.0.0_x64__[random string]

But WindowsApps is a special sandbox folder you don't normally have access too, even with priviledge escalation through UAC, which is weird.

So I rather uncomfortably did this:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 51fe5a4ca9

...which is better explained here:

https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/how ... indows-10/

And now it works. I do assume that with every version change I will have to adjust that folder. The Installer really should put the VST3 in the default location (%Program Files%\Common Files\VST3). I hope this is rectified in subsequent versions.

That said I'm super stoked we have a VST3 version of Wotja now. It seamlessly integrates with my other software now, opening a whole new world of options. :party:

Thanks @wasi - good detective work :)

That explains why I couldn't find it! Thanks for the information on how to access that folder which I have never had to access before. Let's hope that Pete moves the plugin to a more standard location in future updates.

ZincT wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:07 am Thanks @wasi good detective work :)

That explains why I couldn't find it! Thanks for the information on how to access that folder which I have never had to access before. Let's hope that Pete moves the plugin to a more standard location in future updates.
It's where the Microsoft Store app installs stuff by default. This can be changed apparently, or you can move a single app manually:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 938e1ca8da

But that doesn't change the permission issue, or rather it just starts all over again. I now moved Wotja as descriped in the link, took ownership of this moved folder again as described in my last post and I'll see what happens on update... At least now I can point Bitwig to this moved, secondary WindowsApps folder (containing only Wotja) without it having access to any number of other files.

In Studio One, DAW transport barely moves (if at all) when pressing DAW play button, so I don't know if I can record midi yet.
Turned Mix FX Override to Off to disable fx.
Hosted plugin options should be removed from the plugin.
Last edited by Musical Gym on Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi folks,

First off - thanks for getting in touch! Wotja 22 for Windows is a "soft launch" for us right now, while we try to sort out the early niggles that always come from a new release. We're looking pretty solid on iOS, where I think there are only 3 plug-ins that have caused problems. More info here:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comm ... nt_1035522

I'll try to answer questions here as I spot them!

Best wishes and Happy New Year to all!

Pete

Thanks Pete, Happy New Year!

ZincT wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:04 am @impete

I couldn't find any Wotja 22 thread on here - maybe you are planning on creating one soon.
Yes, that'll happen once we've sorted out the inevitable initial issues!!
ZincT wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:04 am Anyway, I have updated to Wotja 22 (Windows 10, Wotja 22 lite) and I am having some issues with the plugin scanner.
It keeps asking for a folder for all of my Waves plugins (for every version 10, 11, 12, 13, 13.1).
I am also getting a crash/exit when it gets to Antares Harmony Engine...
I also have some Waves plug-ins I've been using for testing (Windows 11 FWIW, but originally with Windows 10). I didn't have problems with them - my best guess was that maybe they're not fully registered? I found their behaviour really odd TBH.
ZincT wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:04 am Is there any way to black list/ignore certain plugins as the above happens every time I open the standalone version of Wotja 22?
In fact, ideally I would want a white list i.e. "only scan for specific plugins" as I own a ton of VST3s that I probably wouldn't use with Wotja e.g. Harmony engine.
I'm going to have another think about how to do this. It might take a week or two - as you can probably guess, it *is* a complex issue!! - so please bear with me :)
ZincT wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:04 am Also, my DAWs are not picking up any Wotja VST3 plugin. Where is it located?
Thanks
We've yet to document this - there is a menu item from the main app menu that you can use to show the Wotja VST3. You need to copy this (as Administrator IIRC) and copy to your VST3 folder.

Best wishes,

Pete

Musical Gym wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:29 pm Thanks Pete, Happy New Year!
Happy New Year to you too :)

Best wishes, Pete

wasi wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:58 am
There is a menu option (main Windows menu bar) that you can use to show the VST3 in Explorer.

Copy this file, and paste to your target VST3 folder - IIRC you need to do this as Administrator.
wasi wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:58 am
ZincT wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:04 am That said I'm super stoked we have a VST3 version of Wotja now. It seamlessly integrates with my other software now, opening a whole new world of options. :party:
Thank you very much :)

Best wishes to all, Pete

ZincT wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:07 am Thanks @wasi - good detective work :)

Hi again!

As noted, we require users to show the VST file in Explorer using a main menu option; and copy it from there to your VST folder (as Administrator, IIRC).

I know this isn't ideal, but we've had to build our Wotja 22 distributions using .msix installer format (that are used by the Windows Store behind the scenes), and Microsoft have been unable to explain to me how to have one of these install our VST3 to the desired target folder. I'm sure it must be possible, but currently I've simply been unable to find-out how to do it.

So for now, the solution we've adopted is the only one that seems to "work" even if imperfect!

Best wishes,

Pete

Return to “Instruments”