I see NI have just started with a subscription offering.....'Komplete Now'

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And Discuss! *Note* This isn't an 'everything' subscription, its just a few of NI's products...

£8.99/MONTH
Premium sounds on tap, cancel any time, let’s go.

£89.00/YEAR
If you know you’re going to stick around, you can buy a year up front and save 17%.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... plete-now/

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/
Last edited by SLiC on Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

BIIIIG surprise.

I think I'll pass on it, but that's a-ok.

If it means they start updating more often (hello all the new promised 'rapid fire' amps for Guitar Rig 6!!) then let it rip- I own all the stuff anyway, so no subscription from me...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I am usually online anyway, but for others here this may be an issue:

"Once installed, you can use all our products offline, but you’ll have to connect through NATIVE ACCESS once per month to verify your subscription."

NI is a shadow of what they were in the early 2000s. The investor interest will probably eventually lead to sub-only.

I don't care. NI is a f**king shit show of a company and I'm in the process of moving away from their products asap.

I am still very disappointed that they didn't deliver all the new modelled amps we were promised with GR6 and Massive X could use some love...still, there are some great products in the NI portfolio (I have 13U an S49 MK2) so I hope they keep going but I am not sure this will help...there are already too many subscription based offerings, it's a over saturated saturated market.

I would rather do a sub for Komplete (ultimate in my case) than the usual having to wait years for the new stuff to be bundled, but this isn’t that.  So…

ShawnG wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:45 pm I would rather do a sub for Komplete (ultimate in my case) than the usual having to wait years for the new stuff to be bundled, but this isn’t that.  So…
They used to do exactly that about a decade ago...I can remember what it was called (but I bet it began with a 'K') but it didn't work (for me) as sometimes you could go a year and they didn't launch anything!

Am I confused? I'd assumed the subscription service would include all NI products, but it seems to include only a tiny, tiny fraction (not to mention no Kontakt, Reaktor, or Guitar Rig). I kind of feel like I must be misunderstanding. Even if I were inclined to a subscription--which I'm not--why would anyone do this? Or, again, am I confused about what's on offer here?

If it was Komplete Ultimate I might consider it, but it's not, it's "a curated bundle of essential, on-trend instruments and effects..." i.e. Most of their stuff is not included.

in my case it would be called "De-Complete Now" and generally it should be called "In-Complete Now"
"It dreamed itself along"

lotus2035 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:00 pm If it was Komplete Ultimate I might consider it, but it's not, it's "a curated bundle of essential, on-trend instruments and effects..." i.e. Most of their stuff is not included.
Exactly. This is $9.99 per month for a tiny sliver of NI's product line (and, by and large, the least interesting / useful to me sliver to boot).
Last edited by SirkusPi on Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snore…

Screw them.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

SirkusPi wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:03 pm
lotus2035 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:00 pm If it was Komplete Ultimate I might consider it, but it's not, it's "a curated bundle of essential, on-trend instruments and effects..." i.e. Most of their stuff is not included.
Exactly. This is $9.99 per month for a tiny sliver of NI's product line (and, by and large, the least interesting / useful to me sliver to boot).
It's like subscribing to Komplete Elements. What a gyp. :nutter:

Return to “Instruments”