SampleTron 2 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:04 pm Sorry to hear that an additional 25 in JamPoints to take off the lowest crossgrade and special introductory pricing is not enough for some, I hope perhaps another offer/product in the future will be more palatable for them.
I've over 100 jampoints which I'll (apparently) never use, because they max out at 30% of the price.

But

there's also harsh reality of not gigging from October 2020 and I guess I'll see what June brings. Plus I do have M-Tron Pro.

Would love to use STron2 as well but not for 140EUR. It can and will wait.

Many of us are in the same boat but I do hope it sells well.

Peter,

Do you know when the demo of SampleTron will be available in the Product Manager?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:04 pm
Gosh wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:49 pm I don‘t see any Jam Points in my account (as an original SampleTron 1 owner) :(
When you log on to your account you should see a popup in the User Area about gifted JamPoints.

Sorry to hear that an additional 25 in JamPoints to take off the lowest crossgrade and special introductory pricing is not enough for some, I hope perhaps another offer/product in the future will be more palatable for them.
Sorry, there is no pop up window and there are no gifted jam points in my account...

Gosh wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:53 pm Sorry, there is no pop up window and there are no gifted jam points in my account...
When you go to My Products, does a pop up window appear?

soulata wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:36 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:04 pm Sorry to hear that an additional 25 in JamPoints to take off the lowest crossgrade and special introductory pricing is not enough for some, I hope perhaps another offer/product in the future will be more palatable for them.
I've over 100 jampoints which I'll (apparently) never use, because they max out at 30% of the price.

But

there's also harsh reality of not gigging from October 2020 and I guess I'll see what June brings. Plus I do have M-Tron Pro.

Would love to use STron2 as well but not for 140EUR. It can and will wait.

Many of us are in the same boat but I do hope it sells well.
I'm relaying this, thank you.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:46 pm Peter,

Do you know when the demo of SampleTron will be available in the Product Manager?
There currently is no demo in Product Manager and I don't have information about a future demo version at this time.

Too bad we cannot use our Gear Credits! Peter – will we be able to use Gear Credits to buy Sample Tron 2??
Last edited by dbender on Thu May 20, 2021 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nvm

From the email:

'As an original SampleTron owner, we've added 30 JamPoints to your User Area! Just log in to your account to combine these with your crossgrade pricing on SampleTron 2 to save even more!'

I don't see how this helps people ST1 owners who already have a pile of Jampoints?
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

ians wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:34 pm From the email:

'As an original SampleTron owner, we've added 30 JamPoints to your User Area! Just log in to your account to combine these with your crossgrade pricing on SampleTron 2 to save even more!'

I don't see how this helps people ST1 owners who already have a pile of Jampoints?
It doesn't (I know your question was rhetorical).
Neither does not being allowed to buy this with Gear Credits help those who already have a pile of Gear Credits they'd want to use.

dbender wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:18 pm Too bad we cannot use our Gear Credits! Peter – will we be able to use Gear Credits to buy Sample Tron 2??
I found the SampleTron 2 Upgrade under SAMPLETANK > Collections in Custom Shop 2 available for purchase with Gear Credits.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:53 pm
dbender wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:18 pm Too bad we cannot use our Gear Credits! Peter – will we be able to use Gear Credits to buy Sample Tron 2??
I found the Upgrade under SAMPLETANK > Collections in Custom Shop 2 available for purchase with Gear Credits.
Thanks! I'd looked but didn't see it before my prior post, but after reading yours I searched Custom Shop again and found the page to buy it for 150 Gear Credits. Thanks again.

I wonder what fellow owners of M-Tron Pro who have lots of its expansions, like me, are thinking in terms of getting this also?

Hmmm..... A differentiator is the ability in Sample Tron 2 to add your own samples, but I wonder how easy it is to do that with only 1 wav sound file and get it properly assigned in zones with time stretching .... Other differentiators are the Modern content in Sample Tron 2, and ability to layer 3 sounds instead of the 2 layers in M-Tron Pro. Hmmmm...
Last edited by dbender on Thu May 20, 2021 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbender wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:25 pm A differentiator is the ability in Sample Tron 2 to add your own samples, but I wonder how easy it is to do that with only 1 wav sound file and get it properly assigned in zones....
I would like to know more about sample mapping in SampleTron too:

https://gearspace.com/board/new-product ... st15462951

Maybe IK can make a more detailed video on the loading and mapping of user samples.

A slightly off topic, yet related question: will they ever bring back SampleMoog?

Return to “Instruments”