Spectrasonics build up to Sonic Extensions....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dark and Light Omnisphere 2 Omnisphere Explorer - Omnisphere 2 Presets

so it isnt it just sound packs/preset xps with customs gui? well actually the price seems well if you compare to a XP of avenger. + all seismic patches can be also edited with full omnisphere control doesnt it?

but something very new it is not? i dont see the unique stuff. just a custom gui with custom MOD knobs/functions?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Biome_Digital wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:09 pm $149 each.
if purchased individually
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Color me underwhelmed... No problem with the product but selling it like it’s the second coming of Jesus is kinda taking the piss. Are we that stupid!!!! No! I find the whole sales pitch extremely patronizing. Extensions have been around forever, nothing remarkable there and neither is the discount option.
Maybe the guys from Spectrasonics should have come out from beneath their rock every now and again to realize that the world of marketing has moved on since their last product launch.
RMX would have been a really cool add on to this whole thing though, so that’s a shame. Omni is still an amazing product though and obviously anything that contributes to its flexibility is a plus.
Last edited by kelvyn on Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Biome_Digital wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:11 pm
teilo wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:08 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:06 pm Is this just soundpacks? This is addon content, isn't it?
Not quite. Each comes with custom effect modules that can be used in any patch. They have new custom controls, and there is a new multi-sampling engine.
New multi-sampling engine in omnisphere? They said it wasn't an update.
They did. There are several new features in 2.8, including custom controls, HiDPI, the new multi-sample engine that allows you do to lots of per-key stuff, new macro controls, multiple FX scenes, and scene crossfades.
Last edited by teilo on Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm not mad at the announcement. I just think $99 would be a better price point than $149.

So... anything happening tomorrow..?

SLiC wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:02 pm
lotus2035 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:56 pm Cash cow time.
If its good enough for NI Kontakt and Falcon/UVI etc....they have lived of 'extensions' like this for a decade...good to have more choice and there is some very interesting stuff here. Hopefully we will get a few 'demos' in Omni to try for free as a taster :D

I was thinking the same thing about NI, UVI and IK.

I would imagine that this will eventually open up to compete with NI down the road.

Competition is always a great thing for users so I’m excited. I still don’t own Omnisphere but someday I might change that. This announcement isn’t the push to purchase but I like the direction they’re headed.

JiggSaw wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:14 pm I'm not mad at the announcement. I just think $99 would be a better price point than $149.
again it is great content if you compare with other XPs from other companies, you get here a lot of more presets each pack, new effects, new wavetables and lots more.
it is like VERY bloated xps. very very interesting if you need more of whats nearly now available but disappointing i expected more than BIG BIG xps.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

SLiC wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:10 pm Omnisphere 2.8 supports a newly redesigned, high resolution interface with support for HiDPI displays. The modernized GUI is now easier to use and resizable to fit comfortably into your workspace.
Just fired up OS. Running 2.7 and it says my system is up-to-date....

I think you have to run twice to check for latest updates

There is an RMX update as well, bug fixes etc.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Mixed feelings so far… if it takes expansions to see nice inspiring presets more often, come what may. Hopefully they will carry on delivering quality over quantity and Spectrasonics will not turn into an expansion factory like certain teams who crap ext-s by genre every 2 months… $149 hmm… I’m watching the first video and so far most of the stuff is lovely and the scroll bar is way towards the top of the list. Another nice thing is the unique interface and set of controls perpatch but I’m wondering if we could see all the parameters as it used to be with layers and everything or it’s justbeing a “rompler” with the extensions?

looks like a great free update to me - the number of updates to Omnisphere since I bought at version 2 has been excellent

They are going for the "output" market, imo. I'm sure they will make money out of it. It's not something I am interested in as I make and sell omnisphere presets (not $149!! btw) but at least a small update to omnisphere is out.

Caine123 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:16 pm
JiggSaw wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:14 pm I'm not mad at the announcement. I just think $99 would be a better price point than $149.
again it is great content if you compare with other XPs from other companies, you get here a lot of more presets each pack, new effects, new wavetables and lots more.
it is like VERY bloated xps. very very interesting if you need more of whats nearly now available but disappointing i expected more than BIG BIG xps.
Yeh, these things are like new 'Mini-Omnispheres', in the first extension for example -

Exclusive new “Under Fire” saturator/comp/EQ effect!
Exclusive new “Under Echo” pitch-shifted ambience effect!
Over 2,000 sounds in eleven different categories
Powerful Custom Controls for creative sound manipulation
Over 300 extraordinary new Soundsources (over 7GB)
Innovative Modular Multisampling – unique timbre/gesture per-key
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”