most used/useful purchases this year?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

im waiting for delivery of an airsynth too :D
and i forgot my prized possessions :shock: my speaknspells n speak n maths :) :hihi:

ahja wrote:Scot, I'm more impressed by that orange monster to the left of you desk. :love:
That one's working its way to the "most used" list, as well. I have always been a fan of the PPG sound, so the XTk was a no-brainer for me when one of our own KVRians offered it up for sale. Nothing grinds, crunches, gasps and groans like a Waldorf.
There are rocketships outside of my window. Really: www.cosmo.org
www.theelectronicgarden.com

Scot Solida wrote:
ahja wrote:Scot, I'm more impressed by that orange monster to the left of you desk. :love:
That one's working its way to the "most used" list, as well. I have always been a fan of the PPG sound, so the XTk was a no-brainer for me when one of our own KVRians offered it up for sale. Nothing grinds, crunches, gasps and groans like a Waldorf.
Indeed ;)

I have to say RGC's z3ta+ and Pentagon, and a Waves Diamond Bundle are my most benificial investments.
Hardware- OB-12 traded in for a Roland V-Synth (awesome)

AudioMulch. Have used it for a while now, regged it as soon as I got a creditcard earlier this year.

FX: Voxengo Elephant and Soniformer.

Oh, and the copy of CM that got me a small arsenal of goodies.

Groet, Erik
Pop music delenda est.

I haven't gotten around to gettng my own copy yet, but I've been babysitting a friend's pc/synth for awhile and playing with his copy of Z3ta+. I can't begin to say how incredible it is. Programming is so easy I've actaully started to teach myself how to play keys (all I did before was theatrical snd. design. Pads and effects, etc.)
Needless to say, I'll be buying my own copy soon.
Other than that, the upgrades to Sonar, and Audition have proven invaluable.

Toshiba Satellite M35-S456

Perhaps better to ask me next year as I bought so much this year :-o :?

ahhh heck;

Pride and joy are the Juno-60 and the Ensoniq Fizmo :love:

The behringer tube hardly stands still since buying it

And softwise the most used of the bunch is z3ta and mobilohm

only today the Boss DS1 arrived and I am waiting for the Metasonix, so expect more noise in the new year :D

Most used instrument is ioplong's splonki. It's free, but I donated to andreas. Most used processor is the GCO-1, I haven't looked at another compressor since getting it. Strange, I have a bunch of freeware compressors sitting around on my hard drive. Might do some pruning soon.

The one plugin I haven't had too long, but am using more and more is the QuadFrohmage filter bank. Got it in the group buy after loving it for their QF tunes contest, at least half my audio has run through it ever since.

It's a tie between NI Kontakt and a 19" Pivoting LCD.

vurt wrote:im waiting for delivery of an airsynth too :D
coolcool ...

... where did you get that idea from ???

slainte :hihi: rob

most used: used copy of TERA 2.

least: Lucifer, which surprises me. I did use it on a couple tracks and I do like it, but I haven't used it to abuse every single track I wrote since buying it, like I thought I would...

most used since last june: crusherX-Live!

foosnark,
i actually use Tera less for pads as time went on.

mostly because of cpu usage. i have enough high cpu synths and have been spending more and more time with low cpu synths fm7 and absynth
the Tera pads really shine when there's some automation on the filters. so simple auditioning doesn't reveal that

but for basses with a little hollow edge, Tera still finds its way into a lot of projects

M42 Nebula :D
Eventually something intelligent will appear written here. Watch this space.

Return to “Instruments”