Is Groove Agent SE that comes with some versions of Cubase, available for use with other DAWs once installed?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I see that Groove Agent SE is included for example with Cubase AI, does that mean that after installation, i will also be able to use Groove Agent SE in other DAWs? Is it supplied in the form of a standard VST like Halion SE is?

https://steinberg.help/cubase_plugin_re ... _se_r.html

Cheers

As far as my experience goes - only a few synth plugins of Cubase Pro are available in Bitwig on Windows ... I cannot speak for other DAWs or other Versions of Cubase.
I have tried to point Bitwig to some of the cubase ".vst3" files which seem to be "multiple vst3 plugin in one file" files, but the plugins won't load. I think Padshop and Retrologue worked from what I remember. I wanted to use the "frequency" Eq, but wasn't successful, as with man others.
Again - want to share my personal experience and can't generalize for every DAW/OS.

No it isn't! It would be so great if it is!
Others are available like Padshop, Retrologue and Halion Sonic SE.
Last edited by EnGee on Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i see,
This is kinda misleading because Steinberg call it a VST, which for the end customer implies that it is a plugin in a universal format.

IIRC you CAN use it with others, but you need to download the separate 'Groove Agent 5 SE' installer from the steinberg download assistant, and the license on your elicenser will work fine with it.

NikkiA wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:06 pm IIRC you CAN use it with others, but you need to download the separate 'Groove Agent 5 SE' installer from the steinberg download assistant, and the license on your elicenser will work fine with it.
Wow! It actually works! that's amazing. The best thing is that it was actually included with my copy of LE. I know it lacks many of the full version's features, but for someone who doesn't have any other "serious" drum plugin, SE is a great one.

Thank you NikkiA :phones: :tu:

image_2021-07-30_012117.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ferez21 on Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

NikkiA wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:06 pm IIRC you CAN use it with others, but you need to download the separate 'Groove Agent 5 SE' installer from the steinberg download assistant, and the license on your elicenser will work fine with it.
Oh Wow! Thanks a lot! I purchased two drums vsti because I couldn't figure how to make GA5SE to run on other DAWs. Now, after installing (or re-installing) GA SE from installer, it appears on other DAWs!!!
:tu:

Nice. I have a Cubase AI license, so, that should work here as well. :) I always liked Groove Agent SE.

Actually, I'm so excited that I have to immediately try that. :lol:

Discovering this saved me some good money, as i was in the market for a drum plugin, but now i dont need to buy any. Played a bit with Groove Agent SE now and it probably has more features than I'll ever use, and a pretty good 6.2GB content package.
Cant believe i bought a bundle of Retrologue 2 and Cubase LE (+ Groove Agent) for $10, as i was about to shell out ~$100 on a drum plugin alone :D

Groove Agent can be used in other DAWs but SE edition can't

tcbbbb wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:12 pm Groove Agent can be used in other DAWs but SE edition can't
That's what we thought, but here i am using SE in Mixcraft and Bitwig :)

Yep. Works nicely in Studio One too. Dunno if it was necessary, but, in the installer I downloaded from Steinberg Download Assistant, I activated the "Install standalone", when I updated Groove Agent SE (still have Cubase AI installed, so, it only updated Groove Agent SE).

Thanks for the tip, I always wished I could use Groove Agent SE in other DAW's. :tu:

Yes indeed! A great discovery (and help from NikkiA) :) NikkiA for President :tu:

steinberg just released a groove agent se update and provides AU and AAX format! 😱

chk071 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:41 pm Yep. Works nicely in Studio One too. Dunno if it was necessary, but, in the installer I downloaded from Steinberg Download Assistant, I activated the "Install standalone", when I updated Groove Agent SE (still have Cubase AI installed, so, it only updated Groove Agent SE).
Little addition: The option to install the standalone in the installer is just that... an option to install the standalone. It has nothing to do with the general installation of the VST3. That one is installed anyway.

Return to “Instruments”