One Synth Challenge #150: TAL-NoiseMaker (Aiynzahev wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wrote a little progi that is able to create points for the MSEG.
TAL.10000.Points.png
For the sake of the experiment I pushed 10000 points into the MSEG.
Is this allowed by the rules - Using any external formular/source to create MSEG points from and manipulate presets on a text editor level? Hm ... kind of interesting how the OSC community values "technical skills and understanding" vs "composition".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IrionDaRonin wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:22 pm Hi everyone, long time! 8)
Irion Da Ronin - Ikigai
https://soundcloud.com/irion-da-ronin/ikigai

KVROSC 150 | TAL-NoiseMaker II (18 instances)

·Made in FL Studio 20.
·Stock effects: FL Maximus, FL Parametric EQ 2, FL LovePhilter (for fake sidechain), FL Patcher (for Mid/Side EQ, FL Peak Controller (for Low freqs EQ sidechain, FL Limiter.
·Free Effects: ArcDev Industries ET-301 (Without the modulation), TAL Reverb 3.

Chiptune/EDM.
This melody was getting sticky in my head since yesterday, and today i could finish this for fun.
I don't have much time, but i wanted to finish this track with the sticky flutish melody.

Ikigai is a japanese word, it's something related to live a long life happily since you find the meaning of your existence.
This melody comes from my inner child, as i remember when i was a child and played games in Commodore 64K, hence the chiptune style.
Somehow, and despite all what happened to me these months, i found the power and energy to continue forward. But running out of time, i have a lot of things to do yet.

I hope you like it! Thanks everyone.
Have a nice day! :smile:
Really good track,never thought Tal Noisemaker could sound so good, 😊

] Peter:H [ wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:17 pm I wrote a little progi that is able to create points for the MSEG.
Is this allowed by the rules - Using any external formular/source to create MSEG points from and manipulate presets on a text editor level? Hm ... kind of interesting how the OSC community values "technical skills and understanding" vs "composition".
This has nothing AT ALL to do with the skill and understanding involved with programming the instrument. Neither has one's ability to fiddle with automation in a DAW, for that matter. Or skills in forcing slamming percussion using OTT or suchlike. I' d say you're actually displaying a lack of understanding of the instrument here, as the developer has already provided the user with tension points, so as to eliminate the need for large amounts of envelope points. Also: if one could automatically create ten thousand envelope points, but hardly get beyond putting a sawtooth through a filter, one still would not deserve much points for "technical skills and understanding," would one ?

But if you want ten thousand automated envelope points, go right ahead and amaze us. Don't forget to explain it all in your track details, so we can then be properly awed.

ELEX wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:21 pm
] Peter:H [ wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:17 pm I wrote a little progi that is able to create points for the MSEG.
This has nothing AT ALL to do with the skill and understanding involved with programming the instrument. Neither has one's ability to fiddle with automation in a DAW, for that matter. Or skills in forcing slamming percussion using OTT or suchlike. I' d say you're actually displaying a lack of understanding of the instrument here, as the developer has already provided the user with tension points, so as to eliminate the need for large amounts of envelope points. Also: if one could automatically create ten thousand envelope points, but hardly get beyond putting a sawtooth through a filter, one still would not deserve much points for "technical skills and understanding," would one ?

But if you want ten thousand automated envelope points, go right ahead and amaze us. Don't forget to explain it all in your track details, so we can then be properly awed.
I'd be whatever you say, ELEX. Lack of understanding, stupid, or silly, or brain dead...

Ah, Elex, I forgot to mention and share my patch ...
ZOMBIE.zip
Ah, and here's the old thread about the MathEvaluator in Meldaproduction where I did some examples how better and explicitcontrol over points can help: viewtopic.php?t=538145
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

] Peter:H [ wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:17 pm ....Hm ... kind of interesting how the OSC community values "technical skills and understanding" vs "composition".
It would actually have been academical, if you hadn't thought it necessary to be so snide about it. Have a nice evening.

What's an OSC?

briefcasemanx wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:25 amHaving a different track for each drum sound and playing them one at a time is really a pain... I wonder if there's a vst that can load other [vsts], and make it so that each vst only accepts one note as input.
I didn't see which DAW you are using, but there are some ways to set this up in Bitwig, Reaper, and others; sometimes requiring the piz midi plugins.

Aro wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:14 pmWhat's an OSC?
Ornate Silicon Chip.

... Is this allowed by the rules - Using any external formular/source to create MSEG points from and manipulate presets on a text editor level? Hm ... kind of interesting how the OSC community values "technical skills and understanding" vs "composition".
To a native English speaker, this does come across a bit confrontational but I believe we should try to think of it as a well-intentioned point and assume it is from someone who's first language is not English (I believe you're German, Peter?). However, I think the OSC community in fact tends to value things they like over incredible technical accomplishments. Often the resulting music that does well is a balance of good technical understanding of sound design, mixing, mastering AND a good composition.

That said, to your question: I believe any way you've achieved some setting in a synth is allowed -- EXCEPT attempting to emulate waveform playback by some means, for example reading a waveform via a program and inputting control points to match would violate the spirit of the rules. Hand editing a config file I don't see as a problem and if you're able to make the synth do something it couldn't via the GUI -- GREAT! Ideally, I think, you would share that newfound trick with the community as early as possible to even the playing field.
Last edited by z.prime on Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Overly Sarcastic Cat.

z.prime wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:05 am
Overly Sarcastic Cat.
Does not exist. More sarcasm only makes cats better.
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

FrogsInPants wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:13 pm
gorgorgathgorgorgor wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:43 am OK. Ya'll know I've been having WAY too much fun with VCV rack. Here's a question for ya. RULES-wise, can I use triggering from VCV to trigger my noisemaker drum sounds in Reaper?
A) Yes, that sounds great and totally valid.

B) If you record the MIDI in Reaper, you now have a MIDI item like any other. It doesn't really matter how you created it.
Thanks Frog, I thought so, but wanted to check before I started. Of course I started anyway, but the reassurance is reassuring.

Origami Scepter and Crown (for origami royalty, with which to rule over their origami kingdom).

Ollie and Stan's Contract.

Return to “Instruments”